Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Veela Hair Core
She had been caught. CAUGHT! It had been the most humiliating moment of Odette's life! Red handed, with the flyers still in her hands. How stupid! She should have spread less of them, should have been done faster. She shouldn't have stopped to taunt Harley, should have burned the papers as soon as she was done. Or maybe dumped them out a window. That professor hadn't even wanted to hear her out, he was totally biased.

With a sigh, she wandered around, lost in thought. That Hayley girl from her dorm knew what she had done, and she was apparently friends with Harley as well. She wouldn't have a sanctuary in her own bedroom, she had nowhere to hide and regroup, get herself together. She wondered if Margo had gotten in trouble too, she hoped so. This would be easier to deal with with someone else on her side.

She played with her hair, lost in thought. How was she going to get out of this? She would lay low for a while. It probably wasn't common knowledge that she had done it, but it would be better if it remained that way.

Rory could still residual anger bubbling up in her system over the flyers, even though the initial event had already passed. She knew why of course. She'd talked to Harley as soon as she was able, but hadn't been able to find the person she desperately wanted to confront. Every time she was out in the main school she had been craning her head in every direction, but hadn't managed to catch a glimpse of Odette Harper, Slytherin snake. That thought set Rory's teeth on edge, adding to the already present indignation she felt over what Odette had done to Harley. Stupid stereotypes.

And then she saw her. Or rather, she saw the hairstyle she would recognise anywhere; Odette was currently at the other end of the corridor with her back turned. Determined not to lose sight of her, Rory didn't even pause to consider what she was about to do. She began marching up the middle of the corridor, settling her face into a fierce scowl that had people staring at her as she passed, or shoved through, them. Not wanting to give Odette any kind of warning, she waited until she was almost upon her before reaching out and grabbing her arm, wrenching the other girl around to face her. For a second, she almost didn't know what to say, but then she exploded. "Who the hell gave you the right to do this?" she seethed. "I can't believe I wanted to be your friend."

As usual, Lycus was lost in his own world of books. He went up to the first corridor and decided to sit on the ground and opened his book. He had heard so many things about the dark arts and he secretly hid a small book of it inside his potion textbook. It's not that he's doing anything illegal but he didn't want to draw any attention from the kids by reading those kind of books that most kids do not borrow from the library. He flipped the pages one by one as his eyes began to scan the pages, reading all the names of the deceased death eaters and what crime they've committed. He knew that one day he would be able to learn all these spells, either by transferring to Durmstrang or his parents will teach it to him. His mother didn't like the idea of sending the kids too far that's why he got himself enrolled to Hogwarts New Zealand, it's closer to the family. Or at least that's what he thought. It had been a peaceful day until two girls started to argue. Great, just great. He took his wand, target it to one of the girls and trip jinxed her. "Quiet" He said calmly, locking his eyes to them and went back to his book.

Aurelia wandered along the first floor, she didn't want to admit it but she was a little lost. She'd been trying to head up to the owlery to send a letter home, but the staircases seemed to be acting up and they kept sending her to the wrong floors. She wasn't even certain what floor she was on now. Turning a corner she heard raised voices at the end of the corridor. She hesitated, if there was an argument going it wasn't really any of her business, and the people involved probably wouldn't want an audience. Aurelia was about to turn and walk the other way, when she noticed that one looked familiar. Is that Odette? Unsure if it was the Slytherin she had met or not, Aurelia moved closer.

Seeing that it was in fact Odette, Aurelia frowned. She hadn't known Odette for long but she'd quite liked her and hoped that they could become proper friends. She spotted Lycus too, and her frown deepened. They'd met briefly in the forest and didn't really get off on the right foot. She didn't recognise the other girl, except that she was a Gryffindor.

Making a decision, she stepped forward. "What's going on? Odette, are you alright?"

Odette was just considering hiding out in the library for a while when out of nowhere, someone grabbed her arm roughly. Whoever it was took her by surprise and was able to turn her around, and she saw it was Rory. Her heart had just enough time to drop into her stomach before the other girl started shouting at her. Odette forced herself not to react visibly, but on the inside she was almost ready to start crying. Of course Rory would find out, and of course she would believe it. Why hadn't she thought of this? Why was she so stupid? This plan was backfiring in every possible way. It was all Harley's fault.

