Arianna's Day 2

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
((If you havn't, please read This before posting, so that you know what it's about!))

As Arianna entered the Gret Hall, she inhaled deeply. The delicous smell of toast and fruit wafted under her nose, and the not so nice smell of bacon. Arianna had been a vegetarian since she four years old, because of her love of animals. She walked slowly through the basically empty great hall, and over to the Hufflepuff table. There were only a couple of older half-asleep Hufflepuffs sitting there. Arianna sat down, feeling strangely bright and awake. She grabbed two pieces of toast, and spread a tiny bit of butter, and alot of vegemite on them both. Because she was super early, she took her time eating, pondering how her day was going to go. She would go to Charms after eating, then the rest of the day was free. She smiled as she chewed her toast.

Patricia was sitting in the Great Hall, wondering why the hell she was wide awake at 7:50AM. Why am I not asleep? she kept asking herself. It is a natural thing to be asleep at that time, but oh no I had to be up[/i] she scolded herself. Sipping on her hot chocolate she give a sigh and wondered if anyone else would be stupid enough to be up at this time to keep her company.

She glanced up and down the table, there was a few Hufflepuffs, but most of them looked like they should be in bed. Patricia noticed a girl walk into the Great Hall, she wasn't hard to miss as she seemed wide awake, like herself, and not too many people were entering the Great Hall at the time. She recognised the girl as a first year Hufflepuff, Arianna. She sat down not so far from Patricia so she give a shrug and decided to go talk to her, it's company after all she told herself.

"Morning Arianna." She said to th girl as she reached her. "You're quite the early bird I see." She added with a smile.

Arianna was starting on some pumpkin juice, when Patricia Rogers, an older girl she recognised from Hufflepuff came over to sit by her. "Hey" she said, smiling. She laughed, when asked why she was up this early. "I actually have no idea" she admitted "I'm feeling quite inspired today" she said, knowing how funny that must sound. "Plus, it probably helps that I'm usually an early bird anyway." she added, thinking of how annoyed she used to make her parents, by getting up at five o clok in the morning to play her guitare. She grinned at the memory.

Patricia took a seat beside the girl and reached for another slice of toast. "I just love those days, don't you?" She asked with a wide smile on her face, "I had one recently." She said ruffling her newly short hair. "So inspired to do anything interesting?" She added, not sure how to put it.

"An early bird eh?" She said as if examing Arianna, "I'm more of a night owl myself. I love pulling all nighters, comes in really handly around exam time, I'll tell you that much." She said with a friendly nudge and grin.

Arianna laughed. Even she had no idea why she was so happy today. "I suppose I'm just... I don't know, bubbly" she said rather lamely."Lucky you, I'm terrible!" she said. "Do you ever get a really random urge to dance?" she asked, voicing what she had been feeling ever since she had walked into the Great Hall. It was weird, like the dozy state of the room was making her want to get up on the table, and shake it, to wake the room up.

Patricia laughed along with Arianna, "Bubbly's good, bubbly will get you through the day." She said with an encouraging nod, "Don't lose it, you'll need it for classes." She said jokingly. Patricia shook her head, "Your ot terrible everyone is just different." I guess she said with a shrug.

Patricia took a bit of her toast and wished she hadn't, after hearing Arianna's comment she burst out laughing, spraying crumbs everywhere, "Are you serious?" She asked, wiping the crumbs away, "Sorry." She added in quickly. "I love random urges to dance, I get them quite often. Do you do dancing?" She asked.

((If I ever actually get to post in classes! =-/ ))

"Yeah, hopefully" Arianna said "I have Charms, which is my favourite subject, so that's good" she added.
She laughed as Patricia spat her toast all over the table. "I suppose the thought of me dancing is pretty amusing!" she said grinning. When she was asked if she had ever taken dance lessons, she nearly choked "They'd probably kick me out after five minutes. I'm terrible!" she said. Arianna was enjoying this conversation, it was a nice way to start off the day.

((It's still not working for you :o Hehe just did Astronomy. Need to DADA so badly =-/ ))

Patricia nodded in agreement, "Charms is a great subject. For example," She pulled out her wand and she pointed it at her robes, where there was still some crumbs, "Scourgify." she said with ease. She watched at the stream of blue liquid came out of the tip of the wand and cleaned her robes, "Ah good as new." She said happily. "I have herbology today, it should be interesting, we're growing Mandrakes." She said.

Patricia shook her head, "No I mean, I love range urges to dance. I'm sure you dance just fine. I swear I thought Cathy was going to kick me out in my first night, but," She stopped, "Well she almost did, but just because I was joking about too much." She said with a snigger. "She started it though." She said, fondly remembering the memory.

"That's cool" Arianna commented, as Patricia cleaned her robes with ease.
"Wow, Mandrakes, that sounds like fun!" she said, thinking of Herbology. She wasn't the greatest fan of the subjet, but growing Mandrakes did sound like fun.
Patricia started talking about her dancing experiences, but Arianna wasn't really following what she was saying, so she just laughed.

Patricia nodded, "Yeah, Charms is great for wee things like this. And Mandrakes, are heaps fun. I named mine Janna." She said happily. She took her records book out of her bag and showed her the drawing she made of her from the previous class. "She was only a toddler, but she should be in her next stage by now." She said, showing the picture to Arianna, like a parent sowing pitures of her children.

Patricia recognised Ariannas laugh, it was the I don't know what you're talking about so I'll just laugh laugh/ Patricia blushed and said, "Sorry, I tend to ramble a bit." Taking a deep breath she said, "Cathy, is my line dancing instructor and me and her carry on in class a lot." laughing. "Well, we used too. but with me been here all the time I don't get to go to class anymore. Just the last one or two before summer." She said downheartened, she missed line dancing so much. "But she always has a few discos throughout the summer, so it's a god way to catch up." She added.

Arianna looked at the pictures of Janna. "Aww, she's cute!" Arianna said, seeing the little brown screwed up face. "Is she really loud?" she asked, remembering what little she had read on Mandrakes. She looked at the drawing again. Thogh it was unmoving, she coud just imagine it opening it's mouth, and giving a piercing shriek. Arianna shook her head, and snapped herself out of it."Wow, you're a really good drawer. It seems so real!" she commented with a smile at Patricia.

She listened as Patricia explained about her dancing, and Arianna understood. "I know, you have to give up alot of your old life to come here" she said, remembering her pony, who was still standing, out of work in their paddock.

Patricia beamed at Ari, "Isn't she just?" She said trying to be very motherly. "Well in the second class we havd to replant them, even then the cry was rough, my earmuffs weren't on right so I got a bot dizzy, but the become quite affectionate. Just don't annoy them and they won't scream." She said.

Patricia blushed slightly, "Aw thanks. I was just bored and then I was sitting in my dorm room so I decided to color it in. It did turn out good didn't it?" She said, rather proud of herself.

Patricia nodded solmenly, "What did you have to give up?" She asked.

Arianna smiled at how proud Patricia was of her Mandrake, she could tell she would be a good mother. She grimaced at the thought of being a in greenhouse full of screaming Mandrakes, especially if your earmuffs weren't on right. "Ouch" she said.
"Yeah, it's great! Do you do much art?" she asked

"My pony. I mean, she's still at home, but she doesn't get any work, and I never see her, only in the holidays" she explained, feeling a little sad. She and her pony had had many great adventures bfore Arianna had come here. She had been very upset when she'd learnt that you couldn't bring horses to Hogwarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back