Ari and Viv's Excellent Adventure

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Alright, for those who haven't read This topic, Ari and Viv are going on an adventure. All around the world, but mostly based Europe. We advertised for people involved Here, and if you want to contribute, it's never too late to post!
So yeah, Ari and Viv will be travelling all over. :)
Any questions, PM or post in the above topic.

Arianna kissed her mother goodbye, giving her a reassuring smile
"Don't worry, mom" she said, for what felt like the hundreth time
"Viv's parents are very nice" she told her parents. They had been reluctant about letting her go to her best friend's house for the summer, since they'd never met her. Giving his daughter a last hug, Mark Tipley hefted her suitcase into their fireplace, ready to send it to the Esquire's by floo powder.
"Jeez, what have you got in here?" he asked his daughter, giving the bag a curious look.
"Girls need a lot of things" Ari said innocently.</COLOR></B>
...​
<B><COLOR color="#5a70b3">

Bursting out of Viv's fireplace, Ari coughed, looking around at the grand second story of her best friend's house. She remembered comng here last year. The house was just as pristine as ever. She got up, dusting the soot of herself.

Vivienne was lying on the couch, reading a book of poems, when she heard the noise of someone floo themselves into her house. She hoped it would be Arianna, but couldn't be sure, with her parents' many business associates always barging in. Before the Hufflepuff girl could get up, Svetlana hurried past, and into the next room, to investigate for herself. "Miss Tippily! Welcome!" the stout, middle-aged woman said, in her usual broken English. With a sweep of her wand, all the dust from the fireplace had vanished, and Arianna's bags were floating towards the corner of the room. "Come, Enne look forward to you," Svetlana said motherly, ushering the girl she hardly knew into the room in which Vivienne was waiting.

"Ari hey!" she said, spotting her best friend, and giving her a hug. Sure, they had spoken to each other just two days ago, but that was just how the pair always greeted each other. Poking her head into the other room, Vivienne spotted the massive bags that Arianna had brought with her. She then returned to face her, with an expression that said 'seriously?'. "Ari, how are you going to lug those around the world?" she giggled, picturing Arianna hauling those massive things behind her, while Vivienne skipped along with a practical backpack.

At the mention of lugging things around the world, Noah realised that Vivienne's guest had arrived. "Hey Arianna!" he smiled at the older girl in a friendly sort of way. The two were in the same band, in fact, so Noah thought of her as a 'bro' type mate. "Dang, I wish I could come with you guys.." he said, with a lot of hinting in his voice. However, he was really just joking, as he knew the two of them were doing this backpacking trip for some.. important chick reason. Find their 'Inner Biffle Souls' or something like that.. Anyway, Noah had his own plans, so he was cool with missing out on this one. "Send me a postcard, won't you guys? Oh, and Ari, we really need to schedule some practises or something for the new year, okay?" the lanky boy said with another smile, ruffling his smaller cousin's hair, and giving a wave to Arianna, before lying down on a couch.

Arianna smiled as a lady she recognised as Viv's housekeeper greeted her
"Thank you" she said politely, smiling at her. Hearing a familiar voice, Ari spun around, and laughed as her friend hugged her
"Viv!" she said, her customary greeting. She laughed, a little hysterically at Viv's comment
"Don't worry, I'm not taking all that!" she exclaimed. She had brought extra, so that Viv could help her decide on what to bring.

Ari had surprised herself a little bit, with her own laugh. Decieving her parents, and taking off around the world with her best friend wasn't what she normally did, and it was making her feel excited at her own rebellion.
"Hey Noah" Ari said easily, as Viv's cousin emerged. She knew him from the band, though not very well. Nodding vigorously at him, when he mentoned more practises she said eagerly
"Yeah, definetly!" Ari liked the easy going nature of Noah, and was glad to be in the same band as him.

Vivienne rolled her eyes at Noah's attempt to guilt them into letting him come on their trip. But she knew he was just kidding, so instead she ignored him. Vivienne laughed as she tried to dodge Noah's hair-ruffling, and waved him away. "Whatever man, see you after our trip!" she told him, not really bothering with big goodbyes, as they would be seeing each other in a few weeks anyway. Taking Arianna by the wrist, Vivienne began to lead her friend up the stairs. "Come on, let's get our things ready in my room," she said, looking back to see Svetlana flick her wand again. Arianna's suitcases again started floating along, this time following them up the stairs.

