Closed Aren't you on the wrong continent?

Apollo Vasilakis

kaikōura kea beater • oldest • estranged

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
14" Cypress Wand with Graphorn Horn Core
Apollo Vasilakis finished up practice with a good run, so he showered and made sure that he did not smell like sweat. He dressed in his normal, civilian clothing so he was actually decent looking. He wondered if he needed to re-dye his hair since it was looking a little faded. He walked out of the stadium and had the bag over his shoulder. He started to head into an area with plenty of apartments. These looked rather nice, so maybe he could find a studio or a one-bedroom there? He wasn’t sure and didn’t know who would live in this area. Though, maybe that was the point. He did just need a place to live though. Hotels were just not cutting it anymore. He couldn’t have things for his siblings if they wanted to visit. Maybe a two-bedroom then. Or three? Apollo did not have enough time to really think about it when he looked over to the side to see someone that he recognized from one of the other professional teams. Apollo could not help but stare. Which team was that?

Linnux was out enjoying himself a little while his wife was busy working. He had some time to kill before he needed to be back into his own country for practice and decided to revisit memory lane here in New Zealand. He used to visit quite a bit when he cousin was in school after all. He had just filled up on some greasy food he shouldn't have been eating and was walking through a neighborhood to burn some of it off when he felt eyes burning a hole in him. He wasn't super famous so he didn't think it was a fan - maybe family? He turned to see a guy he vaguely recognized, the colored hair giving the familiar vibe. He looked at the guy. "You... play right?" He asked, now crossing to stand near him. "You look familiar so either you've been to my games or I've had my a** kicked by you on the playing field."

Apollo hated being rude but he was staring at a man while he was walking because he thought that he was familiar. Apollo had played for a while now, and thought that faces would have been easier to remember - but it was not the case unless it was with people on the same team. Apollo cocked his head to the side as the man came over and asked if he he played, and either he had been to the games or had his a** handed to him. Ah, Quidditch, so Apollo was right! Apollo chuckled, painting on a good, brave face, "Probably the latter. I’m a beater for the Kaikoura Kea’s. But you aren’t on the Thunderers or Warriors. What team do you play for?" Apollo could barely remember all of the teams but he knew the local ones. This guy wasn’t on those for sure. "I’m Apollo Vasilakis." Might as well introduce himself since they were likely from different continents when it came down to Quidditch - even though his Greek accent still lingered.

When the man replied it was probably the latter Linnux laughed. It seemed he had a lot of confidence. "Hey, it's not too hard to do, just try and go easy on me in front of my wife." He joked. "Can't let her know how out of my league she is by seeing me get my rear handed to me on the field." He laughed and held his had out to shake the man's hand. "I'm Linnux Majors, Chaser for the Ballycastle Bats. I also played on the Hogwarts Scotland team all through school." He said, unaware that they may have been in school at the same time. After all, the man in front of him had a nice beard, and was clearly a little more rugged than Linnux - so he must have been older. "What are you doing in this neck of the woods?" He aske curiously.

Apollo could not help but smile and laugh around this guy. He had that energy about him that made his worries wash away. Hell, he even forgot what he was doing here to begin with. "I can't guarantee that. I don't even take it easy on my teammates when we practice." Apollo chuckled, though he wondered what it was like to be married. He just had not found the one that he could... Well, open up to, to put it lightly. Linnux told him that he was a chaser for the Ballycastle Bats, and then said that he played on the Hogwarts Scotland team. This made Apollo cover his mouth as he laughed. Small world, honestly. "I played on the Slytherin Quidditch team in Scotland when I went there. I joined the team when I was a second year. Class of 2051." Apollo did block a lot of his school memories out because they weren't exactly rainbows and unicorns. "If you are a chaser for the Bats, I should be asking you that question. I'm just house-hunting, so I am scoping the neighborhood."

Linnux laughed. "Fair enough, what kind of player would you be if you did huh?" He said, clearly not actually minding if things weren't taken easy on him. After all what kind of player would he be if he let someone take it easy on him knowingly? Where was the challenge in that? As he talked Linnux raised his brows. "No joke, we had to have been on the team together, I graduated in '38" He said, stunned that they probably knew each other. "You couldn't have been a Gryffindor though, I would have definitely recognized you." He remarked, he had known a fair few of his classmates. "Ah I'm here for family. My youngest cousin lives on the islands. She just recently got married and had a kid so I was revisiting some memories while visiting her." He said. "House sitting though? Need to make some extra case on your salary?" He joked.

Apollo chuckled with Linnux's joke. Why was it so easy to laugh and such? Must be the type of person this guy was, so Apollo would not mind hanging around him, even if it were temporary. When he was in his bad state of mind, he often talked to his other friend, and he helped out a lot - even if the words were somewhat violent. It seemed like the two went to school together, but he was a little bit older. And then the mention of him not being in Gryffindor made his smile falter. Yeah, if only he were, then he would have never went through what he did. "No, no Gryffindor. I was a Slytherin. I was on their team." Apollo really did not want to remember that, so he blocked most of those memories out, if he could help it. This guy was visiting for relatives, so he could understand that to an extent. "That makes sense. Congrats on becoming an uncle." Apollo chuckled and shook his head. "Not house sitting. More like house shopping. I want to buy one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back