An Interesting Match Up

Noah Lewis

Noah had just realized that him and Nina were at the same school besides all the odds. Now she had already challanged him to a bit of flying to see who had more skills. The thought couldn't help but increase the smile on his face. Walking out to the pitch with Nina's broom in his hand.

Sure normally he would use his own, but after the crash on his broom this summer Noah no longer had a broom to ride. Usually Noah didn't crash but after what his father had told him about his mother Noah had reason to those concentration on his broom.

Standing on the pitch waiting the arrival of Nina, Noah decided to do a few laps around the pitch, practice maybe. Swinging his leg over the broom and kicking off the ground. Sure he started off slow but after a few minutes he was going about the pitch as if he had his old broom back. THough with this one he had to shift a bit different and put his weight up higher, but Noah knew that he would survive.

Nina was so glad that she was with Noah, it would make everything so much easier and better for her, she wouldn't have to be with Harri, all the time. She loved Harri like a sister but she did want to be with people closer her own age.

When Nina reached the pitch she saw Noah already there flying smoothly Nina smirked inwardly, Lucy was a good broom. Nina mounted her broom swiftly and sped towards Noah as fast as her broom would take her. When she reached him she smiled and said, "Hey mister.." Nina gave him a light wave before speeding past him, doing a few loops just to mess around with him.

Noah loved the feeling of flying. It just seemed to get all the problems that he was having, all the worries, all the stress out of his mind without even trying. It was a nice day too which was odd in the fall. It seemed to be only nice so that Noah and Nina could get a bit of flying in.

As he did one more lap he noticed someone fly up to him. Smiling as he turned to see it was Nina "Glad you finally showed up" he teased as he watched her do a few loops. Noah didn't want to risk falling yet, not until he got used to the broom.

"Show off" He shouted though on his face was a clearly created smile.

Nina giggled and shouted back, "Can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen love," Nina slowed down so she was going at the same pace as him, then said, "How do you like 'er?" Nina was referring to her first broom obviously, but he seemed pretty awkward on her small broom, she had gotten it when she was in her second year, and she hadn't grown that much either, so it probably would have made more sense to offer Noah her streak, but she still wanted to have a fighting chance, aside from Saks, back home Noah was sort of the big cheese of quidditch.

Noah rolled his eyes of coarse in jest. "Oh I can handle the heat just wait and see" Noah said bragging though as he watched her fly so easily he wondered if he'd be able to take her on this broom nonetheless.

When Nina asked if Noah liked the broom, he looked down. "Did you just call the broom a her?" Noah asked smiling a bit. It was sort of cute how she refered to the broom as a female. Sort of like how a muggle named a truck.

"But she'll do" Noah said just glad to be back in the air. It was like old times almost.

Nina blushed brightly and she said, "Yes I did..I know it's a bit unorthodox but I'm a muggleborn and it's common for people to name their means of transportation." Nina hoped that Noah wouldn't ask for Lucy's name, it was a bit embarassing now that she actually thought about it.

Even when they were flying, Noah could see Nina's cheeks turn red. Smiling brightly he couldn't help but think that he liked when he saw her blush Knock it off Noah He thought not wanting to think about Nina in that way, he couldn't she was Asher's best friend.

"No don't worry" Noah said talking about her naming the broom. "I think it's rather cute that you named it" Noah said as he leaned forward and flew a few feet ahead of her for a moment before waiting for her to catch up once more.

Nina blushed once more when Noah called her cute, her heart began to flutter gently and she said, "Really? Because you're the first person to think this..I've named my guitar as well, but I think that's different." As Nina was talking she sped up beside him then she teased, "I think I know how Slytherin won their games, you would always flirt with the players wouldn't you?" Nina blushed once more then averted her eyes as she realized what she had just said.

Noah nodded laughing a bit as she blushed once more. He never remembered her blushing this much unless she was around Alex. Maybe Noah just had never paid this much attention.

"Naming a guitar" Noah said now shaking his head. "Well I have to say that is odd beyond belief" he teased. Though he had never named anything that wasn't actually living like his kitten that he still had up in the dorm, but he had heard that it was quite normal for people to name inanimate objects.

Though when Nina asked if he won all his games by flirting he let out another laugh. "Oh darn you found out yet another secret about me" he said rolling his eyes. "oh come on Nina you should know me better than that. I never flirt" He added trying to keep a straight face which seemed to hold for a little bit.

Nina giggled sweetly and said, "I'm just amazing aren't I? Oh never really? Because if I recall your flirting got you into a fair bit of trouble over the years." Nina smirked playfully then sped up though not so fast that Noah could catch up to her. "You know what's weird..this is probably the most I've ever spoken to you," Nina observed then shrugged her small shoulders heavily.

