Thyme Chatwin

Bright l Botanist l Storyteller 📚
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Thyme had no clue what to expect when his letter for Hogwarts had arrived, although it was somewhat of a lie. His sisters both attended the school, but their stories hadn't come nowhere close to what he was experiencing. The castle breathed and smelled like magic or maybe it was just mold and old tapestry he was smelling. It didn't matter at all. The cozy fireplace that had a crackling fire combined with the various assortment of foods on the tables created the perfect mood. He himself was filling his plate with various breads, croissants and other goodies. He hadn't made a lot of friends and the whole house thing felt a bit surreal. What if he wasn't Ravenclaw enough, would that be reason for expulsion. How were they going to measure if you had enough Ravenclaw in you anyway. Too many questions were keeping Thyme pretty much awake at night. Not only the questions it all felt like a dream, one he didn't want to wake up from.

Kiara had been waiting to go to hogwarts for a while now so to actually be here was exciting. Sure, she might've liked it slightly better if she had been sorted into the same house as one of her family members but that hadn't happened and the only thing she could do was accept it. She liked ravenclaw though, quite easily felt at home in the house with the year just barely having started. The only thing she needed now was for her brother to show her around the school like he had said he would. Wandering into the great hall, Kiara looked around for any type of familiar face. When she didn't notice any she just sat down at her own table, shooting the boy next to her a shy smile as a way of greeting before trying to decide what she wanted to put on her plate.

He barely noticed that another student was approaching him and sat next to him. Only when he felt a pair of eyes looking at him Thyme looked to the side. She looked as young as he was and Thyme assumed they were sorted together at the ceremony. ''Hello'' He mused when she had giving him a smile. ''You are new here too, right?'' Thyme asked questioningly, he didn't want to offend the girl. ''I am Thyme, like the herb'' He smiled when he put a croissant to his lips to take a large chunk out of the top.

Kiara had always been bad with decisions, even one as simple as deciding what sort of thing she wanted to eat for breakfast. She was still busy weighing her options when the boy next to her said something, causing her to turn her head away from staring at the food. "Hi." She greeted in return before giving a small nod in response to his question. See? This was good. She needed to make some friends in her own house and here she was already talking to one of her classmates. Kiara let out a soft giggle when the boy introduced himself, quickly placing her hand over her mouth. That? Not so good. "I'm sorry." She quickly apologized, already feeling her cheeks flush. "I- It's just, the herb thing was a little funny. Not your name though, I like your name." She rambled in an attempt to save herself some embarassment, probably only making it worse by doing so. "I'm Kiara."

After he had introduced himself the girl let out a soft giggle. Thyme had no idea why, but she explained soon after. For Thyme it had been somewhat normal to introduce himself as a herb, well he wasn't named after the passing of time or something. Although it did sound the same. ''Thanks'' Thyme said somewhat amused. ''Nice to meet you.'' It felt weird thinking that everyone at this school was magical. He was surrounded by witches and wizards, he almost forgot he was considered a wizard himself. ''What do you think about the school so far?'' He said while taking another bite of his food.

Kiara was glad the boy didn't seemed to mind that she had laughed, completely giving up on her breakfast right now. There was no way she was going to be able to make that decision and talk to him at the same time anyways. "Oh, uh, I guess it's bigger than I expected it to be.." Kiara answered after thinking his question over for a second. It was one she was sure she'd get asked more often and even ask others herself, yet she found it slightly difficult to answer. "I mean I've been hearing stories about it for years but I still didn't think it would be this huge. I think it's only a matter of time before I get lost." She added with a shrug and a shy smile.

Although Thyme had also heard a bunch of stories about the castle they didn't seem to do it justice. The castle was ginormous and some hallways led to literally nothing. ''Yeah, the castle is gigantic'' Thyme laughed and although he usually had a good sense of direction it didn't mean anything with the castle. One minute a hallway had a right, the second it only had a left way to go. ''Same, my sisters are both attending already, but their stories haven't done it justice.'' Thyme told the girl. ''I wish there was a real time map, you can document the castle now, but the map would be obsolete in two minutes.'' The only way to solve that problem was by making it change when the castle decided to. ''If you ever get lost, just touch one side of the wall and keep walking'' Thyme grinned ''Maintaining contact between your hand and the wall.'' It worked with mazes and the castle was basically one at times.

Kiara let out a soft giggle when the boy laughed about the castle being gigantic. She had been prepared for it and her family had told her it wasn't unusual to get lost the first few days but she still found it a little intimidating to be in such a big place, surrounding by so many people she didn't know. "Exactly." She nodded when he mentioned his sisters' stories hadn't done it justice, continuing to nod when he mentioned some sort of real time map. That wasn't even a strange idea. Surely with so many magical tools there must be a way to document the castle, see when things change. Move. "I'll keep that in mind, that's pretty smart." Kiara smiled at Thyme's tip for when she got lost. It would look odd to be walking around touching the walls, but if it worked it worked. "Did your sisters tell you anything interesting?" She asked curiously, wondering if their experiences had been different from those of her brother. Or cousins.

''Not much, they told me the school had secret passageways'' Thyme paused ''They didn't want to tell me where, I should find them on my own, yada, yada, yada'' He said somewhat annoyed. The food at the school was nice and so far he couldn't complain about anything. ''Did you receive some top secret information about the school before hand?'' Thyme smiled. ''I wonder how hard the lessons are going to be'' Rose was always complaining over the breaks, Lynn didn't break a sweat on the other hand. He wasn't an overachiever and grades weren't telling the whole story anyway.

Kiara listened curiously when she thought the boy was about to tell her what his sisters had told him, only to find out it hadn't been much. In comparison to that, her own family had told her anything and everything. "Only everything." She responded with a soft giggle before shaking her head a little. "Well, they told me a lot. But not much concerning secret passageways and such. Although I'm sure my brother would point them out if I asked." She added, confident that her brother would happen to know where to find a secret passageway or two. Although he did seem to prefer outside adventures. "I think it depends," Kiara said with a small shrug when Thyme mentioned class. "Y'know on whether they suit you and stuff. Something you like should be easier, right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back