And so the plot thickens

Autumn Gwin

Autumn Gwin felt as if she were literally walking on air as she made her way down from the Ravenclaw Tower to the entrance hall, planning on grabbing some eats in the Great Hall before joining Thomas for a study session/picnic on the lawn. Her mind was elsewhere, probably thinking about those lovely brown eyes of his. She hadn't seen Thomas's friend and her new pal Joceline since the tow of them ahd gotten together, and wonderd if Thomas had told her. After all, aside from Thomas Luna was her bestie, and she knew Joceline was just as close to Thomas in that fashion, and she hadn't been able to contain herself from telling Luna the few days she'd decided to wait after Njord's 'death'.

Her bag was slung over her shoulder, and her feet shuffled along slowly on the marble tile. A stocking began to slip and she knelt to adjust it, carefully laying her things on the floor beside of her. Once it was back in place and pinned enatly she rose again to her feet, eyes still dreamy and downcast, and she ran into someone as she started wlakign again.

Autumn gasped as her bag fell with a loud thud to the floor and she looked to see who she had tackled with an apologetic half-smile and a quick"Oh, so sorry!"

Joceline was sitting in the Entrance Hall, as about lunch, and she wished to avoid Thomas and Autumn eating together, acting like a loving couple. So with a sandwich and book - about heart break no less - Joceline sat, until some **** pretty much tackled her. She looked up and adjusted her glasses, but when she heard the voice, she let out a growl, this was just a warning, but it Autumn did not leave soon, there would be no more warnings. She was simply not in the mood!

Joceline hadn't been seeing her best friend, and her heart hurt so much from it, but she had made sure that she wouldn't cry any longer, at least not in public. She wanted him to think that she was moving on fine with out him, that she didn't care that he was dating the girl she absolutely hated, which made her feel even more betrayed then she already did. "Watch where you are going!" she said, her thick accent, making even more malice seep into her tone, not caring that people could be watching them.

lame ^^

Autumn winced and shrank back, her face twisting up in confusion as Joceline growled at her and then snapped at her apology. The shorter girl cowarded before the French giant as she saw the hatred burning in the other's oceanic blue eyes.

"I said I was sorry Joceline." she said, feeling that coil of jelaousy grip her. What was wrong with this girl? She'd thought to get her a gift for christmas and hadn't acted on the jealous feelings before when she'd hear Thomas speak of her. And now that she thought about it, he hadn't spoken of her lately.

She picked her bag back up from the floor and sniffed, returning the glare. She was never one for confrontation, but that had simply been uncalled for. If not for glare she'd been given, she woudl have ignored it and written it off as Joce having a bad day or something.

But that look of pure hatred was getting to her so she relaxed her face and a calming feeling of serenity overcame her as she thought of Thomas waiting outside and spoke her thoughts.

"Well, I've got ot be going. Thomas will be wondering where on Earth I am. I'd rather not keep him waiting." she said, indicating her bookbag, loaded down with texts and things,"I'm guessing he told you the news then? That he's asked me to be his girlfriend? How sweet is it? I never even realized it until he told me how he felt about me, that I felt the same about him!" she added, the catty side of her jumping in and pouring salt on the other girl's wounds. But the good-natured Autumn hadn't even realized this could be taken as anything but light conversation and continued smiling at Joceline peacefully, shifting her feet nervously, for Thomas really was probably growing worried.

Joceline whimpered quietly as Autumn went on and on about Thomas, until finally saying, "Shut up, you idiot!" She growled once more at the girl as she stood up, although she was very short, her anger made her feel like a giant, like if she wanted to she could squash Autumn just from her words.

