Ancient Runes Booth

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
OOCOut of Character:
Everyone is free to come and get a reading but as it's only Eden and myself doing this try not to overwhelm us xD
Patricia had been looking forward to this day all week. She remembered when she had gone to a booth like this in her second year. It was a great help to her when she was choosing her electives so she hoped that she and Eden would help a few second years today as this was around the time when they would be choosing their electives. She was glad that she wouldn’t have to do this alone. After she had brought it up with Professor Weasley and had gotten the go ahead she was given the help of sixth year Eden Koshiba, who, according to Professor Weasley, had a great knack for Ancient Runes. While Patricia was doing this for a bit of revision as she had her NEWTs in a few weeks.

She had arrived in the Great Hall just after Breakfast that day and was finished setting up before the lunch rush started so she hoped to get enough people to come visit the booth – it would be well worth it. Of course today wasn’t just for 2nd years, she was willing to have anyone come and get a rune reading, it was useful for all year. She took out her wand and levitated a banner above the booth with ‘GET A RUNE READING TODAY!’ wrote on it, hoping for at least a few customers. “You excited?” she asked Eden. She hadn’t really had much practice giving people outside of her class readings, apart from Aiden when it was part of her homework, so this was going to be fun.

The young Seer Eden was stationed at the Runes booth her rune's bag just laying there carelessly on the table. Her pet snake Judas was hidden well under the table and her ever present cup of jasmine tea was in her hands. Looking over to the Head Girl or Head Puff as Eden liked to call her in her head was standing next to her. "Yes I am excited how could I not be?" Eden said in her ever dreamy like voice.

Looking around as the hall started to fill with students. Eden put down her tea and made her Slytherin robes look neater. "Are you ready for this Pat?" Eden asked as she picked up her runes and smiled brightly.

Having eaten lunch, Jennifer had the rest of the afternoon free to do as she pleased. She considered the library, but having studied all morning, just the thought of reading another book about magical creatures made her head spin. As she stood up and swallowed her last mouthful of lunch, she spun round on her heel and her attention was immediately drawn to a booth at the side of the great hall. Above it, Jenny could just make out 'GET A RUNE READING TODAY', and for a split second wondered how they'd managed to get the banner up there, until she remembered where she was and felt a dipstick.

There was nobody outside the booth, except for two older students, much older, who seemed to be in charge. Wondering if getting a rune reading was free, and also what the hell it was, Jennifer shuffled over and peered into the booth. A bag was laying on the table, which Jenny assumed had runes in it, judging by the shape. Jenny cocked her head, certain she heard a hiss, but shook her head. She was always daydreaming.

Jennifer looked up at the girls. One Hufflepuff, one Slytherin. She looked at her own Gryffindor robes, feeling slightly awkward, and then stepped forward, closer to them. 'Hi,' her voice was quite high, and her French accent was prominent, even with her trying to hide it. 'Sorry, but.. What's a rune reading?' She asked, sounding pretty innocent and curious, and feeling a numpty for the second time in two minutes.

Patricia laughed softly when Eden questioned how she couldn't be excited. It was true this was something to be excited about, getting to tell people their future, in a sense. When Patricia was younger and in the Muggle World she never believed anyone of this and thought it all to be a load of non-sense but that attitude quickly changed when she started Hogwarts and more specifically when Professor Weasley gave her her first Rune reading. It was an exciting time and while she couldn't remember it exactly she remembered that it was spot on at the time and definitely made Pat want to choose Ancient Runes as an elective. "I sure am!" she replied back to Eden.

Turning to face the main part of the Hall she saw a much smaller girl, probably a first year, approach them. She looked down at her as she examined the booth. "Hi!" she said with a smile at the younger girl. When the girl asked a question Patricia felt the urge to laugh a bit but decided not too as she didn't know what one was when she was her age. "Well take a seat and find out." she said to the girl, indicating to one of the chairs closest to her. "Basically you're going to ask me a question, any sort of question and I'm going to try and answer it for you by using my runes." she told the girl as she took out her small pouch and shook it a bit so she could hear the runes in it.

Georgiana entered the Great Hall and noticed a booth set up with two girls behind it. Runes Reading, hmm, she began to wonder what sort of question she would ask them when she was pushed forward towards the booth by some excited students. "Um, Hi there," she said to the girl who wasn't the head girl, who was talking with abother student already. She sat down across from her and began to think of a question unsure of what she should ask. "What is a question alot of people ask, not dealing with money of course I could care less if I'll have money in twenty years it's not now," she stated almost like a side comment. She wasn't sure the question she should ask considered she didn't want it to be overly private or openly dumb of her to ask the girl to read on her runes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back