Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
((Hey everyone, Sophia Stark is not able to be on HNZ for the majority of the summer break so we sadly aren't able to rp what we wanted to do. However, we have decided together that I should post summaries as to what happened, as the summer's events were rather crucial to our plot.

I'm going to be posting this installment by installment, so I hope whoever is reading this has fun reading. It stinks that we can't do the rp, but at least we can keep up with what is happening!

Thanks,
Estrella))

Installment One: Finding Something Unexpected

As per usual, Estrella and Sophia were, against their own will or not, required to return to the Herrogard, Valcan Drage’s place of residence. Both still do not know entirely of Valcan’s involvement in the Death Eaters, although Sophia has not been afraid to voice her suspicions. Estrella, still getting used to the idea of belonging to a wizarding family, is turning a blind eye and does not want to believe it, needing to trust in her Grandfather.

This summer was very different then the last, as Valcan began to teach his great niece and granddaughter to hone their abilities in a rather strict form of training, something that both Estrella and Sophia hated yet were interested to learn more. This training left both of them worn out and became excessively more strenuous with each session.

On another rather uninteresting day at the Herrogard, as Valcan left to work for the Norwegian Ministry, Sophia began to poke about in the library, ever intrigued by the family history. Having nothing else to do, she began to flip through books, trying to find something interesting. A scrawled note in green ink in one of the books authored by an ancestor caught Sophia’s eye, suddenly appearing on the page as she looked at it. The note directed her to search behind the painting of Brunhild of Iceland in the main hallway. Sophia commenced to do just that, and upon prying behind the frame of the painting it swung open as if it were a door, revealing a tiny room that suddenly became illuminated. Various objects litter shelves on the walls, though there are a table and chair in the center. The room, having been untouched for such a long period of time, was coated with a layer of dust and the air was rather thick, making it difficult to breathe.

Despite the unfavorable conditions the room presented, Sophia’s eye was caught by a rather thin volume on the table, which revealed itself to be the journal of Erik Ragnar Drage, an ancestor, and dated back to the early 1700s. Bringing the book back to her room, Sophia cracked open the book and began to read.

Installment Two: Erik's Journal

The 30th of January, Year 1756

I can only go by my highest assumption that you, reader, are in a rather troubling predicament. Whether you be the Master of the Herrogard or a desperate descendant, I bequeath my most troubling of knowledges and only hope that you shall make the best decision with what you have been presented.

My time is running short, my life measured in no definite period as of now. I could be gone in mere days, or long years- But no matter. Time is of the essence.

From the information I have gathered over the years, the issue of so-called “blood traits” is in actuality tied to something inanimate, and makes only a small connection the blood. Thus, it is a connection to be severed in times of dire need.

Even now I can see that troubling times lay forth; for the pyrokinetic lays immediate danger and despair if control is not found, and for the knall a great emotional disturbance that often will cause insanity. Death and destruction are tied to these abilities, and sooner or later one or more with one of these gifts will go too far. By again an assumption, dear reader, you are facing such a dilemma at the moment.

I shall warn you, reversing the effects of your actions with the knowledge I bequeath to you shall be ultimately irreversible; I advise you to use your best judgment in the situation; if it is for the greater good, and not for your sole purposes, then you must proceed.

I have become increasingly tired upon writing, I shall resume my entry when I next can.

The 3rd of February, 1756

From various years of study I have acquired much information upon the family of Drage, beyond the time when the name did not even exist. As expressed in more public works the name was derived from the beast of that very name that made their home on this isolated island. Now they are few and scattered, and I have high doubts that in your time there will be any at all. With the expansion of muggles the family and the beasts themselves have become secluded on the island; various protections have been placed on it so as not to attract visitors, or any other soul, for that matter.

Again, I am straying to topics which are not of much relevance to which this entry is dedicated to, so I will draw you back to the main point.

33l30aq-1.jpg

Upon once theory and for what I now believe to be fact I tell you that the abilities of that of the knall and pyrokinetic are not simply tied to the blood; they are tied to the very object that I have drawn in this entry for you.

As my father gave it to me when I came of age again I will be handing it to my son upon my deathbed; for without this ring touching the flesh of a male Drage the abilities will not continue to work. I have tested this, first taking it off and attempting to use my own ability. It seemed as if the flow to use it had been cut short. Next, I handed it to my young daughter, Kalte. Still, I could not permit this odd magic to burst forth. In turn, I handed it to my son, Aren; and all of a sudden, I was able to use my ability again.

As to the origins of the abilities I cannot pinpoint an exact member of the family down the line, but I can only suppose that the individual who was given this ring and had the abilities somehow fused in his blood, or cursed, as I would like to say, was male. The neglect to wear the ring in all probability is the cause for the suppression of abilities in certain individuals down the line; I was not wearing the ring during my son’s birth, and as a result, neither ability was able to activate them. But as I am sure that this ring is indeed the source of the abilities, I am sure that Aren still carries the genes within him, and that his own children will have abilities if he is responsible about wearing it.

In direst need, this ring may be destroyed not by magic, but by a potion. The recipe is in a book I was fortunate enough to add onto of brews created in the Drage family over the years- It is a rather large thing, and I can suppose that in your time, descendant, it shall be much larger. I can only hope that this knowledge I have given you is put to the right and most assured use and that you, reader, know in your heart what you are capable of. Your decision may lead you to a great peace or ruin; with your decisions balancing on the razor’s edge.