"I don't care how Thomas feels about you," she spat, clenching her fists and setting her loathful gaze onto Autumn's brown eyes. "I hate you!" she sneered as she crossed her arms against her chest. Joceline didn't care that she was blatently sharing her feelings about Autumn, and if she was intelligent enough - which she highly doubted - she would find out that she liked Thomas, it wasn't like she had to hide it anymore.

lame ^^

Autumn took the verbal slap to the face rather easily at first when Joceline called her an idiot, which was the farthest from the truth a statement could be, but then the flames began to tickle her cheeks as her face flushed red, and then they leapt into her chocolate eyes at once, when the other girl continued her ranting.

She stood and listened, fists beginning to flex, teeth beginning to clench, as the onslaught of verbal abuse went on and on and on. I wonder what Thomas would think about his bets friend if he heard what she was saying to me... she thought amidst the many toughts running through her head.

Autumn blinked when the brat's trap finally shut and she crossed her arms triumphantly at finally coming out with her feelings. Autumn had almost known all along that Joceline had a thing of sorts for Thoma,s but she had ignored it, and trie dhe rbets to befriend the girl. But she had crossed th eline, and everything was on the table. She shrugged and figured she may as well just end it here.

I'm dying to just end it with a swift punch to her fool head, but that would ruin my reputation as an intelligent and mature little girl... she thought angrily, and decided it would be resolved by her brushing Joceline off as if she was no importance. She wanted her to throw the first punch, to bring her down to her level, but this repsonse would send her reeling, and infuriate her all the more. So, she did it.

"I'm sorry you fe that way Joceline. I don't hate you, and whether you care or not does not alter Thomas's feeligns for me and I for him. You're of no importance in this matter, and therefore neither is your input. Here are your books, good-bye." she said, handing her what she had dropped at their crash of a meeting,and sniffing in her general direction with a muffled "Idiot" before striding confidently away, head held high with prid ein herself at what she had just stopped form happening....unless Joceline jumped her while her back was turned or somethign cowardly and foolish like that.

Joceline sneered as coldly as she could, the expression written on her face, was one that could give even her father a run for his money, and he was a very cold, bad man. She was fed up of this brat, fed up of everything she brought into her life and most of all she was fed up of her feelings for Thomas. She loved him, or she thought she did, and those feelings were not reciprocated, how on Earth was she supposed to react to that?

As Autumn began to speak, she could feel her short temper rise, to that of one of the many Death Eaters in her family, something she had really never experienced. God how I wish I was a Veela now so I could just change into some brutish animal and smash you against a wall, she thought, but didn't dare do anything, she was too much of a lady for that. Sure Joce could use rude comments and probably think of doing such things to the girl before her, but she would not resort to such acts.

Joceline snatched her books away from the pig headed prat and tilted her head upwards in a pompous, arrogent fashion when she heard the girl call her an idiot. She knew she was anything but this. She didn't need to be in a stupid house to know that she was smart. She was a Slytherin, and perhaps for the first time she was proud of it.

If Joce was in Ravenclaw, she would be disgraced that she was in the same house as Autumn. She would probably end up asking Gaspard to have her transfer to Durmstrang or Beauxbatons, just because of this. "God damn! I hate that girl!" she said in French, though it was more to herself then anyone.

Joceline re-opened her book to the page she was on and sunk down against the wall. She tried to read, but anger and hatred clouded her mind and sadness, her eyes. So she closed to book tightly and closed her eyes, pushing her head against the firm wall, wishing that it would just eat her, so she wouldn't have to have her heart broken each time she thought or saw him in classes.

Unfortunetly for her, it didn't. She just sad there, hitting her head firmly against the wall, again and again. Joceline now knew that her mother had been right. Do not fall in love with a man because they will only give you great sorrow, she recieted her mother's words in her mind. Mama, why didn't I pay more attention and listen more? she asked, looking up at the cieling, as if she was looking for some sort of guidence from her dead Mother.

Perhaps a half an hour later, she packed her things away quietly and walked into the Great Hall, feeling that it was safe to enter, because most of the students have left, and those that hadn't they weren't Autumn and Thomas, so what the hell did she care?

END OF THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back