Another Race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manami Sona

OOC First Name
Phanie
Wand
Yew 14", Essence of Fairy Dust
Heya! So I was wondering whether or not it would be possible to have centaurs become characters on HNZ? I kinda have a plot idea to make a teacher and/or shopkeeper centaur to mix things up a bit. Anyway, let me know! :)

Hey there Phanie,

We have a number of centaur characters already on HNZ. They simply go in the 'creatures' group.
We know from the novels that centaurs don't approve of wizarding society in general and like to live apart from wizards. Firenze was a centaur who went against this - first by saving Harry Potter, then by working for Hogwarts, and both acts were seen as dishonourable (and the latter as 'serving' wizards) which resulted in his being banished from his colony/herd/whatever. There's some evidence that centaurs might have been coming around slowly to thinking wizards weren't so bad, but by and large that seemed to continue to be the attitude from what we're able to see.

So, it's certainly possible to have a centaur be a professor or something but it'd be pretty unique and the centaurs around HNZ have a very sordid history with the school - at one point even kind of invading it. :tut:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back