An early morning post.

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kasey wasnt feeling sleepy, she had just been kicking her covers for the past three hours in her bed.She finally decided that she would go mad doing it till morning and decided to owl her mom, how the first two weeks of the school had passed.Taking her green ink, quill and parchment and stuffing them in her bag and putting on her jacket, Kasey had a quick glance of her on the mirror and combed her hair which were messier than she had ever seen.

Climbing two step at a time, Kasey walked up to the owlery, shedidnt believe that she hadnt been here ever before.She alway replied her mom with the same owl and had neveer got the chance to come up here.There were owl feathers like everwhere and skeletons of what looked like rats, most of the owls were sleeping except one which kasey noticed, it had amber eyes, it was a snowy owl.SHe walk towards it thinking what she would write in her letter.

[color=660000]Jolly sighed loudly as she left her dormitory and sneaked out quietly through the portrait hole. Since the past two weeks, she hadn't been able to sleep properly. But it was nothing new. Jolly could never sleep anywhere except at her own home, knowing that her mother was in the next room. Hogwarts, though it impressed and fascinated Jolly, hadn't managed to make her feel like home yet.

Her mother had written to her two days ago but in the rush of assignment and flying lessons and remembering where the various classrooms were, she hadn't been able to reply back. Jolly decided that right now, she'd do just that. So she marched off to the Owlery, trying not to bump into anyone. Fortunately, she reached there without much adventure.

Someone was already there. She probably couldn't sleep either, Jolly thought to herself, quietly entering the Owlery and looking around for her owl, Spot. Suddenly, her slippers slipped on owl poop and she landed painfully on her buttocks. "Ow!"[/color]

Kasey was deeply thinking about her mom, brother, Steve, Dan when sudennly she heard someone scream.Kasey turned and saw, a girl whom she thought was a first year, fallen on the ground due to owl poop."Quite slippery,Experienced it alot"said Kasey as she walked to the girl, giving out her hand for the girl to grab she said"Kasey,Kasey Carla"

[color=660000]Jolly grabbed the girl's hand and straightened up, dusting the back of her robes. "My buttocks hurt," she said, making a face. "Thank you." She smied at the girl who introduced herself as Kasey, "I am Jolly Cooper. Call me Jo. So you couldn't sleep either?" she asked Kasey.[/color]

[color=660000]Jolly rummaged in her gown for a rumpled up parchment on which she had doodled in History of Magic. "I am in Gryffindor," she replied to Kasey with a proud smile. She was still quite surprised that she had been sorted into Gryffindor, of all places. "And you?" Jolly extracted the parchment and straightened it out. Now what shall I write? she wondered. There was so much to tell her mother. But where to start?[/color]

"I am a Ravenclaw"said Kasey cooly."Do you have an owl?"she asked"Or any pet?"she said trying to remember if she had seen the girl in MM before.Opening her bag, she took out her quill, parchemnt and green ink and put them on the window sill.It was still dark so she said "lumos and on one of the owlery lamps.

[color=660000]"A Ravenclaw? My mother was a ravenclaw, too," smiled Jolly, walking over to the window seal and putting her parchment onto it for support. "Yesh, I have an owl. Spot. He's over there, look! The white one with the large brown spots," she pointed to her handsome owl. "He's great, isn't he?" beamed Jolly proudly. Then, she looked down and scribbled a couple of lines to her mother. Maybe she would just say 'hi, how are you?' in this letter and write an elaborate one on the weekend when she would be totally free. She had many things to tell her mother and father.[/color]

[ooc; her school supplies haven't all been purchased yet. so jolly hasn't yet been to MM. but yeah, she purchased the owl from there. so you can remember her if you want :) ]

[color=660000]"Yeah, I heard that, too. And they usually do, but in my case, I am not that brilliant minded, you know," smiled Jolly. "So I am a Gryffindor. The Hat it was the right house for me." Jolly nodded at Kasey's question. "Ah, so that's why your face is so familiar. You work at MM, don't you? Yes, I did purchase Spot from MM."[/color]

"I see."said kasey after listening to Jolly."Yes I work at MM."She said cheerfully.She always liked knowing people, specially first years before they entred school through MM.

