Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 12 inch sturdy Alder wand with Phoenix Tail Feather core
Lily was staying at school over break, and all she did was sleep eat and stare. No reading or anything. She was tired of being in the form or the common room and went up to the north tower staring across the landscape, alone with the view.

Saira slowly went up the stairs, she was going to visit her owl, Henry. He had grown big and strong enough to live in the owlery. The school she was supposed to be in started holidays next week, and so she decided to send a letter to her parents, to tell them she wouldn't be coming home for the break. There was a girl, blocking the pathway to the owlery. "Uh, Hi. excuse me."

As Lily stared out over the lake she heard a voice , a fellow first year . She looked around stepping out of the way. " Oh, I'm sorry. " Lily said with adult smile.

Saira thanked the girl and went on her way to the owlery. On her way back, the girl was still there, and so Saira decided to start a conversation. "So.. what are you doing here?"

As Lily stepped aside the girl continued to owlery , Lily resumed staring into horizon until she heard the girl once again. She turned around to face the girl and said " Oh, I was just admiring the view. Are you staying for the holidays? "

“Um, yeah. I actually went up there to send a letter to my parents. Saying that i’d be staying at hogwarts.” Which was technically a lie, Saira wrote that she’d by staying at “school” for the holidays, but didn’t mention which. Not that it mattered to the girl infront of her. “Mind if I join you?”

Lily smiled at the girl and said " Oh, won't they be a little upset? " Lily asked curiously. If she had the opportunity to go home she would've. " Sure! " Lily said with a smile. She hopped up onto the little wall and left space for the girl.

Saira walked to stand beside the girl. “Nope, I don’t think so. My parent’s aren’t home that much anyways. They won’t notice I’m even gone.” She said, smiling. She was glad that she could stay at hogwarts, it meant no “Christmas Dinner” for their “business friends” and no maids to poke her around.

Lily smiled back at the Slytherin girl " Oh , I see " Lily said . She wasn't going home herself either so she asked " Maybe we could celebrate Christmas together? Go get some Butter beer or something? "

Saira was sort of surprised by her invite. She had never been really invited to an outing before, especially on Christmas day. “Yes, that sounds great!” She said, excitedly. “Butter beer sounds wonderful.” Saira had tried butter beer once and she liked it a lot. “My name is Saira, by the ways.” She said, realising that she had not introduced herself yet.

Lily smiled excitedly, one more friend for the year. She smiled at the girl as she introduced herself and replied " Well that's great . I'm Lily . Nice to meet you Saira"

Saira smiled at the girl. “Nice to meet you too.” She said, wrapping her jacket closer to her as a cold breeze blew past them. “So why aren’t you going home?” She asked out of curiousity.

Lily smiled her thanks and sighed, " Well I doubt my father remembers me and my mother works? " Lily said looking unsure. Since they moved her mum didn't have a job, but she must've gotten one while Lily was at school.

It was peculiar for a father to not remember his daughter, but she thought it best not to ask, it wasn’t really her place. “Oh.” She didn’t really have much to say to that. “My parents work too.” Too much if you asked her.

Lily just smiled dull . She didn't know what to reply, so she decided to change the topic. " "So I guess we one thing in common so far, what else do you like to do? " Lily asked hoping it would lighten the mood.

Saira was glad that the girl had changed subjects. ”I like to take care of plants, paint and umm.. i like to play the guitar.“ She hadn’t played her guitar in a while, she was probably a bit rusty. “You?”

Lily smiled at the girl, she was impressed she had never known someone her age that plays guitar " Wow, well let's make that two things in common! " Lily said then realising she didn't specify what she was talking about " Not the guitar though, I absolutely love nature and helping animals. And reading" She finished off with a smile

”Oh. I have an owl, named Henry.” She said, smiling as she thought of her little owlet. He grew pretty big in the past few months and he could deliver letters and packages now. “He’s delivering my letter for me.” She said with a little hint of of proudness in her voice. ”You have any pets?”

Lily smiled at the girl and asked " Is he still a baby? " She liked visit g the owls. " That's nice, I use the school owls. " Lily said pointing toward the owlery. " I do, Let me just get him out of my pocket. " Lily said take g the pink pygmy puff out of her pocket. " His name is Fluffy. " Lily said while holding the tiny creature toward the girl.

”Looking at his size and strength? I don’t think so. I’ve watch him hunt a pretty big rat a few days ago.” She said, making a face of disgust as she recounted cleaning up whatever was left of the rat. “Oh, hello, fluffy.” Saira said in a tone similar to one most people would use when talking to babies. “Do you usually keep him in your pocket?” She asked, a bit curious.

" Oh, well that's a little bit... Uhm. Gross, don't you think? " Lily said with a little smile. She was happy with a pygmy puff, they didn't need much. " Sometimes. Mostly he just sits on my shoulder, but when it's cold I like to put him in there. I even put one of my mittens in my pocket as a bed. " Lily said stretching open her pocket for Saira to see.

“It’s.. very gross. But it’s okay once you get used to it.” Work came with owning a pet, and Saira just happened to have one that needed a little more work than most. Saira peered into the girl’s pocket, seeing pretty much what she had explained to her. “That’s nice. Too bad an owl can’t fit in our pockets, because if they could, I would bring them everywhere with me. Then again maybe it would be a bit stuffy for them.”

Lily smiled, sometime she wished she could do more Fluffy. She took Fluffy in her one hand and op-ed her pocket with the other and placed the little ball of fur on the mitten. It was cold in the tower so Lily suggested " It's freezing up here, do you want tonget some hot chocolate in the kitchens? "

Saira couldn’t agree less to the thought of something warm in this weather. “Yeah, that would be great.” Saira put her hands in her pockets to keep them warm. “Let’s go.” She said, smiling.

Lily smiled at Saira and headed toward the stairs " Great. " She said with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back