Her face may have betrayed some emotion but still mostly remained cool. "I don't know what you are talking about." She said coldly, though a slight waver in her voice gave her away. "But if you are ready to not be my friend anymore over some accusations, I don't need you to be."

Before Rory could say anything else in response to that, a boy started butting in. He was from Odette's house but she had never talked to him. He sent a jinx at Rory to make her trip and then told them to be quiet. Odette felt a reflexive reaction to catch the other girl and to jinx the other boy in return, but Rory had dropped her. So she would drop her in turn. She looked at Rory with a hint of a smirk on her face. "Yes, maybe you should be quiet. And run along" She said in a low tone, hoping it would look like that boy was on her side.

But then someone else started meddling as well, she almost cursed. Why was this so public? She looked up to see Aurelia, the Hufflepuff she had met in the library. This could be either really good or really bad, depending on what this girl believed. "No." She said, making her mask fall and putting up a slightly scared expression. "I'm not alright, this girl is accusing me of horrible things that I never did."

Rory didn't really know what she had been expecting, but Odette's response made her eyes widen in disbelief, and she let go of the other girl's arm in shock. She couldn't understand why Odette would bother to deny what she had done when Rory had already heard the truth - not just from Harley, but from that Ravenclaw girl, too. The shock was short-lived, however, her fury quickly returned as Odette continued to speak. Rory wanted to shake her, she had just stepped forward to -

Her face smacked into the floor by Odette's feet, and it hurt. Her jaw had collided with the flat surface at an angle, and was already beginning to throb. Now she was really wild. Rory sprang back up almost immediately, forgetting the pain in favour of looking for the person who had jinxed her. Odette's hands were empty, so she hadn't quite descended into full-on stupidity, but Rory quickly locked eyes with an arrogant looking boy sitting on the ground with his wand out. He had already looked away by the time she barked, "F/// off I'll be quiet," and, knowing no adequately harmful spells, she was about to launch herself across the corridor to wipe the stupid look from his face for interrupting when Odette's words stopped her.

Turning back to look at the other girl, Rory let out a sharp exhale of disbelief. She still wanted to kick the living daylights out of the boy, but looking back and forth between the two she remembered what she had just realised, what she really hated about what Odette was doing. Again, she tried to articulate her rage, but only got as far as opening her mouth before someone else interrupted her. Whirling to face a girl she had never met before, Rory's scowl deepened and she grit her teeth furiously as Odette started to put on an act for the new arrival. She couldn't take it anymore.

"Just stop it!" she yelled, getting in between Odette and the other girl. "You're not scared, and you're not stupid! Why don't you say what you're really feeling for once? You just put on that stupid blank face! Why can't you just be yourself? Why do you have to lie all the time? You lied about Harley, you lied to that stupid Ravenclaw girl, you lied to me, you literally just lied to her!" Here she gestured wildly at the girl behind her. "I actually thought you were interesting and cool to be around, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was all a lie too! Do you even know who you are?" Rory stopped abruptly, her chest heaving as her lungs worked to regain some air.

'What did she say?' Lycus placed his book to the side and stood up slowly. He glared at the Gryffindor and pointed his wand at her ready to injure the Gryffindor... Until... That girl whom he met near the forest came and started to be worried about that Slytherin Odette girl. Lycus was amused with the guts that the Gryffindor had, she was burning up in anger and that made Lycus happy, the only thing that he disliked about the current situation was the yelling. He couldn't stand high pitched, loud voices. The first year Slytherin walk toward the girls with his wand next to him. "Oi, what did she do to you till you have to yell and causes migraine to those who have to listen to your annoying voice?" he said calmly to the gryffindor. Unlike his twin, Lycus wasn't a lone wolf, he would take side with those who has the same objective as him. And right now he was definitely with the Gryffindor. Lycus walked closer to the girl and stood behind the Slytherin, facing the Gryffindor. "Unconscious, broken arms, nose bleed? Which one do you fancy?" He asked the Gryffindor. Lycus was in it for the sake of violence, he hadn't been able to harm anyone for a while and he was definitely going to do it. He had offered his fist and wand to the Gryffindor and she'd better use that chance of his since he doesn't normally give anyone a chance and would just attack whomever he pleased. One more annoyance from the Gryffindor, Lycus will get her injured.

