OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
It wasn't surprising that Emori was exploring the castle, wanting to discover the secrets that it held, and what better time to do it than right now, before the semester properly began. She was usually a fairly restless kid, and if she had to be indoors, she would rather be anywhere else inside the school than in her room. Which meant that the girl was on the third floor, having explored the floors below enough for today. There hadn't been many interesting things on her way up, so it hadn't taken very long to get here. While walking, a shiny glint caught her eye and the first year moved closer to it, and upon realising they were trophies with the names of alumni on them, Emori's eyes widened slightly. That was so cool! Without another second's thought the Slytherin opened the door, and entered the room, wondering why she didn't find out about this room sooner. Or why her sisters had forgot to mention it. Or maybe they intentionally avoided the subject. Em went around the room looking at all of the trophies, taking them in. There were so many, which was amazing, people were ambitious here it seemed. Then again, so was she. She knew now that she wanted her name on one of these too someday, maybe, and that meant she had to be her very best self at this school. She stood up a little bit straighter at this thought, figuring out that if she wanted to be remembered, to have either some sort of legacy, or simply to achieve smaller things that would lead to bigger ones, she needed to give her best in everything. Even in class, even if it wasn't always going to be interesting. She wrinkled her nose at this, she was only in her first year, why was she suddenly thinking like this. It must be from the adults in her previous foster homes. She giggled to herself and continued to roam around the trophy room, taking a mental note of the different types.​

Okay, so the school was huge. Nola was not prepared for the amount of walking she was going to have to do! She really wanted to know where things were so she wasn't going to be late for classes. She couldn't imagine having to run there and then spend the whole lesson sweaty and yuck. Of course, the tour they had gone on had been incredibly helpful, but it also was a huge school, and she knew she was going to forget so quickly. So, today was a remembering day, a day where she was going to remember where everything was and where she would have to go for her first class. The Third Floor. She was sure there was something here she had to remember! She just couldn't remember which door. Nola stood at the top of the hallway, looking at each door, before giving herself a nod of encouragement and walking confidently towards a door that she was sure had some meaning for some reason. Nola opened the door, her confidence quickly evaporating when she realized it wasn't the same room they were shown on the tour. But, it seemed like a very interesting room! Nola allowed her feet to walk her in, her eyes wide as she looked at all the shiny trophies. "Woooooowwww."

Emori was basically examining each trophy, unable to resist admiring them all, they were masterpieces. She wanted to do something great at some point in her life, she knew she just had to, for various reasons she would rather not ponder over right now. When she heard someone express how impressed they were, Emori turned to the voice and grinned. "I know right?!" she exclaimed, moving closer to her, seeing an opportunity to make a new friend. "These are all so amazing, I don't even know how people get awarded these." They must have been powerful...or something along those lines. She shared the same admiration as the other girl, if Emori could call it that for her, too.​

Nola grinned when she saw another girl there, and that the girl had moved over closer to her. She was always excited to make new friends, and the girl already seemed so friendly. "They're so shiny." Nola added, looking at the one closest to them. "This one says - Best Costume, Most Scary! Oooh I hope that means we're like, having a costume contest!" She said, looking back at the girl. "Oooh, I'm Nola by the way."

Emori nodded vigorously at the other girl when she said that the trophies were so shiny. "They really are!" she agreed, "I feel like I'm going to go blind just by looking at them," she added, and blinked a few times to prevent from actually making her eyesight worse. She giggled at the girl's next comment, "I have sisters at the school, and they mentioned various events! Like Halloween, and Dances, and stuff," she said a little matter-of-factly. "Nice to meet you Nola, I like your name. I'm Emori, but you can just call me Em, it's probably easier."

Nola giggled at the girl's comment, wondering how they stayed so shiny as well, before reminding herself - duh, magic! Her eyes lit up when the girl talked about the events. Sure, she wasn't from a muggle family, but she didn't have any older siblings or cousins to tell her about Hogwarts, and it was incredibly exciting to hear about dances and celebrating Halloween. "Ohmygosh, no way. That's sooo cool!" Nola exclaimed, looking back at the trophies. Now more of them made sense! She was definitely going to have to start planning her Halloween costume and dance dress soon. She grinned when the girl complimented her name. "Okay, but I love Emori and Em, so you've definitely lucked out there." Nola giggled. "Okay, so there's also like, top points earner here, but I feel like I'd have better luck with the costume department. Halloween is so soon!" Nola said, looking back at Emori, very excited.

Emori grinned at her new friend when she reacted to Emori telling her about the dances. It really did seem exciting, and the Slytherin was sure she was going to attend a lot of them in the upcoming years. Maybe all of them if she could manage it and wasn’t too busy to go. She loved almost everything at the castle and hopefully it would stay that way for a while. She giggled. "Thanks, I like my name, it’s pretty...unique," she said, settling on that. She also didn’t really care if someone did not like her name. It wasn’t her problem. Her eyes widened slightly. "Wait, there is?" she asked, feeling herself get more ambitious than she was. Top points earner in her year... "You think it’s going to be a piece of cake to try get top points earner with so many people in our year?" Emori didn’t know how many people were accepted in the school in their first year as some probably transferred or dropped out eventually, but according to Artemis there seemed to be a heck of a lot this year especially. "Costume making is so fun! I mean it sounds fun. I’ve never actually done it before. Have you?" she asked Nola curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back