"Or you are just a into yourself" Noah said teasing of coarse. Sure he thought Nina was amazing they were best friends. Though as she brought up flirting in the past Noah held back the urge to actually blush. Guys weren't supposed to blush. So he held it back. "Wel that was over the years. I'm totally different now" Noah said using one hand to run his hand through his hair still staying balanced on the broom.

As Nina sped up, Noah chased right after her. it seemed that he had forgotten everything that was awful in his life even for these moment. Yet when Nina said that it was the most that they've talked Noah smiled "Yeah I think that's gonna change now" Noah said just knowing that it was. "After all why else would we be stuck at the same school beyond all odds" He said as he flew ahead a bit and did a small loop which wasn't as perfect as it was on his normal broom but it looked good enough.

Nina rolled her eyes playfully then said smugly, "We'll see.." Nina smiled softly at Noah when he flew beside her then said, "Yeah...this is great..have you heard? Emme transferred as well and so have some of the little first..I mean second years from back home." Nina still thought of them all as first years because they were all so little, not compared to her, at least not in size but compared to her peers. Nina watched Noah's loop, it was a bit messy, but she knew immediately that it was because of Lucy. Nina sped up slightly then tilted her broom upwards so she could go a bit higher and faster.

Noah knew he hadn't changed that much, probably not that much personality wise that was. Though as Nina let him know that Emme had transfered Noah couldn't help but flash her an odd look. "Wait Emme transfered too?" he asked thinking about how odd it was that all Noah, Nina, and now Emme had all transfered to the same school the same year.

"Did she say why?" Noah asked as she watched Nina go higher. Rolling his eyes Noah tilted the broom up. He had to put a bit more pressure into this broom than his old one but still it went up. Catching up and flying right beside Nina he turned to look at her. "I really need to buy my own broom" Noah said letting out a laugh or two.

Nina nodded her head with a grin and said, "Yup, and I actually haven't seen her, but I heard some second years talking about the new Ravenclaw girl named Emme.." Nina smiled softly at Noah then said, "When's your birthday.. I might get you one, so one gift I get you we can use together.." Nina was obviously thinking of the snow board she had gotten him over the Christmas break last year, the two had challenged each other, but it hadn't happened yet and probably wouldn't.

Noah nodded still not seeing how it was possible. Actually there were loads of transfers this year. Maybe it was just how things were supposed to go. Sadly yes Noah did believe in fate and things along those lines. He could thank Divination for that one though.

"September 23" Noah said "But I'll get my own broom" He said smiling though he appreciated the offer. "After all we still have to use that snow board from Christmas" Noah said remembering that but thinking how far away it really seemed. It seemed ages a go when really it was less than a year.

"When is your birthday though?" Noah asked knowing that it was a fact that he should really know about his friend. It was just something that friends knew about friends like other facts that usually never came in handy.

Nina beamed at Noah and she said stubbornly and playfully, "Nope, it's decided, that will be one of your gifts.. What colour do you like.. green, red, blue, purple or yellow." Nina bit her lip wondering if that was all the colours there were for Streaks. "Oh it's passed.. June 30th," Nina said shyly, she hated getting gifts, she always felt so guilty when people spent their money on her, knowing that she didn't deserve it at all.

Noah shook his head. "You are not getting me a broom" Noah said trying to sound stern about it but his face filled in with a small smile. He could probably be as stubborn as Nina if he chose to be. "And when I buy my broom it is going to be green or blue" Noah said making sure that Nina heard that he was buying the broom. Noah was never a big one for gifts unless he was exchanging too.

Though when Nina said her birthday had passed. "Oh that's not fair at all" He said wishing he would have known when her birthday was before. He could have gotten her something. There was always belated birthday gifts but it was rather late even for that. Noah would think of something though. He always did.

Nina giggled and she said, "You're so funny Noah.. you know this is going to happen.. but don't worry you can have your payback on Christmas.. I hate getting gifts." Nina sighed softly, she knew Christmas would sneak up on them faster then planned. Green or Blue, Nina thought remembering it for later...she was excited to get him his birthday present then said, "How do you feel about birthday parties? It doesn't have to be a big one if you don't want..I just figured..." Nina looked over at Noah sheepishly, hoping that he wouldn't think she was weird because she wanted to do this for her friend, she would do it for all of them, but she knew that aside from Emme she was one of the only people that knew him. "Oooh this can be the perfect time for you to meet some friends," Nina mused excitedly.

Noah rolled his eyes playfully "Nina you are so stubborn" He teased though. "oh and don't worry I will get you back at Christmas" He teased thinking about how christmas seemed so far away though he knew it really wasn't. Realizing that it would be his first Christmas here at Hogwarts New Zealand.

