An old friend. A new start

Ashton Smith

Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Ashton was leant against a wall waiting for Sam. He hadent sen her in some time and they used to be so close in school. He had one leg up against the wall. His arms folded across his chest as he sighed, he looked from left to right too see her. Sam was the only ever girl that he treated right and never laid a finger on her. He liked her way too much, then and maybe still now. Only time would tell

Sam walked along the pavement with a strange feeling of release. She had managed to get Odie to look after the babies for her so for the first time since they were born she didn't have to worry about making sure she had everything when she went out. All she needed was her money.
She walked round a corner and saw Ash leant against a wall. She had always liked him, even if he was four years younger than her. She had always been too dedicated to Dervish though. She sighed and continued walking towards him. She expected he'd be able to tell something was wrong, even when she had a fake smile plastered to her face. "Hi Ash. It's been ages. How are you??"

Ashton smiled when he saw her. He walked over to greet her. He had known her so well and for so long he could tell that the smile on her face wasnt real and he knew something was up. " Yeah i know it had been ages. How are you, dont say fine because i no when you are smiling genually and then faking it like you are now." He pointed to her mouth as he spoke then chuckled slightly/

The smile faded from Sam's face and she looked away from Ash. She was struggling to hold back tears but was just managing it. She had been married to Dervish twenty-three years and dated him three years before that. To say the least, she was finding it hard to accept his death. "Dervish died last month." Her voice was slightly shaky when she said it but she held herself together.

Ashtons smiled instntly disspeared. He gave her a tight hug. " Im so sorry Sam. If there is anything i can do then just tell me." He kept into the hug, he felt it the only way of showing his support although he wasnt too good with comforting people

Sam hugged Ash back. It reminded her of Dervish. Ash was stronger and muscular just like he was. It was strangely comforting. "The only way anyone can really help is by helping me with the kids. Some are moving out and four of them have gone to Hogwarts but there's still the babies and anyone who's still home." She looked up at him. "I don't suppose you're any good with kids??"

Ash rolled his eyes. " Sam i have had 3 sons and a daughter, i know a thing or two about kids." He laughed slightly then pulled out of the hug and moved some hair from her face and smiled. " When ever you want me to baby sit just tell me ok."

"Ash, I've had five kids more than you and on top of that I look after my two nephews and three neices. Somehow, I think there's a bit of a difference." Sam laughed and looked into his eyes. She hadn't laughed since it had happened. It was weird and she liked it. "They're all really quiet at the moment though. Dervish's death hit everyone hard."

Ash laughed. " I no but i still have some experiance. And i bet it did hit home hard. Something like that always does." He looked back at her and smiled supportingly at her. " Just tell me when ok."

"You can come over now if you want??" She smiled at him. It had been a long time since she had last seen him but she still trusted him as much as she had done when she was seeing him every day of her life.

Ashton shrugged. " Yeah sure, i dont mind." He smiled. He had never felt this open around anyone, it was as if they were still teenagers in school.

Sam smiled and led Ash to her house. She opened the front door and took him up the stairs. "I'm just going to check on my babies." She opened the bedroom door on Odie and Ana holding Bella and Rosie alseep in their arms. "How's it going girls??"

Odie smiled at Sam when she walked in the bedroom. "Hey, Sam. They're fine. They went to sleep a few minutes after you left and they've been asleep ever since." She didn't get up because a) she didn't want to wake Rosie, eho was in her arms and b) she was too heavily pregnant and it would take too much effort to get up.

Ana looked up and smiled but the smile quickly faded from her face when she saw Ash. She had been hoping that he wouldn't see her. She had to hide her stomach as she was already starting to get a bump from where she was pregnant. Her face showed nothing but shock and fear. She kept her mouth shut and held Bella in her arms.

Ash nodded and folowed her into the room to see her two newest members of the family. He smiled slightly when he saw them both. He looked up at the girls holding them and recognised one as being his son's girlfriend. He nodded a little at her. " Hello Ana. How have you been?" He wanted to be as nice as he could today as he didnt want to scare Sam as he hadent seen her in so long he didnt want to mess this up now

Ana looked up when she heard Ash speak to her. She didn't understand why he was suddenly being so kind to her after what he had done. She also didn't know why he was here. "I'm fine. You??" She couldn't keep the fear out of her voice but she tried to stay as kind as she possibly could.

Ash shrugged. She sounded a little scared of him which gave him great pleasure. " Well i carnt complain. How is Riley." He looked back at her as he was interested in his sons progress. She saw him more than he did so she was the best person to ask

"he's fine as well." Ana knew she couldn't mention the fact she was pregnant with the baby of Riley's best friend. She didn't want Ash to lash out the way he had last time he heard she was pregnant.

Sam realised that Ana was acting oddly, even if she was upset about Dervish. She decided that it was best to leave the girls alone. "Shall we go downstairs??" She smiled at Ash.

Ash smiled at her then nodded his head. " Yeah sure thing." He looked at Ana quickly and gave her a small wave. " Nice to see you again Ana. We should do this again somwtime." He smiled at her.

Sam led Ash downstairs to the living room. "I take it Riley's your son then??" Now that she put two and two together, she could see a resemblance. "Would you like a drink or anything??"

Ash followed her down the stairs as he spoke. " Yeah he is. He is the only remaining son of mine. One died and the other ran off ages ago. And i would love a firewhiskey please." He smiled then leant against the cabinate and watched her

"Were you close with your son?? The one that died, I mean." She smiled at him as she got a firewhiskey out the cupboard and poured it into a glass for him before handing it to him. "Do you have a wife then?? Or are they all from flings?? I know what you can be like so don't deny it."

Ash nodded. " We werent that close but we were close enough. Im not close with Riley though, he hates me." He took the firewhiskey and sipped it. " Thanks. So are you close to your family?"

Sam noticed the fact that he ignored the question about his wife so she didn't try and dig the question out of him. "Yeah, it's the most important thing to me. If I wasn't close with them do you really think I'd still be going??" She smiled up at him and felt herself being drawn in by his dark mysterious eyes and hard, dangerous features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back