And The Family Grows

Crystal Simons

OOC First Name
Annie
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Crystal was surprised when she got the phone call from Stephan, she hadn't heard from him since Taylor's funeral. It was really ironic, she was taking in her other sister's child Adam, and now after all these years Stephan calls and tells her that Emmy his daughter wants to live with her and go to Hogwarts. She had immediately said yes she would do anything for family, but wondered why a girl she had only know till age six, now a teenager, wanted to move in with her after all these years. Granted Crystal had always sent cards on Emmy's birthday and for Christmas, but she never got any replies. She knew Stephan must be behind mist of this, the non-returned cards and phone calls, even his own daughter wanting to leave him. But Crystal just wanted to help so she had gotten a bedroom ready for her, in what she hoped was still the girl's favorite color. She had bought it all new, but this didn't bother her because of all the extra money she had just collecting interest in the bank. She and Tyler had just finished getting all there things unpacked after the move from America, but she was glad to see her family grow. She was adjusting the final details to the bedroom when she heard the doorbell and she rushed to greet her niece.

Emmy was nervous about leaving home but she couldn't take living another day in the putrid presence of her father. She was sick and tired of his abusive ways, toward her and everyone around them. So finally after 10 years, she could get out. She discovered she had family. Which was new to her. Her mother had died when she was young, and her father had always kept her isolated from everyone. She dreamed of getting out, seeing the world, and making friends.She arrived at her Aunt Crystal's doorstep and rang the bell. The door opened to expose her smiling aunt. She studied her. Emmy smiled. "Hi! Its erm..Emmy!" She smiled at her beaming aunt.

Crystal looked at the young girl before her smiling. She would have known who it was from a mile away, she looked just like her mother. "Hi, dear." She said sweetly, she was determined to give Emmy the mother she never had. She stepped back giving her room to come in. She grabbed her small suitcase from her wondering how all her things could possibly fit in it. 'Oh well.' She thought to herself more the reason to take her on a bonding shopping trip. "Let's put these things in your room, shall we?" She started to lead the girl to the end of the hall, the last room on the left, right across from her own. She opened the door reveling the room, she hoped that Emmy would like it. Crystal then opened the closet. She knew it was large and she had bought a few things in preparation for her knew guest, she set down the suitcase and turned her attention back to her niece, "So what do you think? It's not too much is it?" She hoped that Emmy would be comfortable here, this was her new home after all.

Emmy walked in her new home. She was stunned at how nice her aunt seemed. She followed her to her new bedroom and was astounded. Everything was her favorite color, purple. Crystal opened the closet, leaving Emmy breathless. "So what do you think? It's not too much is it?" Crystal asked. Emmy bit her lip. "So..my bedrooms in here?" She asked pointing inside the closet. She had never had anything any bigger, as a personal living space, than the "closet." Which looked more like her old bedroom back at home.

Crystal laughed when Emmy pointed inside the closet, then she stopped herself realizing that her old home must have not been so great. "No sweetheart, the whole thing." She said motioning towards the bed and the rest of the room, "Everything inside that door is yours." She said pointing to where they had come in from. "And if you need anything else, clothes, shoes, stuffed bears, whatever. Don't hesitate to ask, even if it is something you ridiculously don't need, don't be afraid to ask, you never know what the answer might be." She smiled hoping she was doing a good job, Crystal had always wanted a girl and now she had one, she just wanted everything to be perfect for her.

"Uhmm....." Emmy hesitated, biting her lip..again. A habit she somehow recently picked up. "Alright." She said, standing still, waiting for what she was to do next.

Crystal was kinda worried when Emmy didn't say anything else, she hoped that she hadn't made things too awkward. "Are you hungry hun?" She said hoping she could do something, "You must be hungry after that long plane ride, I can make you something if you want." She smiled at the little brunette, she reminded her so much of a young Taylor it was unreal. She wondered if they acted the same too, Crystal knew only time would tell, but she couldn't wait until the point at which Emmy was happy and comfortable here and everything came natural. She knew they would have so much fun together once she was.

Emmy saw worry sketched into her aunts face, and hoped she hadn't made her mad. "No Ma'am. I uh..Do not want to be a burden. But may i ask, is there any other children here?" Emmy asked.

OOCOut of Character:
Past couple post have been kinda short, but I understand your just starting out ;)

Crystal could have cried at how military like Emmy had gotten she knew she had to put a stop to this right now, She knelt down to where Emmy stood and said softly to her, "Sweetheart you will never be a burden, if you are hungry I will make you something. Another thing I'm no Ma'am, I am Aunt, or Auntie, or Crystal whatever your most comfortable with. And to answer your question yes, there are other children here my son Tyler who is your cousin and your other cousin Adam is also staying here when he;s not at school. They are both 16, but I home-school Tyler. They won't give you any problem's though, but if they do don't be afraid to tell me." She hoped she was getting threw to Emmy, she smiled as she stood up again, "Now are you sure you're not hungry?" She said raising her eyebrows.

