Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Cyan 💛
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Vine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
It was overwhelming just how hard Aion was finding his seventh year. He hadn't even stepped foot in the Great Hall since that day with Maddie, for fear of running into her or her friends. She needed time to herself, and Aion needed to study. Reluctantly, he'd pulled himself into the large open room for some food that was more nutritious than dried cereal from his night stand, and took a seat by himself at the Ravenclaw table, as usual, his ComC textbook propped up in front of a plate as he began to serve himself some bacon and eggs.

He'd not really eaten much at all, the guilt and pressure building up more than it ever had at Durmstrang. He'd considered that he would have been better off if he'd never transferred, but deep down he knew it wasn't true. He didn't want to talk to anyone, he just needed to finish his school so his life could properly begin.

His plate remained mostly untouched as he continued to flick through the pages of his book, but out of the corner of his eye he could feel the eyes of someone on him from across the room. Not willing to give in and take a look, his eyes glued to the pages of his research, hoping whoever they were, they wouldn't make a scene.

Cyan was an unknown it felt like, and while back in her home town her name meant something - here it wasn't anything. She'd done her own research on the important purebloods in the school. Styx's, Zippitydoos - she knew their names but when thinking of approaching the woman became suddenly intimidated. How would one even become friends with one of them? She supposed just by approaching, but if all the Styx were like the professor she wasn't sure if it was worth the verbal beating she could incur. After all, Styx was blunt, to the point - and probably one of the scarier professors. Cyan sighed slightly, giving a quick glance around the great hall. She needed more friends in general - would it really matter if they were pure. Of course they'd not be as good as her if they weren't but was that really an issue? After all, someone to talk to at this moment was someone to talk to - she didn't need them to be her best friend let alone damage her "pure-blood" reputation. The girl, whom was still unaware of the truth of her blood status, had based her whole life around it - but perhaps slipping away from trying to find pure friends through being sneaky wasn't such a bad idea.

Finally Cyan laid her large brown orbs on a boy who appeared to be around her age - older by a year perhaps - sitting by himself, a book out. She took notice of course first of the book and the subject. Care of Magical Creatures. Her stomach fell - that class was the bane of her existence. But perhaps if she had someone to help her... Without a second though the Hufflepuff stood, her multi-colored locks swaying with the sudden motion. Ringlets bounced as she made her way over before finally sitting down next to the boy and smoothing out her dress. The girl then leaned over his shoulder to look at his book, personal space obviously a foreign concept. "You're taking the class?" She inquired, though the answer seemed obvious. Her southern accent coupled with her vocal fray made it obvious she wasn't a New Zealander - though that never seemed to bother anyone. "I'm Cyan. I want to take the class again but I was good." She laughed. "Let's be friends." The Hufflepuff didn't care that her sentence seemed odd and almost juvinile - she was not one to beat around the bush.

Aion continued to look at the pages of his book as he was aware of someone approaching his table from across the hall. He finally gave in, glancing up to see who it was. No one he knew, and no one he remotely even recognised. He'd only been at the school a short while though and it was usual to not know students, especially those outside his house and year. Suddenly the girl was beside him, and although she was a little close for comfort, he couldn't help but realise how pretty and energetic she was, and despite his initial gut feeling that it was the wrong thing to do, he didn't tell her to move away. He needed someone around him right now, all he had was his thoughts and his books, and in his during the darkest parts of his weeks he couldn't say no to some human interaction. During his 6th year, he'd usually have turned to Maddie on occasion to talk, but that no longer seemed like an option.

He watched as she leaned over him to look at his book. "I'm taking the class, I want to research new animals one day" He explained, his American accent always more pronounced as he talked about something he was passionate about. Cyan, a beautiful shade. "I'm Aion, nice to meet you" He gave her a small smile, pleased that someone had the courage to come and talk to him. He loved the class, and would be happy to tutor a new friend if she were interested. "I could help you?" He offered up quickly. It would still be considered studying if he were revising while teaching another student. In that moment he had another pang of guilt flash through his stomach. He should have spent more time talking about the subject to Maddie, he knew it was her favourite subject. He glanced around nervously, his eyes scanning the room for the Gryffindor, but she hadn't come down that morning. Truth be told he'd been so wrapped up in his exams, that it was only now that he'd opened his eyes to what he'd missed out on, and now he'd let it go.

Cyan smiled at the man who she now sat next to, listening to his reply. "New animals? That would be amazing! Could you imagine what it would be like if you discovered a new species?" Cyan was getting ahead of herself and needed to check her energy. Her gradient locks were swept behind her ear by her left hand and she smiled a closed mouth smile, covering her gap teeth the best she could. "Aion. I like that." She said, before realizing his voice. "Wait a minute. Your accent. Are you American?" Cyan was ecstatic about the revelation, as she had only met two other Americans in her time at the school - and they were brothers. "I'm from Alabama!" She exclaimed with an obvious air of excitability. She was easily excited - almost always happy, perhaps that was the Hufflepuff in her.

