An evening stroll

Patrick O'Brien

Patrick closed the hospital doors. They were charmed so that the moment anyone entered needing his help, he would be alerted immediately.
He had removed his long grey hospital robes for ordinary black ones. He felt the chill there today, he tucked his hands into the pockets of his robes and walked on.

He hadn't really had much of a chance yet to have a decent walk around the school grounds. He enjoyed doing so now, while the hospital was quiet.

Amy was out on the lawn having a quick walk in the hope she would be able to sleep better that night when she almost bumped into Mr O'Brien, Andys uncle.
"Helo Mr O'Brien" she said politely, smiling. Maybe he can help me with my whole sleeping problems she thought to herself.

"Hello there!" Patrick smiled, he remembered her from the hospital wing when she had helped Ace there, he looked at her frowning for a moment then, "It's Amy, right?"

"Yup thats me" Amy said smiling, "How are you this evening Mr O'Brien?" Amy asked, thinking it only polite.

Patrick smiled again, it wasn't very often lately that anyone asked how he was.
He looked at her and said, "I'm doing alright actually. How are you? If you don't mind me saying so you look a little peeky!"

He didn't want to offend her but she looked exhausted, maybe she was finding the classwork too much or something.

"Oh good, Me?" she asked sighing slightly, "Not been sleeping too great" she admitted, he was after all the nurse and he could clearly see that there was something wrong. There was no point trying to hide anything.

"Really? Has there been something bothering you?" Patrick stopped walking and looked down at the small girl infront of him. He forgot how fragile these children could be emotionally and physically.

Amy stopped seeing as Mr O'Brien had stopped also. "I've always had difficulty sleeping actually" she said, "Dad always just used to tell me that if I couldn't sleep at night to take a stroll round the garden, used to work late at night" Amy said shrugging, looking up at the tall figure of Mr O'Brien.

(i can join right?)

Ginny had been lying on the tree when she fell asleep. she felt something fall on her face and relized, when she focused properly from her sleep that it was her own book. Silly me she thought as she jumped down and walked to the water's edge. She saw her reflection and thought about what her mom and dad must be doing. Pain entered herhand and she clenched it up again, stopping the blood from flowing. stupid curse, she said to herself. She looked up when she heard voices. It was Amy and some member of staff she had not met. She walked up to them. 'hello amy, Mr...,'she said cheerfully.

Amy spun round to see Ginny approaching. "Evening Ginny" she said smiling at her. "Oh this is Mr O'Brien, hes the new school nurse" she added quickly.

'Nurse? Oh well that explains why i don't really know you yet then,' Ginny explained smiling. 'How are we all then?' she asked. 'YOu look a we bit tired amy. too much flying,' ginny joked with amy, though she did look tired, just like her.

Amy rubbed her eyes as Ginny spoke. "Yeah just a few sleeping difficulties" she mumbled quietly. "How are you Ginny?" she asked trying to move the subject on.

'Good. was doing abit of revising but it didn't turn out quite well. i got distracted and started climbing a few trees,' she said, shoving her book and hands in her pockets. 'And what about you, Amy, Mr.Obrien?'

Patrick smiled as the two girls chatted, what else could he do?
"Amy why don't you come to my office where we can talk properly about your sleeping problem. I'm sure we can take care of it! And you...Ginny? have dried blood on your hand. What happened?" Patrick held out his hand for hers so he could take a proper look.

ginny listened as Mr.O'brien mentioned amy had a sleeping problem. Ginny stared at her questionly before hearing her own name. she looked back at him and his hand that was held out. she stared scared at him not moving. 'Umm, n-nothing ha-happened, mr.O'brien.'she stuttered. 'See.' She held up her hand that didn't have blood on it.

Amy blushed slightly when Mr O'Brien mentioned her sleeping problem, and feeling Ginnys eyes on her she started at the ground, her feet kicking up the grass. However she raised her head and it was her turn to look questionningly at Ginny when she heard the words 'dried blood' mentioned.

Patrick sighed wearily, "The other hand".
He shook his head, he hoped his niece wasn't like this with the professors.

Ginny thought for a second as she lowered her right hand, before holding up her other hand. 'Nothing happened. it was just me being stupid,'she said hoping he wouldn't notice the scars than ran all over her hand.

Patrick took one look and with his shrewd gaze turned quickly to Ms. Stone.
"Amy? will you call to my office and we'll schedule an appointment as soon as possible. I really think we should look into your sleeping problem, it might not be anything but it might also be easily cured", he looked at her carefully nodding his head slowly, hoping she was quick enough to take a hint, but just incase she wasnt' he turned back to Ms. Porter.
"You need to come up to my office right now, we'll clean up that blood right away and make sure nothing got in, ok?" Patrick stared the girl down, she had better agree to go with him because with cuts like that on her arm he was very likely to make a scene for her own safety.

Amy wasn't suprised to hear Mr O'Brien's words. "Of course I can sir" she said, "Erm, see you round Ginny" she said smiling brightly to her, and she turned on her heel and headed off back inside, hoping to get some sleep tonight.

Patrick smiled as Ms. Stone left he then turned his attention back to Ms. Porter.
"Now, you... up to the hospital wing. I think we need to talk" he held out his arm indicating that she should lead the way.

Ginny shoved her hands in her pocket and bit her lip, not wanting to say anything that she didn't want to. She was extremely angry that Amy had deserted her. She looked at the castle and started to trudged up to it, muttering negative thoughts under her breath.

(are we actually going to continue this?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back