[color=660000]Jolly grinned. "You have a nice face. That's why I remembered it. So what are you doing here? Couldn't sleep too?" Jolly had a hard time sleeping properly in the dormitory.[/color]

"Thanks for the compliment."said Kasey."Yeah, I had an nightmare and woke up before an hour.I tried to do a bit of reading but I couldnt concetrate the thought of the dream was troubling me.So I decided to come up here and write to my mom."she said."What about you?Why werent you able to sleep?"She asked

[color=660000]"I've got a problem. I can't anywhere except at home, knowing that my parents are in the next room," she told Kasey tiredly. Jolly knew very well that if this continued, she'd have dark circles under her eyes and lack of sleep would be bad for her lessons. "I just can't sleep. It's driving me insane!" Shaking her head, she went over to Spot and stroked him, while she tied her short letter to his leg. "Take this home, Spot," she said softly before turning around to look at Kasey. "So what kind of nightmare did you have?" she asked casually.[/color]

((You forgot the verb 'sleep' :lol: .))

"I see"said Kasey thinking about how Tamara wasnt able to sleep when she entred HNZ.(tamara was in my year and she is now inactive)."My night mare, It was horrible.I was in middle of an exam, i guess it was Defence practical and than I had to fight a boggart, it was a giant scorpion you know and at that time Athene came and suddenly distracted me, and I was screaming now in real, and my dorm mates,suddenly woke up to wake me.It was so embarrising"Kasey sighed.

"They asked me, if I needed water but I had that and if they should sit with me and if I wanted to share with them about the nightmare with them.But I said I was fine and I would try to sleep but I couldnt of course nad after three hours of thoughts and thoughts I came here."Kasey concluded.

"Funny isn't it, how sometimes one might not tel something to a friend but a stranger."Kasey said, going into an deep thought."But than again we arent strangers anymore"said Kasey coming back from the thought.

[color=660000]"Oh, that's an awful nightmare," sympathized Jolly, going over to pat Kasey on the arm. "Are you alright now? Yeah, I guess it'd be pretty embarrassing. But I am used to being embarrassed," she shrugged. When Kasey commented on the strangeness of their situation, Jolly smiled awkwardly, "Yeah, that happens sometimes." She was pleasantly surprised when the older girl said they weren't stranges anymore. "Thanks. I am thrilled to make another friend," said Jolly.[/color]

"Yeah,i am okay now"said kasey.She took out a letter from her bag which she had previously written and completely forgotten that she had, and walked slowly to her snowy owl Miley stroked her on her back and said."Go and give this to mummy and dont come back until she sends you with a christmas present"she said with a smile and tied aletter to the owl's leg.

Dear Mom,

How are you?What about Dad?I am gona give you a big suprise thsi year when i return for christmas.I know if I could be there infront of you, you do Legilimency as you cant wait to know what i have to tell you but well you  will have to wait.its a good suprise so dont worry.

Lessons have been going quite well.Do you have any idea, of what I could be on Halloween?I thought of being dressed as a princess.that ball dress and gloves and cindrella shoes would go perfectly well but than again I want to become something scary.

I am dying to see you in the holidays but I have told Miley(its my new owl's name.I just got it at special discount as a staff from MM.) not to return without bringing a Christmas gift.Yeah, one mor ething I am playing Qudditch again as a chaser.It be fun but I thought if I wouldnt join the team maybe I'd die of thinking about it so I joined.

Hope to hear from you soon and waiting to see my christmas present.Tell Dad I am upset with him, what work does he do that he cant come to see us in the holidays??Anyway take car eof ursel.I know you can, I am writing just as a formalitie. :D Bye.

Loving Daughter,
Kasey

The owl hooted out of the window into the dark sky.The breeze that came in freshened up Kasey's mood."So did you write to your mom?"Kasey asked to Jolly."Is she a witch?"She added.