OOCOut of Character:
Yeah, sorry i know! Its just i cant make you do something, and there isn't really a lot going on just yet, im just getting the hang of it as well.

Emmy smiled. She was already starting to feel at home. She was trying to abide by all the rules her father had beat into her, but her aunt was making it hard to not want to smile. "Okay..And on second thought i am pretty hungry.." In all honestly she hadn't eaten anything for almost 24 hours. She was starving.

Crystal smiled big, this is what she had thought since asked the question, "Okay then, what would you like?We have plenty of food to go around." She thought about the left over pot roast in the fridge. Plus there were all kinds of yogurts, puddings, snack cakes and bars that she had bought in case Tyler wanted something. Not to mention the necessities cheese's, lunch meats, breads and frozen chicken, pizza rolls. She wondered if there was a food she didn't have and the only thing she came up with was brossel sprouts, and what kid in there right mind would want those.

Crystal smiled again, "Oh course, just don't get lost. It's a big house." She thought about three young girls all alone in a big house. All the adventure's they had, all the things that had made them who they were today. There houses said it all one Slytherin, one Gryffindor, and one Hufflepuff. She wondered how little Emmy would be sorted but seeing what she saw now, she wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be a Gryffindor like her mom.

"Okay" Emmy said smiling as she walked past her Aunt. She didn't explore the house, nor the food but instead she walked outside. She wondered what friends she would make, and what living with her aunt would be like. She wondered if the other kids would like her. She wondered so many things, she had so many unanswered questions swirling around in her head, but the only one that truly bugged her was, 'would her dad leave her alone?' It wasn't a known fact that she would be safe with her caring Aunt Crystal forever. She really didn't know how long she had. She looked around outside. She sat in the grass at the front of the yard and watched the sunset. She picked at the blades of grass, tussled with the dirt, and even helped a baby caterpillar reach its destination across the yard. After about two hours later, her stomach was growling so badly, she thought she would pass out. As much as she wanted to eat, she knew she wouldn't be able to come back outside until the next day, and she wasn't done with her freedom, not yet that night. As much as she waited, she didn't see any other children or even people around the block, and she grew lonely and bored. After another hour passed she walked inside, nearly starving to death.

Crystal had watched as Emmy had went outside, she would leave her her space, but was surprised when she stayed out until after dark. While she was out thought Crystal had taken advantage of the time and made some dinner. It was a bit big but she knew Emmy was hungry. First off she had made a salad then she had decided to go all out and make steak with baked potatoes and corn. The whole shebang, she looked over the table at the diner she had made pleased with herself she went to call Emmy back inside but was surprised to see her already there. "Hey there, I know it's late but I made dinner." She hoped that Emmy would like it, it was pretty basic food after all but she had no idea about the girls likes and dislikes when it came to food. "It's a steak dinner, I didn't know what you liked but it's okay if you don't I never have enough leftovers in the fridge with all these boy's around." She smiled, she knew how much Tyler ate and when his friends came over the kitchen was a mad house, she could only imagine what it would be like when Adam came home for break from school and they had band practice.

Emmy gladly took the food. She ate it quickly, but slower than usual. She wasn't afraid that someone would take it. Not this time..When she finished she looked at Crystal. "Thanks..for everything. Really, i know you didn't have to take me, and you already have a whole bunch of your own as it is.." She hesitated. "Is it alright if i hed to bed? I'm bloody tired. I mean..really tired." Emmy smiled sheepishly, feeling foolish, as she started to ramble.

Crystal ate her food, it was good she didn't eat a lot of red meat and this was a good treat for herself. She was glad that Emmy liked it, she seemed to be eating well which set aside a few more of her motherly worries. "Your welcome sweetheart." She smiled "Family is always welcome here." She set her plat in the sink rinsing it off she would use magic to clean everything later. Emmy asked if she could go to bed "Of course, you don't have to ask. You know where your room is." Crystal smiled looking at the clock it was late and she knew she should be getting to bed as well.

Crystal nodded, it had been a long day for the both of them. "Good Night." She said smiling walking with Emmy all the way to the end of the hallway before they split Emmy taking the left door and Crystal taking her own on the right. She shut the door softly behind and was thankful for the comfort of her bed. She knew that being responsible for three children would be hard but she was more than up for the challenge.

END

Users who are viewing this thread

Back