Status
Not open for further replies.

Avrille Grinaes

OOC First Name
Alexis.
Wand
10¾" Vine Wood, core of Veela Hair
Are You There God It's Me Avrill?

<r><FONT font="Verdana"><s></s><COLOR color="#000"><s></s><SIZE size="50"><s></s> Avrillé was not the type of girl to attend these festivities. Normally, she detested these things and would refuse to attend them, and this Yuletide Dance was no different. The only thing that brought the Ravenclaw out was the knowledge that she <I><s></s>had <e></e></I>to stay until the next day when she could go home to Chavdar and her Mamma and the promise of food. She only wanted to have her dinner and leave but of course; her sister had sent her a dress. The dress was not one that she would like; in fact it covered her and was black. The dress, while was not nearly as black as her hair, did somewhat match. She was sure her sister would be primping her endlessly but Avrillé simply slicked her hair into a pony tail and put a dark red lip stain.<br/>
<br/>
The Ravenclaw enjoyed that she looked as demonic as she did but after her dinner was over and the dancing began the tiny powerhouse flickered her dark green eyes around the Great Hall. She went to leave but as she went to the door, the older students blocked her way and she was unable to get out. Avrillé groaned and swore under her breath in her mother tongue of Russian. Giving up, she turned around on her heals, and rather ungracefully made her way through the crowds. She was quite unskilled at walking in heals and that was exactly what the thirteen year old was attempting at the moment. Why? She had no idea.<br/>
<br/>
Avrillé found a table and she sat down on her own, fiddling with an unused fork and drawing small symbols onto the table cloth out of pure boredom that she would do anything to get rid of.<br/>
<br/>
<URL url="http://www.fashionrat.com/images/christina-ricci-vamp1.jpg"><s></s><COLOR color="#000"><s></s>Dress.<e></e></COLOR><e></e></URL><e>
</e></SIZE><e>
</e></COLOR><e>
</e></FONT></r>

Isaac didn't know why he bothered to come to such school events, they were always such a bore and definitely misleading. The way the student body gushed about them nonstop for the past coming weeks you'd think it was a huge end-of-the-world can't miss party but they never were. Just a dance in an elegant ballroom that was just their average everyday Great Hall where they ate.

Isaac was used to black tie events, since his parents and other family members used to constantly throw these types of parties back home in London, so he was already used to dressing up. He'd put on his penguin suit and headed out to the Great Hall, mostly to keep an eye on his sisters and tell his mother that he did go and not have to hear about how he was 'missing out' on his youth or something like that. His mother always worried that his interest in his father and grandfather's line of work would make him miss out on 'kid' stuff that he should be experiencing.

After walking around the Hall aimlessly, Isaac made his way back to his table, weaving his way through the crowds. He paused when he saw an unfamiliar face sitting at the table already, drawing it seemed, with the edge of a fork. Isaac shrugged his shoulders lightly and took a seat beside her anyway, it was his table first after all. "You look like you're having the time of your life," he commented with dry humor. He was that bored to be talking to someone he didn't know.

Avrillé looked up, searching for the speaker’s voice, and answered just as dryly as the boy had spoken, “Very much so. I look forward to breaking my ankle from my shoes and having a head ache that won’t quit.” She nearly mockingly applauded him for being so observant but decided she had better not. She, after all, wanted a way out of her boredom, perhaps a conversation with this bloke would help her, besides at this time she would talk to anyone.

"Avrillé Grinaes," she introduced as her dark green orbs examined him, deciding if he was worth her time should this be a normal day or not. "I expect that you are not going to ask me to dance or act like the rest of the boys our age," by that, she meant inappropriately horny boys that hit on any girl that seemed dumb enough to accept it as a compliment. This Ravenclaw was not one of those girls and she prided herself as such.

Isaac raised an eyebrow when the girl said she was looking forward to breaking her ankle in the shoes she was wearing. It wasn't because he believed her, he knew it was clearly sarcasm, it was just that it had never crossed his mind that someone could actually break their ankle because of some shoes. "Then why are you wearing them?" he asked with a tone that suggested he thought she was an idiot for doing so if she knew they were going to hurt.

"Isaac Chambers," he introduced himself with a small nod, after she had introduced herself. He shook his head no when she stated that she expected he wasn't going to ask her to dance. "And risk being the cause of your ankle injury? No thanks," he said in an attempt at humor. "Besides, you don't seem the type to want to dance, so why bother asking?" he pointed out.

"Then why are you wearing them?" Avrillé looked down at her shoes that were not nearly as bad as some of the others she had seen other girls parade themselves in on a daily basis but she had never walked in them before and did not know how to. "My sister threatened to make me move in with her if I did not," she answered flatly, letting it go unnoticed that she had spoken the word sister in her mother tongue as she naturally spoke when it was of a subject that was close to her real family, not that she spoke of them often.

"Good," Avrillé applauded fakely at Isaac Chambers' keen observation. "And you will also guess, Isaac Chambers, that I am not the type of girl to waste her time on unintelligible conversation, if you promise such things, you may leave now," she added, looking up into the boys eyes darkly, before flashing him a fake smile that could trick anyone... well anyone that had not just seen the soulless gaze in her green orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back