an early vacation

Harrison Landers

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Harrison arrived by the floo network to his grandmothers house, the house seemed eerily quiet and he wondered where she might be. Calling out to her there was no answer and he found this strange knowing that she expected him here about this time. He checked his watch and knew he was perfectly on time so where was she. Becoming apprehensive for the formidable old woman Harrison walked about calling out for her. The house was empty and it was thanks to the portrait in the hallway of his grandfather that he knew where she was. The orchard, gathering apples to make himself and Fenton a pie. He smiled and sending his bags up to his room he left the house to go along to the orchard that grew wildly at the side of the house.
"Hey Nan, not even going to greet me huh" he smiled at her as he went over and enveloped her in a hug before taking the huge basket she had levitating beside her and put it on the ground. It was fairly full of apples and he wondered just how many apple pies did she think he would eat.

Esmerelda was busy gathering apples from the trees to take too much notice of the voice that called out to her. Sometimes she thought she heard voices all the time, perhaps it was age that was doing it to her. She knew she was getting awfully tired of late. Her grandson and one of his friends was arriving today and she had decided last minute to make an apple pie and some apple chutney and stewed apple. Anything that would help her to use up the bumper crop of apples that fell from the trees like snowflakes. She placed them into the basket that floated along beside her, being much to old and frail to bother carrying it any more.
In a moment she was gathered into a warm embrace as her grandson greeted her. She turned to smile at him returning his hug.
"Harrison, why is it that time already?" she watched as he lowered the basket to the ground and looked about, "Fenton has not arrived yet then? you must be starving come and I'll get you a bit to eat".

She headed back into the house and with a simple wave of her wrist, the basket floated once more to glide beside her and into the house. Soon enough the charmed knives were peeling and coring the apples. The water from the tap was rinsing them as they were then seperated into various large pots on the stove.

"Tea my dear?" the kettle sang to life almost immediately as she turned around to look at her grandson.
"My you have grown so tall".

Fenton couldn't be bothered using the floo network, he had turned 17 a few months previously and had learned how to use apparation. Though mildly splinched once or twice he had eventually gotten the hang of it. The grazes on his arm and his right knee weren't noticeable anyhow, unlike Thondyke who had splinched a whole ear off. Smirking at the memory he arrived outside the Gables and looked about him as he slung his bag over his shoulder. Opening the gate he made his way up the path and not bothering to knock simply opened the door and called out.
"Hey I've arrived. Let the festivities begin" he laughed walking into the kitchen where he could hear a bundle of noise.
"Wow little cottage industry going on here, how's it going Harrison?" he walked over to his bestfriend and slapped him on the back dropping his bag on the table before going over the Mrs. Smickett and scooping her up and swinging her around.
"Hello Mrs. Smickett, you're looking as lovely as always. You using some youth cream or something?" he grinned putting her down gently as he then picked up an apple and began crunching his way through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back