Kaia was having a fairly good day, she still wasn't used to the fact that her parents had told her the truth which made her doubt their intentions of keeping her in the first place, maybe they did have a heart after all but she was not going to put her trust in them entirely anymore. If they had told her face to face that would've been much better than deciding to send her a letter of all the ways they could have confessed what they did. Kaia turned around a corner and stopped in her tracks. She stared at the scene before her, she would have turned around and left them to their own argument or whatever they were doing except that she saw her friend Lycus - pointing his wand at a girl. That did not come as too much of a surprise to Kaia but he was her friend and she did not want him to get into trouble, even though he might not have cared in the least. She walked towards the small group and frowned at her friend. "Ly? What's going on?" She observed the other girls but she had never seen any of them before. They were probably all first years. Kaia felt alarmed at what Lycus looked like he was ready to do but she kept calm. She needed to be calm, like always.
<i></i>

Up close Aurelia recognised the Gryffindor from classes, so knew she was a fellow first year but her name was escaping her at the moment. Her eyes widened as she went off on a proper rant and she had to resist from taking an automatic step back at the sheer anger being displayed.

"Shouting isn't going to help anything." Aurelia started when something the Gryffindor said suddenly clicked. Wasn't Harley the name from those horrible posters? She glanced at Odette, wondering if she had anything to do with it. That would explain why the other girl was going off on one, if she was friends with this Harley and believed Odette had something to do with it. "This really isn't the place to be airing out your dirty laundry. Besides, how do you know Odette is lying?" She asked, crossing her arms and frowning. "What if she's telling the truth? It's not nice to accuse someone of something without proof!"

Aurelia tried not to cringe back when the Slytherin boy came up next to them. He really is a bit morbid, she mused, listening to him list possible injury's. "Why do you always talk about violence?" She asked, half curious and half exasperated. As another girl came up to the group, she looked around the corridor. They were starting to attract quite a gathering.

There was a moment of relief where Odette thought the Slytherin boy had distracted Rory enough for Odette to get away. Running away maybe wasn't the most dignified of moves, but she really didn't want this to end in a fist fight with Rory. She knew who would win, and it wasn't her.

But no, Aurelia's appearance apparently made Rory turn her attention back to Odette in full force. Great. She started to shout at her and her words actually hurt a little. She averted her eyes, unable to look at Rory during her verbal onslaught. This wasn't fair, everyone lied. It's how smart people got what they wanted. Rory was just pretending to be better than Odette, as if she was an angel. Her last words made Odette's temper flare too. She knew who she was, Rory had only met her twice. Who was SHE to tell Odette she didn't know?! "Just because you're upset, doesn't mean you get to call other people stupid or accuse them of lying." She said, an icy fury to her tone. "You're the stupid one if you listen to Harley about anything. I don't care that you don't think I'm interesting or cool, the opinion of someone like you hardly matters." She put as much venom as she could into the word "you". "I was just humoring you anyway." She added dismissively. "So don't act all hurt now, we were hardly best friends."

Before she could say anything else, that boy started talking again. He seemed to have switched sides, how useless. Odette was ready to ignore him until he started physically threatening her. Who was he to interfere? Who was he to threaten her with bodily harm?! He had absolutely nothing to do with any of this. She whirled on him. "Excuse me, would you kindly get lost, you little psycho? If you do as much as touch me I'll have you kicked out of this school in a second, do you hear me?" She put as much authority in her voice as she could, though to her horror, her accent slipped a bit in her anger. She always sounded slightly American, but when she forgot to pay attention to her words she sounded southern. Her mother would have disapproved, and that thought was enough to make angry tears prick in her eyes. She was sick of this entire situation, and if it didn't end soon she would be the one getting physical.

Then another girl stepped in, talking to the strange boy. Good, maybe she would take him away. He was making this all a lot harder than it had to be.

Aurelia was still on her side, at least. Odette was grateful for that much. "Aurelia, thank you." She said, and making her voice shake wasn't difficult at all. "This isn't fair. I didn't do anything wrong." She glanced at the boy, who Aurelia also seemed to know and not like very much. "Just leave me alone!" She glanced at Rory again. "Both of you."