Arianna followed Viv eagerly up the stairs, glancing over her shoulder to watch her bags trail them.
"Wow" she breathed, when they entered her room. The blue and white was very inviting and bright, like the person who lived in it.
"Thank you" Ari called around the door, as her bags landed on Viv's floor.
"Now" she said, grabbing the top case
"The most important" she said
"My guitar" she said proudly, unzipping the bag, and pulling out her prized instrument.
"This goes wherever I go" she said firmly, her fingers playing a little tune

Vivienne walked into her large room and kicked her shoes off by the door. She usually put her things away meticulously as soon as she was done with them, but right now the young teenager wasn't really bothered. Sitting on her bed, she listened as Arianna explained her love for her guitar. Vivienne had a serious passion for music too, but more so for piano, voice, and other instruments, than for guitar. "Well, if you want to take that then so be it. But.. I'm going for a lighter alternative," she laughed, walking up and over to her dresser. Picking up a harmonica, Vivienne played a few seconds of a song she remembered from one of her favourite movies. "I know, not the coolest instrument.. but it'll be fun when we're on our trip," she smiled, putting it back down on her dresser before fixing her hair in the mirror.

Arianna smiled
"We'll be sitting around a campfire.... Playing music" she said dreamily, picturing them in a forset in front of a little tent, completely tuned out to the rest of the world. It sounded perfect to her. Suddenly remembering what was buried deep in her bag, she rummaged around, chucking clothes onto the floor, before finally extracting a little package
"I got you something" Ari said, seating herself on Viv's bed, and holding the package out to her. Inside the little bag, was a small chain, and various charms, all of which Ari had picked carefully. She waited patiently for her to open it, she that she ould explain each one, and their importance.

Vivienne grinned brightly as Arianna pulled out a gift for her. She was so lucky to have such a nice friend. "Oh Ari, you didn't have to get me anything! My birthday's not for months. Thank you, though, that's so lovely," she continued, as she walked over and sat herself beside Arianna. Taking the small appreciateively, Vivienne opened the present and gasped lightly. "Ari!! I love it. This is the cutest thing ever, thankyousomuuuch!!" she laughed happily, giving her best friend a big hug. Carefully, she hooked the charm bracelet around her left wrist, careful not to break it or damage it or dirty it in any way. "What do they all mean?" Vivienne asked. She did get most of them, but a couple were more confusing, such as the O. What significance did the letter O hold?

After admiring it for a few seconds, and saying 'thank you' at least twice more, Vivienne remembered something that was on her nightstand. "Ah! I just remembered! I was in town the other day, and I saw these cute necklaces that reminded me of us! You know the saying 'they go together like peanut butter and jelly'?" she giggled, handing a small box over to Arianna. Inside were two necklaces. "Take one of them for yourself, and I'll wear the other.. like peanut butter and jelly!" Vivienne repeated for no reason, making herself giggle a little more. She thought the idea was rather clever, although she still liked Arianna's gift more.

"It's not for your birthday, silly" Ari said, smiling when Viv seemed pleased
"It's for... Our friendship" she said, feeling proud of her choice of words. Leaning over to look at each charm, she pointed to them in turn
"Right, well the 'V' is rather obvious" she said, rolling her eyes
"The guitar is my symbol" she said, smiling at her friend
"The squirrel... Is hard to explain. It sort of signifies camping, because it lurks in the woods and stuff" Ari said, trying to explain
"And the Eiffel tower... That's the connection to the Muggle world, and also, symbolises this trip that we're going on" she continued
"The horse shoe is for luck... And the converse is a sign of rebellion, in a way, to show how we're just taking off around the world" Ari told her. That one was also hard to explain.

"The black swirly thing... doesn't represent anything, I just thought t looked pretty" Ari said, grinning. She had deliberately left the 'O' until last. She wasn't quite sure how her friend would react to that one
"Now the 'O'..." she said slowly
"Is for Oliver" she finished, smiling cheekily at Viv. Putting her hands up in defense, she said quickly
"It was only because I could get two letters for the price of one" she explained, hoping she wouldn't wack her.

"You didn't have to..." Ari began to say... before she trailed off at the sight of the necklaces
"Wow" she whispered, picking the peanut butter carefully out of the box and holding it up
"Are you serious?" she said
"They're so perfect" she said, smiling, and returning Viv's hug. What an ingenious thought, peanut butter and jelly. Looking at her inquisitively, she asked
"Which do you want?" Ari personally had gotten attatched to the peanut butter, but didn't mind if Viv liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back