"I'm Sorry I'm off subject. Anyways really you'd help me?" She asked, grabbing ahold of his arms gently, her nails contrasting against his skin, but the teen was careful not to poke them into his arms. "I mean... I would really like that! I need to at least have one good grade here - otherwise I probably wont be accepted into a magical cosmetology school."

He smiled a little as she thought new species of animal would be an amazing find, and he nodded in agreement. No student had ever said they like his name before, but he was pleased. He hadn't been born as "Aion" and instead it was a name he'd chosen for himself when he began at Durmstrang, he felt that it suited him better. "I am" He replied. He'd recognised her own American accent too, but didn't feel it necessarily to bring up. It was only when she mentioned it that he realised he didn't really know many others from the US, although considering Hogwarts was one of only a handful of magical schools, it wasn't surprising that students came from far and wide. "I was brought up in California" he added.

"Of course I'll help. If it's a subject you want to learn?" He asked with another smile. He was always pleased to talk about animals to a listening ear. Suddenly she grabbed his arms and he jumped, backing up a foot or so away from her in shock. He didn't mean to, nor did he mean to offend, but his own wounds were too fresh to be comfortable. Right now he just needed a friend. "Sorry" He said quickly, leaning over to close his textbook, "Cosmetology?" He asked, broken somewhat from his thoughts as he was unsure of her intentions.

"Oh California! That must be amazing. i hear it's always sunny, and there's a lot of good places to eat. Have you ever had In-And-Out - I hear that's the best. We don't have that where i live though." Cyan's deep southern accent while slightly drawling didn't hide any of her happiness about finding a fellow american. When the man questioned her about cosmetology, there was a sudden air of shock, followed by the realization she'd get to discuss her future career with someone who didn't know much about it. "Yes! do you see my hair?" She spred out the multicolored locks, and dropped the waves into place again. "I did this myself! I want to do magic cosmetology though. Changing hair colors, makeups! I think it's beautiful art. Of course I'd only cater to those right in blood." The pale girl spoke. This was the first mention of blood status Cyan had made, and it was subtle - to see how he responded. Of course her dad would be proud the way she weeded out those unlike her - especially considering the less mixed bloods she hung out with, the less likely she discovered the truth about her blood status.

Apparently Cyan was oblivious to the movement he just made, but at least that made it easier for him to play it off. "Sure" he nodded, as she eagerly began talking about his home state. He'd not been there for a couple of years, nor lived there since before he'd begun at Durmstrang. H*ll, he wasn't even sure if he'd even return there later either, but it would always have a place in his heart as his true home. His place of settlement. He watched as the girl played with her hair. In all honestly, it did look good, but Aion wondered how difficult that really was do to, especially when you knew magic. He was about to make a comment about art; that was something he could certainly get involved in, but drew up short as she mentioned blood. She was one of these people. Of course having a new friend was too good to be true. As she spoke, Aion began to tidy up his belongings. He had no reason to stay and talk to her if she believed some were better than others all because of the purity of the liquid in their veins. "Look, you seem, great" He said, sighing as he spoke, "But I have studying to do" He wasn't exactly subtle in his tone about her choices, but if that's the way she thought he wasn't convinced they'd make great allies at all.

Cyan didn't understand the sudden change in her conversation partner. She didn't know what she said. However She was persistent and so the petite Hufflepuff hopped onto her feet and stood to where getting past her might be difficult. "w..wait!" she spoke in a hasty tone trying to stop him from leaving. "What did I say?" She inquired. While she wasn't really sure she'd said anything wrong, it was all she could think of that would make someone find it socially acceptable to leave in the middle of a conversation. Her large brown eyes looked at the student's face, wondering if she could read his mind if she tried hard However she knew she couldn't. She'd never been smart enough for that kind of training after all. So instead there she stood, wondering if he'd even give her the decency of an answer.

Just as the Ravenclaw was leaving, Cyan stood directly in his way. She wasn't going to let him leave that easily apparently, and he looked her straight in the eye as his reply sat on the end of his tongue. He wasn't in the mood for this, he'd had enough with so many of the students here and if this Hufflepuff was going to make his days more difficult, it was hard to not lose patience. "Right in blood?" he quoted her previous words. "What makes you so confident that blood status has anything to do with a person. In fact, I don't want to know" he added, trying to move past her. He looked back as he turned towards her once again. "There's so many wrong things happening in this world, I just don't understand why another problem has to be made" He shrugged, "If you really believe that blood status makes a person who they are, I don't know what I give you".

The petite girl watched his face in confusion. "I'm only confident because that's what my dad said! People who have magical blood right?" She asked finally getting that maybe he was angry because both his parents were muggles. She didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. She just wouldn't be able to bring him around her parents, or do his hair in her salon. Frankly Cyan had a split personality - she wanted to be kind to everyone but she happened to say stupid, hurtful things because of her parents influences on her. Because of her blood status, or so called blood status. "Wait no! I like you though! I didn't mean to offend you I really didn't!" She continued as he moved further out into the empty part of the entry way. Finally when he didn't stop the Hufflepuff threw her arms around the waist of the new almost friend. "Wait I'm sorry, I just know my parents don't want me around muggleborns. You seemed nice!" She spoke with an eager air of want for a new companion.

