Irene Finch

Head of the Dept of Magical Transportation

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Spruce Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Irene Finch stood in the front of the room, her ministry robes neatly pressed and hair in a perfect bun, waiting for the students to arrive in the Great Hall. Before the end of the lesson, she hoped that all of the students would succeed in apparating directly to their target, especially since this would be the last practice they would have before the exam took place at the end of the semester. Some of them had a lot of work to do.

Gesturing for the students to gather close, Irene addressed the small group of sixth years. "Today, we will resume practicing" she began, her icy blue eyes staring at the students as she spoke. "I am hopeful that those of you who weren't able to apparate last week will do so this week. The next time we meet will be your exam and you will only get one shot to succeed or fail. Your test will require you to be accurate when you apparate, so today, I'd like everyone to line up beside me."

It didn't take them long to queue beside her. "Alright...I'd like you all to attempt apparating from this end of the Great Hall to that end" she said, pointing towards the doors of the Great Hall.

"The X marks the spot" she added, knowing that if they really looked over to the other end, they would notice an X etched onto the floor with magic. Glancing at all the students beside her, she hoped there would be no splinchings today. "You can begin whenever you're ready" she said to the student who was first in line.
You can practice attempting to apparate one by one.

Kimmara had spoken out about her fears of aparating with Mitch recently, and worried that even with the weight off her shoulders she may not be able to pass. Today was especially strenuous for the model, as the teacher asked them to line up, and made it clear that they'd be going one by one. Until Kimmara had decided to move, she'd become unaware of her adjacent position to the professor - once she turned though she realized she had unwittingly become the start of the line. Kimmy gulped audibly, and turned back toward the X that the professor referred to. sh!t Kimmara swore inwardly. This was going to be either a horrible day or a fun day.

Kimmara stared at the X with shaking palms. In her mind she repeated the three D's - though stuttered through them even in her thoughts. A few minutes passed, then a few more, before Kimmara shook her head and moved to the back of the line quietly. She couldn't do it - she couldn't be first. With a little more bravery maybe, but she needed the Wizard to give her Courage before that could happen. And so, at the back of the line she stood, moving forward person by person, eyes closed when standing still trying to picture herself arriving at the X. Her turn came again, and Kimmara opened crystalline eyes to lock them on that magically etched symbol. I can do this. She thought. "I can do this." Kimmy whispered aloud. Then with eyes closed, Kimmy propelled herself forward a few feet. This was far from reaching the X, but the blonde could care less, and so she walked out feeling rather triumphant.

Dominique approached the class with a sense of confidence. She felt prepared for anything the class should throw, seeing as she had managed to apparate into the hoop last lesson. Her stomach was in excited knots just remembering how well she felt that the class went. She had apparated, even if it was just a little step, it was good enough for her. She spent the entire night gushing to Victoria about her triumph, and getting excited whilst thinking about when she would graduate and be able to apparate without having to go to a special room to do it. She grinned at the Hufflepuff girl in her year, and her fingers gently grazed the clip in her hair after a quick greeting. "Your hair is beautiful!" she whispered excitedly, before wandering off to give more attention to the smartly dressed Ministry woman.

She grinned at the woman as she spoke, and looked at the other side of them room. That was... quite a distance, actually. This was their last chance to practise, if she remembered correctly, so she was determined to get there - or at least get close. Or at least move a smidge without leaving any parts of her behind. She rubbed her hands together as a way to deal with the slight nerves growing in the pit of her stomach as Kimmara, the Hufflepuff, went before her. She frowned slightly as she seemed done with her part, and tried to catch her attention afterwards. She tugged her close. "Come on, don't walk away without giving another shot, please?" She clutched her hands, trying to get her motivated. Getting Kimmara motivated was almost like getting herself motivated. Was that selfish? Nah. "You are fierce, Kimmara, come on, please?" She jumped slightly, ignoring any noises of displeasure that may or may not be coming from her classmates. "Come on, just one more go, then I'll go. Yeah?" She nodded with understanding at Kimmara's reasoning. "Okay, everyone else can go. But I'll be hanging around to make sure you go again - hey, if I fail, we can both go again!"

Dominique tapped Kimmara's hip gently as way of saying goodbye, and retook her position. After what seemed like an hours worth of concentration (when in reality it was but a few moments), and when her eyes opened once more, she was a few feet from where she had intended to be. That wasn't too bad, but it wasn't perfect. She looked back over her shoulder at Kimmara, and gave her a thumbs up before calling out. "Hop back in the line, Love, and keep one for me too!" They were going again!

Perseas stepped into the Great Hall oozing confidence of the last apparition class's outcome. Last time he succeeded in apparating within the hoop which was only a few feet away from his starting point and he felt like he could easily cover more distance. Perseas noticed the large X on the floor as he stepped on it to walk through the empty hall. It looked much more spacious without the four tables and his footsteps were actually echoing while he reached the hall's other end where the ministry woman along with a few of his classmates were already there. The instructor confirmed his initial suspicion. Their job was to apparate on that X. It was a significant change from last time but the Gryffindor, sixth year was ready to do it.

They formed a queue while they were going to apparate one by one. He got third in that queue with two girls, a Hufflepuff and a Gryffindor before him. When it was his turn, he closed his eyes for a bit and took a deep breath while having in his mind his destination. Then he felt every cell of his body being pressed very hard from every direction. He disappeared with a smirk on his face, everything went black for a split of a second and when he reappeared, he looked down to see that he was standing on the large, red X. He grinned to himself and rushed back at the end of the queue, eager to try again. He crossed his arms on his chest as he waited behind the Gryffindor and the Hufflepuff girls. The fellow Gryffindor was trying to persuade her friend to apparate again, insisting on another attempt. Perseas started growing impatient and rolled his pale, grey eyes but the smirking on his face showed that he was mostly amused. "Come on already! It's not alchemy. There are more people waiting." he gestured at the queue behind them growing longer as more students were having a first successful try. Eventually, the two girls proceeded and apparated again. He had the chance to try four times in total before the ministry woman dismissed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back