Am I Really That Bad?

Angie Vanderbilt

OOC First Name
Lovi
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Sycamore Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Angie headed towards the courtyard. She had gave Andrea a note saying that they should meet at the courtyard after breakfast. They did not have any classes that day, and Angie wanted to talk to her. She wanted to talk to her about her holidays. Angie had not been feeling very well since she received Bryn's letter. She hoped that talking to a close friend would help her out of her slump. After Bryn's letter she had tried her best to do everything herself. Instead of having her roommate look stuff up for her she looked it up herself. Angie waited quietly and patiently for Andrea to show up.

It was a cold Autumn day and everything seems pretty nice. Well, for Andrea maybe. She had just finished three more slices of pumpkin pie with the exception of the two slices she had this morning on her way to the Great Hall. Andrea was a pumpkin person now, she doesn't know why but there's just something about those pumpkin delicacies that made her feel better whenever she's sad, isolated or even just hungry. Andrea was now walking along the Great Hall in hopes to find some of her friends. She actually wanted to find Damien for she had a lot of things on her mind to tell him though unfortunately she hadn't find a single trace. She figured that for now, any friend would be acceptable. Andrea had slyly grabbed two more extra pieces of pumpkin pie and they were in her sling bag. She put them in a plastic wrapper of course to prevent germs from entering it. She had hidden it in her bag for she was furious someone might caught her and report to her Head Of House that she stole two pieces of pumpkin pie even though that wouldn't be much of a crime and Professor Kingsley has more better things to do than solving a case involving stealing pumpkin pies. Later while walking around, Andrea suddenly remembered the letter Angie sent her this morning and quickly walked towards the Courtyard where Angie instructed her for them to meet.

Andrea walked in a curious manner as she made her way towards the place. Angie hadn't put anything about something she wanted to talk about. She just said on her letter that Andrea should meet her on the Courtyard after breakfast. Unfortunately, Andrea forgot but she hoped Angie was still around. She looked curiously on the room in hopes to find Angie. And when she did, she walked quickly towards her and greeted her with a cheerful yet ashamed smile for being late since it was way past breakfast. "Hey! Sorry for being totally late. I forgot about the letter." She said, as she moved some of the blonde strands that covered her eyes. This was the first time she actually had on speaking terms with Angie ever since holidays so she wasn't quite sure what Angie's reaction on her new dyed hair be.

Angie was starting to doubt that Andrea was coming. As she waited she read the letter Bryn had sent her in response. Mudblood. The word ran through her head many times. She still had yet to look up the meaning of the word. She did not want to ask anyone about it because then they would get curious. Then they would start getting worried about her. Angie did not need any one to worry about her. She herself was worried like crazy about Bryn. Bryn clearly hated her, and obviously she did not see things from Angie's point of view. She had been homeless on the street and she looked like utter crap. Bryn was not used to having things provided for her, and Angie was not used to working for things. She wanted to try and understand where Bryn was coming from. She wanted to try and put herself in her new sister's shoes.

Angie looked up to see a blonde girl. At first the person looked foreign to her, but then Angie realized who it was. She left the letter on the table and jumped up to hugged Andrea. "You look so good Andi! You have told me you were going to dye your hair. I would have totally helped you." she left go of Andi and stepped back to take a better look at her. Angie's smile widened. She sat back down and waited for Andrea to sit down too. She had completely forgotten that her close friend had been late.

A cold breeze went by as Andrea stood patiently analyzing Angie's features. The wind obviously indicated that Winter is coming. The thought made Andrea shiver a little. Not like she hated Winter or anything. Hate is a great word. She strongly dislikes the season, that's all. Angie on the other hand doesn't look bothered about the cold wind at all. Well, she looked really bothered but Andrea was sure it wasn't about the season. But that was one thing Andrea was sure she was going to find out. Sooner or later. Apparently, Angie had a huge problem. Andrea had never seen her look very sad. Mostly, Angie was always shining like a star. She was always happy. This time, however, it seems that she ran out of light. Andrea gave her a pat on the back. "Why do you look so sad?" She asked, her voice clogged with concern for her fellow freshman.

The minute Andrea eyes landed on Angie's sad expression, she forgot almost everything she had preciously done. She forgot the pumpkin pie she ate that morning, she forgot the exams that were coming up, she forgot that she had calluses on her fingers from too much playing guitar and most of all she forgot about her new dyed hair. However, Angie's face stared back curiously at Andrea when she first landed her eyes on her. Her expression changed though when she realized it was Andrea. "Thanks but I am not the one who dyed my hair." She said, throwing her an obvious look.

