ARRIVING FROM SCOTLAND

Calypso Davis

(( This is a follow on from this thread http://z9.invisionfree.com/Hogwarts_School...pic=1559&st=225 - It is the HS Students leaving to come over here by Portkey! Feel free to join in and greet us if you wish :) ))

Calypso landed with a thump on the soft grass. She looked around her and grinned, they were there, New Zealand! She loosened her grip on the bags she was carrying, and then let her two rucksacks drop from her arms. Looking around she smiled as she spotted her trunk, she had sent it over here with a spell, as she couldn't manage it along with everything else she was carrying. The students had all theirs sent over before them, but Calypso had brought hers herself! "Come on Spindle" She said softly. Her big fluffy ginger cat was holding on to her arm for dear life, dagging his claws in while he did! Spindle quickly jumped up and scurried off to settle on top of her trunk.
"Rightey oh" She said, grinning as she stood in front of her students while brushing grass off herself. She quickly checked off names in her head, and once she had seen that everyone was there, gestured up to the castle. "Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand!" She said, a goofy grin on her face.

Sakura quickly let go her own hand from the helmet and began to walked to their tents with Isabella, she would of course be friends with both Noah and Asher but right now she just didn't want to be too close to either of them. She wanted this year to be special not fraught with emotional crisis'.
The lawn was huge and there seemed to be plenty of New Zealand students about staring at them. She guessed they must look odd but right now the time zone difference and port-key-lag if there was such a thing, seemed to be taking their toll. She was exhausted though typically didnt look it.

As grass and a building began to come into sight, James knew it would be the end of their journey soon. He was right and as the landed at HNZ he stood up and smiled at Professor Davis and all the surrounding students. Following Professor Davis's gesture, he looked up at the castle. It was a lot like theirs, but there was something different about it and he couldn't wait to explore it!

Isabella smiled as James let go almost immediately he was like a child in a candy store. She turned around herself to smile at those from the other school there to greet them before looking towards the tents, she pointed to the largest one.

"I guess this one is for the girls then. I so hope my trunk is inside like Professor Pinkerton said it would be, so need to have a bath and change." she turned to Saks with a smile, "shall we find our room or greet the natives?"

Noah felt the grass under his feet. Luckily he had landed on his feet for there were bunches of HNZ students looking at them all. They must all look strange arriving to New Zeland by Portkey. Noah couldn't help but smile as he looked at the school. It was similar, he guessed. Yet it was different at all the same time. "We're here" Noah said to more himself than anything.

Asher felt her feet hit solid ground and her knees gave out a little. What a rush! She looked around at the ground of Hogwarts New Zealand. It was the same yet different. Obviously, they were in a completely different country, but the feeling of being at home in this world was still the same. Asher noticed Sakura walking away and knew that she was trying to avoid her. Asher let out a deep sigh...the last thing she needed right now was an enemy. I have to get us on common ground somehow... Asher stood waiting for the others to arrive. She waved at Nina when she landed on the grass. "Can you believe we're actually here?!" she said excitedly, her eyes sparkling. Asher smiled at Noah and Alex when they arrived as well.

When Nina felt ground her knees buckled a little. Nina looked around her and saw Noah, Asher, James, Isabella, Sakura and Professor Davis in front of the school. Nina smiled brightly at this, she was extreamly excited to be here and couldn't wait to start her lessons and to find out who the champions were, she felt that everyone from HS deserved to be in it, except maybe James, Nina figured that he got in becasue his dad is the famous Harry Potter and was in the Triwizard tournament and was the youngest person to be in it. Nina turned to Asher and said, "Can you believe were here?" Nina smiled she felt that they were going to get along or even become close friends during this time, because of what happened between Noah, Sakura, Isabella and Asher.

