alone

A

Anonymous

Evan had a busy day. He was still trying to get all his school shopping done but to no luck. He was tired of the hustle and bustle of hogsmeade and did not want to go sit in the common room. He wanted to sit and just think.

Early that day Evan had walked by the borely mansion and felt sadden a week into this new and wonderful world and there had been a death. Evan's blood ran cold at the though of the innocent murder of the girl. True Evan never met her but he was still sad that she had not been given the chance.

The world her to seemed to have lines wheither you were a withc or a wizard; pure , half blood , or muggle born; human goblin or houseelf: you were still labeled just like in the world Evan left to come here. He wished that the world would be different but he knew that that wish was hallow.

Now as silence surrounded evan and the darkness began to close in . Evan threw his head back and yelled at the top of his lungs.

He would change this world if it killed him evil would never prevail. he would find friends and they would protect this world and the muggle world with ther lifes

evan sat and listen to the forest

Pungahn stopped in her tracks when she heard a boy shout at the top of his lungs in frustration. She decided to investigate and found him sitting alone. "would you like some company?" she asked the boy.

Evan looked up and felt a little defeated " sure have seat"

"hi, my name is Pungahn, whats yours?" the boy seemed depressed so she did her best to be open and cheerful.

"It is Evan granger, nice to meet you" said Evan trying to get over being fruastrated.

"so what are you doing out here all by yourself" evan add.

"well, i was looking for Thestrals, but haven't seen any around. do you know what they are?"

Evan shifted under the question "No... not really." said evan sheepishly

"what are they?"

"They are... horses of sorts that are have scaly skin instead of fur and they have wings that allow them to fly. their most distinguishing feature though is that they are only visible to people who..." she lowered her head a little so he could not see her eyes. "who have seen death."

Evan felt even more uncomfortable he knew his past would some come back to haunt him but not never here evan began to weep the pain began to engulf his body he sat and could do nothing..... but weep

Pungahn realized that Evan was crying and sat next to him, placing her arm around his shoulders to let him know she was still here. "something wrong?" she asked. "you want to talk about it?"

Evan felt and knew he had to let it go"It was my brother he was five..."

Pungahn sighed. "my father, a few years ago. death eaters after him because he was an Auror. right outside my house and the window i was watching from.

"brother and i was playing by the river on a rickety bridge.. he stepped on a rotten board and was carried down stream. could not save him the current was to fast.

Pungahn looked up and was startled to find a Thestral staring at her a about 15 yards away. "you know, these creatures are nnot as bad as i first thought. they don't harm us, just scare us."

" i think they are misunderstood. they did not choose this path and yet they are here" said evan staring at the creature before them.

The creature came nearer and stood only ten feet away, still staring at them. Pungahn tensed. she was still a little apprehensive about these creatures, but was willing to give them a chance. it cocked its head to one side, as if trying to read their minds. "curios one, aren't you?" Pungahn said to the beast.

evan smiled and watch the creature as evan looked over the thestral he reach out , not touching but asking the creature for permission

the thestral nodded it head , giving permission, and evan stroked the creature head

Pungahn was reminded of one of her mother's horses back home. The creature looked up and Pungahn followed its gaze and saw another Thestral coming in to land.

Evan looked up and turned to his company and said "you wanna?" and then raised his eyes to the sky suggesting what they could do ... they could fly!

Pungahn smiled. she too was wondering what it would be like flying on a thestral. she nodded to Evan.

she stood up slowly, and cautiously approached the Thestral that had just landed. she waited for permission and it allowed her to pat it. the scaly feeling combined with its horse shape confused her, for she was so used to furry horses. after a minute the creature turned so its side was exposed to her. almost inviting her to climb on. she looked over to Evan a second before carefully placing her hands on the creature and climbed up, sitting just behind its scaly wings.

Evan turned to the thestral before him and it to turned it side almost like reading Evan's mind. evan carefully swung his leg over feelinfg the best underneath him . Evan took in the feel of the thestral scales and felt the heartbeat against his body he turned to Pungahn and winked and said "ready".

Pungahn smiled back at him before grabbing hold as best she could and steared him as though he was one of her horses back home. she gave a little nudge to him and siad, "take me for a ride," to her mount.

Evan bended down to the thestral and said "lets take to the skies". As soon as Evan Finished his statement the thestral took to a trott and began picking up speed. the beast the unfurled it magificent wings and Evan bend over to hold on. then the thestral began to take flight. with each powerful downward thrust Evan felt himself move farther and farther away from the ground.

As thestarl cleared the trees evan sat back to enjoy the view and waited for Pungahn to join him and to see this breath taking view...

Pungahn braced herself as her mount took off at a canter and unfurled its wings, beating the air and raising off the ground with ease. the initial takeoff was just like jumping her own horse back home, but the constant beating of wings she was not used to yet. she looked up to see the treetops whiz by her as she joined Evan in the sky. She looked towards the lawn. "i can only imagine what other students would think if they saw us flying and not the Thestrals."

Evan laughed.

"I am a first year and i would be running for the hills to see flying people"

Evan then Looked at the lake how it seem to glow no matter the time of day or night.

"so where shall we fly to , ladies choice" said Evan in mockingly like aknight as he bowed as best he could with out falling off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back