Rory rolled her eyes as Odette responded to her rant. "I'm not accusing you, I'm stating the fact that you're a liar." The Slytherin boy and Hufflepuff girl seemed to think they needed to have an opinion on the matter too, and Rory had to resist the urge to smack the girl on the nose as she automatically tried to defend Odette. Addressing both of them, she gestured at Odette saying, "Where's the proof that she's not lying? She's already been caught by a professor for putting up the flyers, and the girl I found putting them up said it was her too. And Harley told me ages ago that Odette will do anything to make people like her so they'll do what she says; this entire situation just proves that."

At this, Rory returned to addressing Odette. "You're right. We weren't best friends. But if you're going to give up over a little bit of conflict, then I guess we weren't going to be that good friends anyway. I'm not hurt for me, I'm hurt for Harley and you." She really was too, deep down. She'd never lost someone that she considered a friend before, and even though she was glad that she was getting rid of the two-faced person Odette seemed to be, Rory wished that she'd been able to just make the other girl admit that she had lied, and do something to fix it.

She was distracted from her thoughts by the boy threatening Odette. Rory wrinkled her nose, still angry with him over the tripping jinx. She might not have been feeling particularly friendly towards Odette, but the sorts of things he was saying were terrible. Despite herself, she was impressed at Odette's response. Which made her feel that angry-hurt again, because this was the Odette she had wanted to be friends with, the one who didn't feel the need to censor her feelings and lie about who she really was. Speaking to the boy over Odette's shoulder, she said, "Look, that's really screwed up. This isn't even anything to do with you." Although, there was a small mean part of Rory that wondered whether he knew any truth-telling spells. That would teach Odette.

She didn't even notice another girl join them as she heard Odette try to put on her stupid act for the Hufflepuff girl again. Aurelia. "Shut up, Odette, because you either know you're lying, or you really don't believe you did anything wrong." She turned to Aurelia. "Look, I'm glad that you seem to have some brains, but I hope you realise what's up with Odette before she drags you down with her." Rory frowned, something suddenly occurring to her. "Or did she make you put up those flyers too?" Her hands automatically went to her hips. She heard Odette telling her to leave, but ignored her, suddenly interested in whether Aurelia had had a hand in Harley's misery.

If there was one thing that Lycus hated was shouting, he couldn't stand all those high pitched loud noise. And this made him angry, the boy had anger management issued and those loud noises that the girls were throwing at each other was making it worse. Lycus wasn't there to defend anyone really, he wanted to fight. He fought with his siblings all the time and without violence that wouldn't make Lycus, Lycus. The Huffelpuff started to talk and then Kaia came, great... "Stay out of this Kaia" he said coldly without even looking at her. When the Slytherin talked to him rudely his head boiled in anger. He wasn't afraid of getting himself kicked out, in fact he wanted to move to Durmstrang to learn the dark arts, damn the distance his mother wouldn't let him stay too far in such a young age. Lycus took one step forward, ignoring what the Gryffindor had to say and pulled the Slytherin by the hair, pointed his wand at her and casted "Locomotor Mortis" he said pulling her hair a little closer to him. "Those empty threats do not intimidate me, you understand?" He took the girl's hand and put it behind her back, twisting it slowly.

OOC:I'm cracking up how Lycus isn't welcomed yet he still want to be part of the argument for the sake of violence xD xD ... And Daphne I'm sorry, Kaia will teach Lycus a lesson. Don't keel me

Professor Kaelen was in an extremely happy mood today. She was looking forward to Christmas, and had just heard from her eldest child that they would be attending the Kaelen traditional feast. It was now rare for Liberty to have contact with her own, and she treasured it more than they would ever realise. Leaving her office, Liberty made her way out the History of Magic classroom. Professor Pendleton had been incredibly gracious towards her when she first joined, and she'd found a friend within him.

As she walked down the corridor, her black cloak sweeping out behind her, her heels tapping on the stone floor, Professor Kaelen began to notice the sound of voices. Raised voices. As she approached a junction in the corridor, she turned her head left down the next towards the noises. Normally someone light-hearted, Liberty frowned as she caught sight of a handful of students, possibly first years, engaging in what didn't appear to be friendly behaviour.