[color=660000]Jolly watched while Kasey went over to a snowy owl, tied the letter on it and whispered something to the owl. It was a beautiful white colored owl. "What's her name, Kasey?" asked Jolly curiously. "Yeah, wrote to my mum. It's just a short note for now but I'll write a longer letter soon-ish." She smiled. "You're right. My mum's a witch. What about you? Are you a pure blood?"[/color]

"Her name is Miley"kasey replied with a smile."No I am a halfblood, my mom is a withc and dad a muggle"she said."What about ur dad, what doesh e do?"she asked with intrest.

[color=660000]Jolly giggled and nodded. Miley was a good name. So Kasey's owl was a female. Maybe Spot could find a companion in her. She grinned inwardly, shaking her head at her dirty owl thoughts. "My dad's a muggle, just like yours," replied Jolly. "He's a football player. What does your dad do? Did he know about magic before your mum married him?" she asked curiously.[/color]

Kasey listened to Jolly and then remembered."Umm...Sorry,My dad is a muggle born wizard but he works in a muggle bank.I mean why does he have to?He has all th ewizarding education to work in a muggle bank"said Kasey her temper slightly rising at the thought."You know mu grandam is a muggle and my father a muggle born so now my Grany dosent like magic.My dad thinks that we should leave her and continue with our lives but my mom says we have to bare her.its my mom that has persuaded my dad to work in a muggle area "Kasey said her thoughts diverting to her mom.

"My mom is a DADA tutor and becomes very strict sometimes and her suspsions(sp?) are at the highest level with anyone but she is weak at heart.She is too kind and polite"she said looking at the dark blue sky and the sun was starting to come out, it was probably the first ray of the day."I dont like my grany.Now that my dad works at the mugle place and all he dosent use his wand sometimes it makes me forget that he is a wizard"Kasey said she was feeling like a mixture of emotions rise up and calm down in her heart.

[color=660000]Jolly listened to Kasey with growing sadness. She could imagine how Kasey felt and was sorry for her. "I am sure everything happens for the best," was the best piece of advice that Jolly could give her new-found friend. "Look on the bright side, at least you have a granny," said Jolly, lamely, walking over to the Owlery window and staring out towards the horizon, her mind somewhere else. "I have no one other than my mum and dad. Trust me, Kasey, things will change eventually...let's hope for the better." She smiled kindly at Kasey and couldn't believe that she had talked so maturely. For Jolly, that was very rare.[/color]

"Thanks for that"said Kasey her thoughts diverting from home back to school."they mean alot"she said as she smiled at her.Kasey watched the sun, it was now half above the trees of the forest."SO, who is your best Gryffindor pal?"she asked happily.

Miley hooted into the owlery,along with another owl both carrying a parcel and Miley carrying a lettr with her.It might have been the fastest delivery she ever made.
Hello Dear,

I know you wouldnt be expecting such a quick reply, the reason behind this is that I am not far from your school.I am at Brighton Village, doing halloween shooping, Christmas is far but you will surely get you halloween gifts. :D

I am fine and dont forget your mother too.whatever the suprise might be, I have a bigger suprise for you.I am sending you two gifts, both which you heartily love.You can see them for urself.Dad is okay, carrying on with his muggle job.Granny ahs gone to visit her friend Violet and for this reason I decided it was time to go for some wizard shopping.Bobby is at Dumstrang and i gave him the same gifts so dont be jealous!

You could dress up as anything you wish though I suggest a princess will be good and you already have the ball dress and the shoes and everything else to go with it.

I am happy to hear that you have joined teh Qudditch team again, you should have done it before actually.I know you cant leave without sports.I am enjoying myself at present wondering in the wizarding world, a bit of change you know while Granny is gone.

Take care of urself, now this is not a formalitie because I know how much you like getting into trouble.Concentrate in your studies, Best of luck for Qudditch.Bye

Mom.

[color=660000]Jolly nodded politely when Kasey thanked her. It was nothing, really. Then, Kasey asked her who was her favourite Gryffindor pal and Jolly began thinking. She had made many friends but she still did not have a best friend. It was hard to pick a favourite and she was sad she didn't have a best friend when most others had. She as just about to answer when Kasey's owl, Miley, swooped in again with her letter in her claws. "Whoa, that's fast," said Jolly, aghast.[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back