OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
12 Inch Whippy Holly Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Sawyer wasn't sure he regretted anything more than he did running away from Ivy at the Valentine's dance. He'd since spent the last several months trying to dig up the courage to talk to Ivy again about it, going so far as to even write her note he'd been too chicken to give her in class too. Spin the bottle had felt like the final straw, and Sawyer couldn't bare to sit in a room with her any more without making himself say something.

Crumpling up the note he'd written, Sawyer figured he'd gotten into this mess on instincts so he'd have to get out of it the same way too. It was almost definitely a stupid attitude to have, but clearly planning ahead had gotten him no where in the past few months. "Uh. Hey Ivy. Got a minute to talk? If you're not busy. I can come back later I mean. If you are. Busy," he said, realizing his feet had carried him over to where Ivy was in the Library already before his brain had had a moment to come up with a good opener. This was going to go great. Sawyer could tell.

Ivy tended to spend most of her days at the library, especially in these last weeks before the exams. She knew she couldn't disappoint her dad, he would be upset with her. Especially if he knew she had been experimenting with the make-up her mother had packed her as well, though she wasn't going to tell him. While she was looking forward to the break, she dreaded returning to the silent war that seemed to be waging between her parents. But it would be nice to have no homework for a bit, though her father would make her prepare for her fourth year.

She was trying to focus on her book when she heard someone approaching her. She looked up and blinked in surprise at the sight of Sawyer, who hadn't spoken to her in months. She frowned immediately, remembering how he had run away from her at the Valentine's Dance. But as he asked her if she could talk, she couldn't help but wonder if it was about that. She had been hurt and confused by the way he had been avoiding her, and she did want to know why. She hesitated for a moment, then shrugged. "Fine, a minute." She said, gesturing to the chair on the other side of the table.

Last edited:
"Right. One minute. Cool, cool," Sawyer said when Ivy agreed to give him a minute, dropping down into the seat across from her and trying not to sweat. Did he tell her the truth? It felt wrong to lie to her after avoiding her for half the semester, but at the same time the mere idea of even suggesting he tell one of the smartest, prettiest girls in their year that he liked her made Sawyer want to jump into the lake. "I uh. I'm sorry, I guess. I've been kinda distant lately- If you've uh. Noticed. I just. School and stuff right? And you're so smart, I was feeling intimidated," he said in a rush. It was a half truth. Ivy did intimidate him. But Sawyer had long ago given up on his grades. He was passing. That was enough. "I get if you never want to hang out with me and stuff again but uhm. If you still need like. A study assistant. Offer's still on the table?" Sawyer felt terrible lying to Ivy, but it was better than avoiding her forever. Or telling her that he liked her.

Even though she was frustrated with Sawyer, Ivy found herself trying to fight a smile. He was just so... weirdly charming. She couldn't help liking him even now. She kept her face neutral, though, looking at him evenly as he started to speak. He told her he was feeling intimidated because she was so smart, which somehow... made her feel a little sad. "Is that really why you ran away from me at the dance?" She asked hesitantly. "Because I'm... smart?" She scrunched up her nose for a moment. "That's silly." She said, considering it for a moment. "You're literally in Ravenclaw, not only does that mean you're smart yourself but you're also surrounded by smart people every day." She pointed out.

Sawyer grimaced at Ivy's assessment, nodding glumly. "It's- Yeah. I'm an idiot, I know," he said, offering Ivy a sheepish half-smile. "If being in Ravenclaw has taught me anything, it's how very dumb I am," Sawyer said earnestly. Ivy had given him a window to be honest, but he'd just doubled down now. If she thought him running cause she was too smart was stupid, he'd be laughed out of the room for admitting he ran cause he thought she was pretty. It was better if Sawyer just took his lumps and hope Ivy would let him back into her good graces after awhile. He could live with that.

Ivy wasn't completely sure if she should believe Sawyer's reasoning, it sounded... strange to her. But then again, she had always been called smart. She knew she could be overbearing in her attempts to prove just how smart she was. She took a deep breath. "Fine. But you'll have to make it up to me by being the best study assistant." She said with a slight smile.

Sawyer sat uncomfortably as Ivy seemed to mull it over, grinning in relief when she accepted his apology. Or just agreed he was an idiot. Same thing really. "Great, yes. Totally. Best assistant ever. I'll carry your books, I'll refill your ink wells, whatever you need," he said in a rush, grinning with relief even though he was sure he was coming on too strong. If it meant he could go back to being a huge dork around Ivy rather than hiding from her all year, he'd take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back