She turned her stride and headed further towards the group. Clearly they were so engrossed in their conversation that no one noticed the woman approach. Now in clear earshot, Liberty removed her own wand from beneath her cloak as she heard one boy threatening some of the others. She was about the speak, when the boy beat her to it. He grabbed one of the girls and jinxed her legs, locking them up completely.

"How dare you" Liberty's voice was suddenly loud in the sea of children. Her own wand held high, she swiped it in the air at the Slytherin, whose wand shot out of his hand. Catching it from the air, Liberty was furious. Never had she encountered someone who performed violence on a classmate.

Rory continued to talk about how Odette had lied and how she had been caught by a professor, and Odette knew she had to stop her soon. Aurelia was still on her side, but she was pretty sure that girl could be swayed without too much effort. But first, she needed to address Rory and what she was saying.

Saying that she was hurt for Odette's sake was just a stupid thing people did to make you feel guilty. It didn't work on her. "Fine, I'm sorry you're so gullible. You'll regret this." She said lightly. It wasn't meant as a threat, but she also didn't really mind if it was taken that way. "You'll see Harley for who she is before long."

But like an annoying buzzing fly, the Slytherin boy started meddling again. Odette had half expected him to just back off after she yelled at him, but it seemed like she had underestimated him. Instead of backing off or even shouting back at her, he grabbed her by the hair. Her HAIR. Odette screamed in rage. "What are you DOING!?" She yelled. Before she could say anything else, he put a spell on her that bound her legs together, making her unable to kick at him as she so desperately wanted to. He pulled her closer and said something she wasn't even listening to, then he started twisting her hand. How DARE he?! Who did this boy think he was? "Stop it!" She shouted, frustrated and humiliated.

But thankfully, there was her savior. Finally a professor came at a good time. She heard her voice before she saw her and was instantly relieved. The professor took the boy's wand but that didn't end the curse, unfortunately. She struggled in his grasp. "Professor, he's hurting me!" She said, perhaps a bit unnecessarily. Tears jumped to her eyes, though they were tears of anger and not of pain or fear.

Rory made a scoffing sound at Odette's continued lies which, to her at least, were becoming poorer and poorer by the second. "Right, I'm the gullible one. Whatever, Odette, I'm done." Her anger had finally settled, and now instead of scowling Rory just looked at Odette and her little sidekick in bored disgust. Aurelia seemed to have been distracted by the freaky Slytherin boy and hadn't answered her question, but Rory figured it didn't really matter either way. She'd either lie about or admit to putting up flyers - and if she really hadn't had anything to do with it, she'd either drop Odette, or stupidly continue hanging out with her anyway. Which was about the same as putting the flyers up, Rory thought, but she had decided she didn't really care anymore

Finished wasting her time trying to reason with Odette, she turned around to leave and go find her friends, who were probably doing something really fun up in the common room, or outside. Starting to head off down the corridor, Rory had almost distracted herself by imagining what they might be up to when she suddenly heard a scream from behind her. She couldn't help but whirl around, and saw that the Slytherin boy had not only grabbed Odette by the hair but had also locked her legs together. Rory hesitated for a moment, but then turned her back and continued walking down the corridor. She tried to tell herself that it was because she had seen Professor Kaelen coming from the other direction, but really she just wasn't feeling particularly charitable towards Odette. A little hair-pulling and a leg-locking jinx had never hurt anybody anyway.

The situation was perfect for Lycus, the girl screamed and hopefully cry made him feel superior. Then suddenly a professor came, great... Ruining Lycus' definition of fun, she took his wand away and this made him angry. Not being to control his anger, Lycus pulled the girl's hair a little tighter as she began to cry. If it was Sybil she would fight him back but this girl was far from his sister. Lycus stood still and eyed the professor as he slowly let go of her hair and glared at her before looking back to the professor. He knew that he would be in a big trouble but he wasn't afraid of it, he knew the consequences of his action and he was ready to face it. He grabbed the girl by the wrist, digging his nails to her skin to prevent her from walking away. "You are not going anywhere princess" he whispered coldly in a very low tone. If he was going to be in trouble, he planned to drag someone along and perhaps this Slytherin can accompany him. "In my defense professor, she triggered all these chaos by shouting across the corridor so I decided to practice some spells on her" how stupid of Lycus to talk that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back