Though when Nina brought up birthday parties, Noah smiled and shook his head. "I don't know anyone really" He said truthfully. Who would really show up? Though he wouldn't dismiss the idea of a party. "But I suppose as long as it's not a surprise party I'lll be fine with it." Noah said. "Rarely people can actually pull a surprise on me" He added smiling his normal smile. Actually he could not remember a surprise party that he had actually been truly surprised about. Soon people just stopped trying to make it a surprise.

"But you know.... Next year I'll keep everything in mind" He said with a small wink.

Nina giggled and she teased back, "I know I am..and youuuuu love it..." Nina smiled softly then teased back, "Actually just to avoid that I might go and visit my little brother back in London, so ha.. you can't win this war.. I'll send you your presents by Owl, or muggle means, which ever I think is easier." Nina was not planning on going home for Christmas, she hated it there, she always fought with her parents and now with her Grandma not being her Grandma she just wouldn't do it.

Nina sighed softly and said, "Well now you know I have to try and surprise you.. perhaps not through the party because I already told you about it." Nina giggled slightly then said, "Oh no you wont, I can oblivate your memory if I wish you know." Nina smiled at Noah then began to twirl her hair in her fingers, with one hand on her broom, not realizing that it could seem like she was showing off, when she wasn't, just flirting discretely.

Noah smiled "Whatever you say Nina" he teased though really being slightly stubborn was never a bad thing, or at least not in Noah's eyes. Though when Nina said she was going to go back to london for the holidays Noah just laughed. "No you won't" He said not really sure if she would. "But even so I will find somehow. Maybe show up on your doorstep so there" He said childishly sticking out his tongue at her.

"oh you won't be able to surprise me even if you could oblivate my memory" Noah teased hoping that really she couldn't oblivate anyone's memory. After all he couldn't do that, maybe he had missed that lesson but now that he thought about it it could be quite useful.

Noticing that Nina had one hand off the broom. "Show off" He muttered as teased her attempted to take both hands off his broom for only a moment. Though he could only stay balanced for a short bit. Soon he put both hands back onto his, well Nina's, broom.

"You don't know which house I'll be in.. ha!" Nina said with a giggle then she rolled her eyes slightly and said, "I'm not a show off.. what are you talking about?" Nina said with a grin, she had been a seeker, it was sort of mandatory to be able to do that, both was simple..for her anyways, one summer she had practiced to no end, she had wanted to impress some Gryffindor who was really into quidditch one year, he ended up moving away and she then changed onto Alex.

Noah rolled his eyes playfully. "I'll just have to use some of my resources, but I'll figure it out" Noah said smiling though he wouldn't know which house she would be there anyway. He would just have to owl her present somehow. The owls should be able to find Nina no matter what. Noah had heard they were smart animals.

"And you are so such a show off" Noah added knowing that she probably hadn't even meant to show off. Though maybe it was part of his competation nature that wanted to show off too. Though he wasn't sure how he'd be able to pull off anything wonderful without knowing the broom too well. it was odd how Noah went from Quidditch captain over at Hogwarts Scotland to boy riding a too small broom at Hogwarts New Zealand The wonders of moving Noah thought though surprisingly he wasn't bitter about it.

"Are you trying out for the quidditch team here?" noah asked still not figuring out if he was going to yet.

Nina smirked playfully and said, "Nah.. I'm actually not going home, I hate it there too much drama for my liking, so I guess you're stuck with me on Christmas and New Years." Nina stuck her tongue out childlishly then said, "This coming from the boy that just tried to bring his hands off my broom? Come on, I'm seeker Noah, it's mandatory.. and it's embarassing how I learned to do this." Nina took both hands off and brought her thumbs to her temples and wiggled her fingers childlishly as she stuck her tongue out once more. Then rested both hands down slowly with a playful smirk and said, "Undecided, I'm pretty sure Hufflepuff has all the players they need, so I just might stick to being a big nerd." Nina rolled her eyes slightly then said, "What about you?"

Noah was glad that Nina was staying. At least someone he knew that would be there for the holidays. Flipping back to last year, in his mind, Noah recalled both Christmas and New Years back home with Asher. Smiling at the thought he pulled himself back into the real world.

Laughing a bit as she stuck his tongue at him, he could only shake his head. "I'm allowed to show off. It's what I do" Noah said knowing that he probably did try to show off quite a bit. Luckily no one ever complained so it was all good in his eyes. Though he watched as Nina said it was mandatory because she was a seeker. He was a keeper so he needed to be able to do it as well. Maybe he was just a bit rusty.

Though as she did the little gesture with her hands at her temple, Noah laughed a bit harder. He wasn't even going to attempt that even if it was just to friendlly mock her. Yet as Nina said she was just oing to be a big nerd "Well that sounds about right you a big nerd and all" He teased.

"I'm up in the air. Not quite sure what I want to do about the quidditch team" Noah said shrugging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back