Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Rowan Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
When Eleanor first signed up to send roses she thought it would be easy. After all, it was only handing over a simple present to people. But unfortunately, it was hard to find anyone, especially considering the Hufflepuff knew no one on her list. As Eleanor sat at the Hufflepuff table eating breakfast with her basket of roses next to her, she watched as the other people delivering roses began to stand up and call for people. Ellie wanted to have a go at that too. She stood up picked one of the roses sitting on top before reading the name out. "Norton... Geel-es... pie? Pie!" Eleanor exclaimed, delighted that someone managed to have 'pie' in their last name. She wondered what type of pie they were named after, or if their family were named after a pie at all, as she looked around to see who the name belonged to.

Norton had been continuing to eat, the excitement within him growing with every moment. He was just so happy. There was no other way of describing how he currently felt. He felt amazing, the smile that had first graced his features in the morning felt like it could never fade. He was excitedly eating the food in front of him, enjoying the feel of the flower behind his ear, his day could not get any better in his mind, he had already gotten one rose, and that was more than he had ever thought he might get. This wasn't the best birthday ever, but it was still early in the day and it was definitely almost the best birthday! His excitement seemed to come off him in waves, and he was surprised when he heard someone calling out his first name and what was clearly an attempt at his second, "Do you me Gillespie? Cause that's me!" and rather than the "pie" that the girl had gone for way more of a "spay" sound. However, even when he repeated his surname for her, there was no malice, or condescending hints, he was just very obviously exceedingly excited, and exceedingly happy.

The boy had already received a rose before and he seemed very excited to be getting another one. Unfortunately, his name didn't have 'pie' in and was just spelled that way. Ellie eagerly showed him the bright yellow rose nonetheless and smiled, hoping he would enjoy the kind message from his friend. "Do you like it!?" she asked excitedly, before he was even able to finish reading it.
Dear Norton,

As soon as I heard there would be rose deliveries this year, I knew I must send you one! You're always so bright and cheerful, and the most wonderful friend a person could possibly have. If I've managed to make you smile even just a fraction of the amount you make me do so, I'll count it as a success. I hope your day is wonderful!

Love,
Jess

Norton couldn't really believe that he was getting a second rose! He couldn't, this was too amazing in his mind. Too incredible! The boy took the yellow rose and added it to his other roses, he then also took the note from the girl and excitedly began to read it, he was surprised it was from Jess! Happy it was from her, he hadn't sent one to her, which he realised now was a mistake, he'd been too caught up being sure that he sent one to his sister that he'd forgotten about Jess. Nortie felt warmed by the letter, smiling brightly at it, and knowing that Jess could certainly make him smile if she tried. It could certainly happen! He was so touched by it, he wished to go find her and give Jess the biggest hug that he could in thanks. The boy looked back up at the girl, smiling as brightly as he was just so happy about it, "Thank you!" he told her with a smile, "I LOVE IT," he added in response to what she had asked, "Everything about these roses is amazing, the rose are beautiful, the notes are lovely, and I love spreading the love and joy on my birthday! It's just the best!"

Norton was over the moon with his rose and Ellie couldn't have been happier to have the privilege of giving it to him. "You're welcome!" she replied, jumping on the spot. Ellie couldn't help but be excited too as giving roses seemed much more fun than receiving them. "Yeah, roses are one of my favourite flowers. They're just so pretty!" Eleanor beamed. "Is it your birthday? Happy Birthday! I can't imagine how great that must feel to share your birthday with love."

Norton's own enthusiam only grew as the girl in front of him seemed to be as happy. He loved the rose, and he loved the note that had come along with it, it had been a sweet note from one of his friends. The hufflepuff nodded along with what she was saying, "THEY ARE!" he said in agreement, "I love seeing the flowers in the gardens," Norton agreed excitedly, before once again nodding his head, "YEAH! It's great! I was able to hand out my roses already and it was amazing!" The boy couldn't help his so clear excitement, so happy with all that had happened so far in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back