Angie rolled her shoulders back after Andrea had patted her. Her back had been hurting lately. She hoped it was nothing too serious. "Do I really look that sad?" Angie started to feel her cheeks and around her eyes. "I will get horrible wrinkles if I frown too much." she said. The expression on her face went from sad to worried. Angie wanted to make sure her face stayed pretty. She did not want her face to get any lines in it from frowning. She stopped feeling her face and smiled at Andrea.

Angie laughed. She should have know it wasn't Andrea who dyed her hair. Her new hair color looked very nice on her friend. "Well, it looks very nice." she complimented her friend. Angie folded her letter back up and put it in the pocket of her robes. She tossed her hair over her shoulder. She was excited to tell Andrea the news about her having a sister now. She was not excited to tell Andrea that the relationship between her and Bryn was very rocky at the moment. "What is it like being the oldest?" Angie asked curiously. She remembered that Andi was the oldest out of five. Which was probably much harder than being the oldest out of two.​
<i>
</i>

Andrea looked at her friend with lots of concern on her face. "Yes you do. You always look happy. What's the matter Angie?" She asked still concerned. Something was clearly up. "Then you should smile" Andrea said now happily raising both of her index fingers and putting it on the side of Angie's lips and forming it into a smile. "You look prettier when you smile" She said.

"Thanks" She said cheerfully. She was happy that Angie was now happy. Her Hufflepuff friend has always been there for her. Andrea figured that now it was her time to be there for Angie. Andrea raised an eyebrow pointing as she saw Angie folding an envelope. Andrea leaned back on the bench when Angie said her previous question. "Well, it's cool, I guess. I get to boss my younger siblings around and I get to tease them often. Although there is a really big responsibility in being the oldest. Why'd you asked Angie?" She asked.

Angie's facial expression went back to sad. "I was trying to do the right thing, but now I feel like I have done the wrong thing." she told Andrea with a frown. She laughed when Andrea made her smile. "Thank you." she said. She was happy that Andrea seemed concerned. It made her feel better. Angie sighed. She decided She was going to tell Andrea from the beginning. "Over the winter break this girl broke into our house. She was an orphan and she looked like absolute crap. I mean she was pretty, but it was hard to tell through all the dirt. My father was angry, but my mom said we should let her stay for awhile because she didn't have anybody. At first she hated the idea, but I was able to convince her to stay because she had nowhere else to go. After a week my parents decided to adopt her, and then BOOM. I have an older sister. Recently I found out she was a squib. Which pretty much sucks for her." she stopped and waited for Andrea to bang her on the head or something.

Andrea's face clogged with curiosity and concern at the same time. What's going on, She thought. Andrea planted a huge smile on her face when Angie thanked her. Andrea really wasn't used to Angie's current mood. She was always bubbly and cheerful.

"Oh."
Andrea replied queasily. "Is that why you are so sad? I mean come on Angie, don't you like having an older sister?" Andrea asked with much curiosity. She doesn't really know why Angie feels so bad. From what she had described, everything isn't really that worse.

Angie shrugged. "I thought I would like it too, but it seems she has a background. She really doesn't trust me right now. Maybe I accidentally rubbed it in her face that I can use magic and she can't." Angie pouted. She really did think that she would like having Bryn as an older sister. She never expected the them to start out so rocky. Maybe they could be building trust by fighting? Angie had considered several times asking her best friend, JazzyMae, about siblings fighting, but she had two older brothers. Not an older sister. The two were totally different. "What am I going to do?" she asked frustrated with herself.

Now it was Andrea's turn to frown. The look that was plastered across her friend's facade was really depressing. "Maybe you should just let her cool off a little. She'll get over it soon. I guarantee" She replied enthusiastically. This was a normal. Andrea and her siblings often fights. Mostly, because of who is the best basketball player on the team. Andrea's eyes bulged when Angie said something unidentifiable. "What did you just say?" She asked curiously.

Angie looked at Andrea. She was on the verge of tears. She did not want to embarrass Andrea by crying, but she was so worried that she made that would last her a lifetime. Angie wiped her eyes. "Do you really think so?" she asked. She was looking for reassurance. She wanted to know if Andi was sure that her new sister would get over her anger. "What am I going to do? Chinese is my native language." she told her friend.

Andrea's jaw dropped with a mixture of shock and concern. The thing with the big sister really upset Angie but Andrea didn't know what to do. Maybe Angie just need a little comforting so Andrea patted her back. "Don't cry Angie. I'm sure whatever problem you have with your big sister would be solved soon." Andrea said in a comforting tone of voice. "Yes. She just needs time" Andrea guaranteed. Andi's eyebrows turned way up when Angie announced that Chinese is her native language. "It is? Gosh, why didn't you tell me?" Andrea uttered with amazement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back