Alex came last through amazingly enough. He felt it weird since that was the first time he had used a protkey and went he landed, he total fell on his face. 'WOah,'he said a bit too loud going immeadiatley red on his ckeeks as he picked his himself up grinning. 'Nice place eh guys,'he said cheerfully looking round. It was really the same also but then, different alltogether. Maybe he would fit in here just the same. He couldn't wipe the smile of his face anyhow. 'We have to have a race one day from here to there,'he said jokingly pointing to the castle and then then pitch.

"Hey Alex." Nina said after calming herself down from giggling from his entrance. Nina smiled at him and walked over and said, "Yeah, you want to race on our brooms Alex?" Nina immediatly thouhgt of the times Alex and Nina had raced at the quidditch pitch and how shakey of a flyer he was.

Alex was smil till he heard the word broom. He looked shocked. 'No,no no. You're ok there. Look, there are all the quiddtich players there,'he said pointing to everyone else but him. He calmed down to his normal state before smiling. 'I'll race you on the ground,'he added.

"I'm on the team too. Seeker." Nina said smiling. "Sure." Nina said sarcasticaly, she wasn't a running, never have been.

'I'll run then and you can fly. You do know I was only joking back there, just to clarify you know,'he said smilign, hoping they did know he was joking. 'Congratulations by the way. I couldn't of possibly guessed since i see you play at the games,'he saisd sticking his tongue out at her. 'Rubbish player,'

"Silly Alex, for next year, because there is no quidditch this year." Nina said sticking her toungue out.

'Well, you have someone who looks like you playing up there then,'he said moddily, though he was just pretending. 'So, doesn't mean you're not still rubish. and how comes, the rest of you didn't fall coming through?'he asked curious.

"Ha ha ha, Alex very funny." Nina teased. "I don't know about the others but I almost did, I just am more skilled then you are." Nina stuck out her toungue and smiled widely.

Alex laughed. 'Ok, ok. We all know mostly everyone has better balance than me here,'he said mocking himself stupidly.

"Oh come on Alex, you know you are great." Nina said pushing him slightly. Nina immediatly turned a bright red and looked down to hide it from him.

Alex laughed slightly when she onjected and pushed him. He saw her look at the ground and followed her gaze. 'You better not have spotted a slug or soemthing,'he said lookign closer to the ground trying to decipher what there was apart from grass. 'You knwo, i think it was your imagination because there's only grass there,'he joked.

Nina laughed and looked back up and said, "Yupp just my imagination." Nina smiled and her eyes danced in the light.

Alex laughed and looked back up as well, rolling his eyes at her. 'Yep, your strange little mind is going crazy.'he said smiling and looking into her eyes. He smiled and stared a while longer befor elooking away, embarassed slightly. 'I'm hungry. I wonder when lunch is goign to be?'he said randomly.

Asher watched the exchange between Nina and Alex with a smile. "You both are crazy..." she teased. She was glad that Nina had decided to give her another chance at making a good impression. "I almost fell too...it hurt my knees." Asher smiled at Nina when she blushed after telling Alex he was great. She put her arms around Nina's shoulder to remind her that she was in exactly the same position with Noah. Except Nina probably had better chances. They do look cute together though...

"So...Nina do you want to go check out the tent really quick...I don't want to go in alone...Sakura and Isabella are already in there and I don't think Sakura wants to see me right now." she mumbled.

'Tent?'Alex asked looking confused. He turned round and saw three tents. Tents'he said noding his head enthusiastic. He turned round again. 'Have fun then fin ding room,'he said smiling.

Nina giggled and said, "When are you not? And I'm not so sure. Hey Asher." Nina said smiling. "Yeah sure." Nina replied. "Ermm Alex, I'll just be a sec, okay?" Nina asked, then left with Asher knowing the answer he was going to give.

"Thanks..." Asher muttered with a meek smile. She wasn't just thanking her for walking with her, she was thanking her for being there for her when she felt so vulnerable.

'Hey,' Alex protested, putting a fake frown on. 'Byebye then Don't try to be long,'he joked at the end before going over to the boys tent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back