Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Estella was always excited for Halloween as it was a great excuse to dress herself up. Last year had been good as she went as a possessed doll, and in her opinion she looked rather pretty, but this year she chose to go instead as a Halloween Princess. It was a good choice as it meant she could make herself look pretty again, and so with a face full of makeup and a cute orange headband, Estella entered the Great Hall excited to participate in the event. Looking around at everyone’s outfits, she slightly regretted not writing about the Halloween ceremony for the Hogwarts Monthly like she usually did. Some people were very creative in their ideas, but some were also a sight for sore eyes. It would definitely be some content for an interesting article. The Hufflepuff walked over to the snack table first, trying to find some familiar faces through the crowd as she went. She poured herself a glass of pumpkin juice, silently judging people and their costumes as she took small sips of it.

Ana Sofia enjoyed halloween a lot. Mostly because of the wave of creativity that seemed to hit most of the students at the castle whenever halloween time was rolling around. She had gone for a simple costume this year, sticking close to muggle tales about witches, yet making it a little more fashionable than dressing up as some sort of old hag. Ana happily skipped around the hall when she entered, taking a moment to appreciate some of the more thought out costumes as she did. Even in the sea of dressed up students it didn't take long for her to spot one of her friends and she quickly made her way over to where she had spotted Essie. "Hi!" She beamed when she reached her. "Cute costume, I like it."

As Estella sipped her drink, it didn't take long for her to find her friends, or rather for her friends to find her. Ana Sofia was one of her best friends, and whilst they weren't the closest, Estella especially enjoyed her company. The Latina brushed off her compliment and gasped at her costume. "I love your outfit!" she exclaimed. It was a traditional idea with a super cute look, and Ana was definitely one of the best dressed there so far. "This jacket is gorgeous. Well done." Estella smiled at her, glad to know that her friends didn't have bad fashion taste at all. It definitely gave her some hope considering all of the poorly dressed people that were there. "How are you enjoying the night? Have you seen anyone stand out? Like anyone really badly dressed?" she asked, hoping for some gossip.

Sawyer would be the first to admit he'd half-assed his costume this year. Halloween was usually a pretty big deal in the Carnahan house but this year Sawyer had been so caught up helping Felix get ready he'd completely spaced on a costume. Theia had had a good idea to go as a group of musicians, but Sawyer could quite convince himself to want to tote a guitar around all evening. And he certainly wasn't going to manage carrying a piano everywhere either.

He'd been circling the hall, nearly tripping over when he'd spotted Ivy all dressed up and was trying to keep his distance if only not to look like more of an idiot tonight. Overhearing Essie and Ana Sofia talking had been the perfect distraction. "Ah, sounds like my cue," he announced when Estella asked about bad costumes, spreading his fingers in a sort of vague attempt as a dramatic entrance. "You guys look nice though," he added, glad at least this time he wasn't still walking while looking at pretty girls.

Ana Sofia was glad she had managed to find at least one of her friends quite quickly. Everything was better when sharing it with friends after all. She was still admiring her friend's outfit when Essie complimented her own. "Thank you!" She beamed, placing a hand over her heart to show that she really meant it. She had always thought that Essie was quite fashionable so to have her compliment her outfit felt like she had succeeded in trying to get the idea across without having to dress up like an old lady. "Hmm," Ana took a moment to think about her friend's question. "I think I saw one of the prefects wearing a dress that looked like the night sky, moving starts and all. But that looked pretty." She answered, trying to look around to see if anything else caught her eye. "Badly dressed? I don't know. There's a few that I don't really get.." She added, not really meaning anything bad by it as she wasn't much one for negative talk. She just had trouble understanding what some costumes were.

Ana giggled when Sawyer joined them just as they were discussing bad costumes, smiling brightly when he said they both looked nice. She looked at what he was wearing questioningly for a second as she tried to figure out what he was dressed at. He had arrived precisely in time to serve as an example of a costume she couldn't figure out though and she couldn't help but to blur out the question in her curiousity. "What are you dressed as?"

Estella nodded when Ana told her about the starry night dress. "That sounds really clever though, and I feel like it would look good if it wasn't too much, you know? Otherwise it would be really tacky." she said, knowing she wouldn't have a clue how to do that herself. She agreed that there were some costumes that she didn't really get. Perhaps they were just too busy to bother getting something good together? As Sawyer joined them, Estella smiled. "Hey Sawyer." she said, happy that another friend had joined her. "I guess you kind of look like a... thug?" She gestured to the leather jacket, thinking it looked rather cool. She hoped he wouldn't take it the wrong way. She wasn't sure how, but she thought he was really looking good in what he was wearing, not that she wanted to admit it.

Sawyer felt his face heat up when Ana giggled at him, tucking awkwardly on the collar of his jacket. He fumbled a bit when Ana Sofia asked what he'd actually dressed as, tempted to take Estella's suggestion and just say he'd dressed as a thug. He'd thought his idea had been super funny until he was actually faced with explaining it to people and now in the face of actually making a fool of himself it wasn't seeming like such a good idea. "I'm uh. Uh- Invisible trumpet player. See- uh," Sawyer hesitantly raised his hands in front of himself, taking a breath and hoping the joke would land as he wiggled his fingers in front of him, miming a trumpet as he made a few buzzing trumpet noises with his mouth, cutting himself off pretty quickly. "Dumb, right?" He said with a nervous laugh, quickly dropping his hands to shove them in the pockets of his jacket. "Should definitely go with something cute like you two next year," he added, swallowing nervously a few times and trying to hide it with a smile.

Ana Sofia nodded along as Essie gave her opinion on the older girl's dress she had just described, mostly acting like she agreed with her friend. Well, she did agree, she just didn't think she was as incredibly fashion aware as Essie was. She just liked how things looked or she didn't that was pretty much all there was to it. And even if she didn't like it she wasn't easily one to judge. "Yeah, no, definitely." She agreed thoughtfully. "It looked pretty though, just the right amount of movement and twinkles not to make it too busy you know?" She added, although it did make her wonder for a second what Essie actually thought about half of Ana's own wardrobe being covered in things she had painted on. Maybe she thought that was tacky as well but just never told her. Ana Sofia could see what Essie meant when she mentioned Sawyer's costume looking something like a thug and she couldn't help but to softly giggle again when he demonstrated what his costume was actually supposed to be. "I mean now that you mention it I can totally see it." She nodded, not wanting to make him feel bad about his costume. Any of her classmates could be wearing the worst costume she had ever seen and she'd probably still find at least something good to say about it. "Well Essie's pretty much the best dressed out of all the girls in our dorm so I'm sure she could help you out." Ana smiled, before turning to Essie for a second. "Don't tell the other I said that though." She quickly added, not too keen on hurting anyone's feelings even if she was sure the other girls would agree with her.

Estella nodded in agreement as Ana replied to her. Perhaps the moving star dress girl would get a prize tonight now that she thought about it. Any costume with a magical enhancement was really impressive. As Sawyer began to explain and demonstrate what his costume was, Estella couldn't help but giggle along with Ana. She didn't know trumpet players wore leather jackets, but Sawyer was smart and so she was sure it was accurate. "So you're somewhat like a mime then! But a mime who can only play trumpet." she said, quite liking the idea. She had seen plenty of worse costumes during the few years she had attended the event. As Ana complimented Estella's fashion sense, she put her hand to her heart, smiling sweetly at her friend. "Thanks! Of course I can help you Sawyer. Just give me a shout next year and we can plan something!" she exclaimed, excited for it. "And don't worry, I won't tell the others." She smiled cheekily, glad that her efforts with her outfits were being recognised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back