And The Big Deal Is...

Isabella's lips turned down in a small frown as she thought of anyone else in her year who wanted to be a Prefect. So far she had been the only one to express interest in the position but she knew Andrew was a year above her and he had wanted the position. Still, with Professor Manteia, you could never tell what he'd do or who he'd choose. "I haven't heard of anyone else wanting it other than this one older boy," she said with a small shrug. There wasn't a limit to how many Prefects there could be, Gryffindor had too many for her to count, but she hoped she'd get it anyway. "I heard that our Head of House mostly checks to see how you do in classes though," she said rolling her eyes. Last year she had barely managed to pass Astronomy and History of Magic, but this year she had to make sure she got O's on everything if that was what Professor Manteia looked at most.

Erik watched as her face showed a small frown as if she was thinking about his question. "Well then I'll keep my fingers crossed for you" Erik said again not really believing that crossing fingers could help a situation at all but knew that it was just an expression.

Thinking about how grades always seemed to be a major part. That was good for Erik for he did really well in most classes without trying hard and when he was not so great in the he would find someone that was and 'partner' up with them to succeed and make it to the top of his class. Yet now this was an entirely different playing field. This was a wizarding school and Erik wasnt' sure how much basic knowledge was going to help him.

"Speaking about the head of house" Erik said thinking back to what he had heard and older student say about the slytherin head of house. "I've heard he is a rather intimidating guy" Erik said "Thank god I will never have to take his class. Arithmancy right?" Erik hoped that the things he had heard were correct. If not that would be rather embarrassing.

"Thanks," she said smiling at him warmly. She knew crossing fingers didn't do much, but she also believed in not saying something otherwise it'd be jinxed, plus it was just the thought of him hoping for her that made her happy.

When he asked about Professor Mantiea, she nodded her head at both his questions. "He is intimidating, the only scary Head of House there is, but he's very respected of course," she said affirmatively. All Slytherins deserved respect and he was the Head of them all, so he of course had the most respect. "Yes he does teach Arithmancy. I think I might take his class," she said thoughtfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back