Aion was slightly confused by the reaction of the Hufflepuff. Was it her opinion or her dads? He proceeded to walk to the Entrance Hall out the Great Hall, with Cyan in tow, listening to her try to explain herself. "What if I was muggleborn?" He questioned. He wasn't, but she had no idea. Was her parents instilled belief strong enough that she'd stop a potential friendship based on blood status? He couldn't really get his head around the idea that she liked him, even if he wasn't "of blood". "For the record.." he began, before he realised that her arms were around him. Her touch felt like a bolt of electricity, but it was hard to get free from her grasp in such a position. He could only be thankful she hadn't done that moments earlier in the view of the students in the Great Hall. "For the record, I'm a half blood." He finished, one hand on her shoulder, lightly patting it. He wasn't really sure what to do as the pair stood in an awkward embrace in the middle of the corridor. For a stranger, she had very little problem with personal space. "What do you want?" He asked, feeling as though he was talking to someone who'd not really had their opinions heard before.

Cyan was caught off guard when the man simply stopped, and didn't push her off. He just looked down at her and let her continue to be like a koala, wrapped around him. Cyan looked up, her brown eyes searching his as he asked her a question she'd never been asked in her life. What did she want? It was a good question. "I want to be your friend." She answered giving it little to no thought. She never really gave much of what she did thought, now that she was actually thinking about it. Like wrapping her arms around a complete stranger. Or telling a stranger mixed signals on blood status. Cyan's chin was neatly rested on the man's chest as she continued looking up, not letting go because frankly he was warm adn comfortable. "I kinda wanna touch your hair too." She spoke, offering a little more insight, even though it was only a little.

It was so strange, to be stood with this strangers arms tightly round him. He'd spent so many months, even when he was with Maddie, feeling as though he was breaking, that to have someone else hold him was quite reassuring. Satisfying even. Whoever this girl was, she was very forward and direct in her approach, and even if she wasn't sure what she was looking for she didn't try to hide anything. He gave a small laugh when she added that she wanted to touch his hair, and Aion looked down into her big brown eyes as he realised she was just happy to rest herself against him. Before realising what he was doing, he found his own arms to be returning her embrace. He'd spent so long with a physical pain in his chest, that the presence of Cyan against him was enough for him to calm down, just for a moment. All thoughts left his brain, willing them to stop their pressure on his mind, as his head leaned down a little further to close the distance between them, laying a small kiss on her lips.

It was only a few seconds later that he realised what he'd done, and if anything, he had more issues bubbling away inside of him than he had before. "Sorry", he said quickly, removing himself from her grip. Cyan was very beautiful, and she had an adorable smile, but he wasn't entirely sure what he was doing.

Cyan had not seen any of the next moments coming. The man she was wrapped around though was full of surprises. He moved so delicately it was almost as if they were fitting together. Cyan allowed her brown orbs to widen when Aion kissed her and while she wanted to close her eyes, by the time she was doing so he was pulling away. So that was kissing? It wasn't half bad - and though the man was only half blooded she could t help but think she didn't mind kissing him. "No apologizing!"She spoke quickly before standing on tip toes and grabbing his face to kiss him again. Yes. She rather liked kissing. Why she hadn't tried it before was beyond her. She pulled away herself and smiled with her teeth, something rare from the self conscious puff. "That was. Nice." She spoke quietly, a vermilion color rising onto her cheeks.

Luckily for the Ravenclaw, Cyan didn't seem to mind his spontaneity. Almost as quickly as the first time, Aion found himself entwined with this stranger, his hands brushing through her hair as she kissed him back. He let her pull back, and copied her smile. He would never have considered to be anything close to intimate with anyone he'd just met, but the girl in front of him was strangely attractive. Not just physically but emotionally too. He allowed himself a glance around down the corridor, a sigh of relief escaping him upon realising no one had come past them. He was glad for the lapse in thought, but as soon as she left his side the overwhelming thoughts boiled up again. He combed his fingers through his own relaxed brown hair, wisps falling back into his face almost immediately. What was he meant to do? This hadn't meant to happen, and it was only because he'd felt so alone that he'd allowed himself an opportunity. Not wanting to drag the Hufflepuff down into his own business though, he decided he'd keep his problems to himself. "We.. could be friends?" he agreed. He sounded like a first year, but he was just comfortable being himself.

Cyan couldn't help but notice while she'd always thought a boys lips would be rough, his were soft on her own. And that his hands were gentle not missing the strands of multicolored hair. Cyan could get used to something like this. The teen laughed when he said they could be friends, and while most people might have been hurt by the concept Cyan was perfectly okay with everything. After all she shouldn't become emotionally invested in someone who might not stay around long. "Friends!" She outstretched a hand for him to shake, a silly formality considering their faces had been intwined seconds before. This seemed to be a great way to start a beautiful friendship though, this Cyan was pleased to have met the half blood, Aion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back