With much sincerity,

Erik Ragnar Drage

Installment Three: Running into the Past

Upon finding out that there was a way to remove the abilities, Sophia showed the journal to Estrella and told her about the small room behind the painting. Both agreed that they should destroy the ring, Sophia setting off to brew the potion and later scouted out the men of the Herrogard with Estrella, finding it to be neither on Valcan, Sammael or Lief on their respective visits. They knew that they had to keep their eyes peeled, for there were a few more male members of the Drage family left to search.

Disrupting a conversation that Sophia and Estrella were having about how they should go about business next, Shane, Sophia’s long lost brother, and Tristan show up while everyone else is at work, the elder of the two having fulfilled a promise to Shane and wishing to keep his nephew out of harm’s way.

Sophia was joyously reunited with Shane, despite the fact that she needed to keep the knowledge of her brother a secret. Estrella commenced a rather short conversation with Tristan, her attention wandering to his hand; where lo and behold, there was a ring, very much resembling the one in the book.

Becoming overly excited, Estrella feigned queasiness and moved to tell Sophia to have a look at the object quietly, next strolling over to the nearby window so to act as if she were catching a breath of fresh air.

Sophia was able to get a good look at the ring, and after the two men had to grudgingly leave, she and Estrella both decide that Tristan’s ring is indeed, definitely the object they have been looking for, and they begin to hatch a scheme that will work in their favor.

Installment Four: Challenging a Thousand Years

After waiting a week or so to se their plan into action, Estrella and Sophia planned a day so that Valcan nor anyone else would be around, the former of the two sending a letter to her father with a fake plea about needing help. After getting into a conversation with the concerned man and acting as if she were being treated horribly Estrella managed to coax the ring from her father, tossing it to Sophia before he could say anyone else.

33l30aq.jpg

Shane, who had been hiding behind a bookcase in the library, managed to subdue the shocked and enraged Tristan. Wasting no time Sophia poured the entire vial of potion on the ring in her hand, the jewel in the center disintegrating with a hiss and fuming smoke. No longer set with the black jewel, the ring clattered to the floor, a skeleton of the beautiful thing it had once been.

A silence set over the group as it seemed a sudden force was leaving their bodies. It seemed as if a burden had been taken off not just their shoulders but the entirety of their bodies. What had plagued the family for over a thousand years was now destroyed.

This sense of peace was not to last for long, however, the sound of apparition reaching the ears of the motley group. Shane felt it was time to leave, as he knew it was dangerous to be in the Herrogard. Dissaparating, he was seen by none other than Sammael Stark, his hated father, barging through the library door. The man was set in an obvious rage upon seeing his banished son, but Shane had left too quickly for him to catch him.

Valcan followed in soon after, demanding an explanation. He knew that his ability was finally broken, along with everyone else along the family line now and for eternity. Not wishing to be involved in the situation anymore Tristan Disapparated after Shane, not sure whether to be relieved or irritated and leaving both girls to their fates.

Unable to get anything substantial out of the two girls Valcan informed them that he had changed his mind and they would not have winter break free, but not wanting to be too harsh, as he still had to be in good standing. Both returned to their rooms, not failing to notice that the eye color of all those who had previously been pyrokinetics had changed from the intense gold to more subtle browns and blues. Estrella felt in addition as if a dark cloud had dissipated from her, wondering avidly if the accursed abilities could be attributed to her intense mood swings as of late. Having snatched the ring from the floor long beforehand and placing it in her pocket, she kept the now rather worthless thing as a reminder of the solemn victory she and Sophia had claimed that summer.

Installment Five: Breaking Ties

Towards the end of the summer, when the prospect of another school year was just around the corner, a rather unfortunate occurence plagued both the bloodlines of Stark and Drage, even though they had lost their accursed abilities. The rest of the girls' summer had remained quite uneventful, both quite happy for Valcan's cold refusal to engage in any real conversation with them.

Unable to give the news to Sophia in person due to a rather violent and highlighting confrontation with his father Tristan was forced to reveal to Sophia and Shane by letter that both of their parents were dead, Sammael having murdered Morgase and in turn having been murdered by Montague, his late wife's brother. Erik, whom Sammael had tried to kill, and had been raised by Morgase was given back to Tristan so Montague could return to his previous life without bother.

Distraught upon hearing the news Sophia contacted Shane, and wanting to drive her own life she decided to run away with her brother, telling Estrella of the occurence and leaving the Herrogard in a few day's time.

The ever irritable Valcan was unable to get any information out of Estrella, forced to bring the girl to school when time came around. Sophia was not to return to school and feeling incredibly lonely, Estrella wondered with unease what her last few years of school were going to bring- now, she was alone, and had a lot of things to fix, relationships being no exception.

Ishmael, Valcan's brother in law, days after the school year started returned to the Herrogard, inquiring as to why his son was dead. Finally revelling in his opportunity to finish what he had proclaimed he would one day do, was brought into a duel with Ishmael, killing the man in cold blood and finally avenging his murdered sister, Larkana, finding a tiny bit of peace in his act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back