Alone and lonely

Kristen Hiwatari

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Kristen was walking the halls, keeping her head down and eyes trained on her shoes. Her arms were wrapped around her small waist in a form of self-hug as she just let her feet lead her. Her hair formed a veil between her and everyone else.Though she was in Hufflepuff, she wasn't cheerful all the time, how can anyone be cheerful all the time? It would make someone ill, being happy all the time. No Kristen was deep in thought. These thoughts were mostly centered around her Mother. She may say that she never cared that her Mother left her and her Father, But she honestly did mind, and for a long time she blamed herself, still does from time to time. Just being around those who have their Mothers and Mothers love, makes her think 'What if?' And then realize that there are no 'What ifs'

Hadan gracefully walked down the third floor corridor, with her black jeans and a black hoodie, with the hood over her head. She never really spent much time there, and thought it would be a good idea to just explore. Hadan spotted someone headed her way, and from what it looked like, a first year with hair covering the face. Hadan approached the person and asked curiously, "Any reason to why your upset?" Hadan knew something was going on, but then again, it wasn't really any of her business. She added, "That is, if you want to tell me."

Kristen stopped when she heard a voice in front of her. With wide, teary eyes she looked up to see a girl, slightly older than her, in her path. She had been so wrapped up in her thoughts that she hadn't heard anyone approach her. And when her head processed what she had been asked, she really didn't know what to do. "I-i..." she started, looking down at her feet. "W-what I m-mean to say is...P-p-please?" She really wasn't making much sense. The thoughts of her mother were still in her mind and had made her so very upset.

Hadan used her pale hand to touch the girl on the shoulder. She had no idea what the girl meant, but it was now confirmed that this girl was clearly upset about something. Hadan's red eyes softened to almost concerned. Hadan said, "Um, girl, that is making no sense right now." Hadan had never really connected with someone upset, but heck, she was trying her best. No sense in ignoring someone clearly because they weren't in the same house.

Kristen almost shied away from her touch but stopped herself, thinking that she was only trying to help her. "I'm sorry" She said looking up at her again, trying to compose herself. "I'm not good w-with people....and w-when I get upset...." She trials off, hoping the girl understood that she meant that she had trouble forming words when upset especially around people. Though she does try.

Hadan put her hand back to the her side. She never physically touched anyone for long. Hadan listened, and nodded, "Well, that makes two of us. I am also not good with trying to comfort people while they are upset either." Hadan smiled weakly, "So, to try to get off that subject that made you upset in the first place, why don't you introduce yourself to me? Then maybe I can try to help you with that issue..."

Kristen nodded slowly "My n-name is Kristen, I'm in Hufflepuff" She said loosening her arms that were still hugging her body. He was calming down rather quickly, which was a good thing. She tried not to think of her mother too much, for this sort of thing always happens...Though she usually runs away. This is a big step for her. "W-what is your name?" She asked timidly.

Hadan grinned a bit. "Well, that's some progress. My name is Hadan, and I am in Slytherin." Hadan glanced at the ground, before she looked at the Kristen. Hadan noted that she was in Hufflepuff, but she didn't care. She used to judge houses, but now she didn't. This wasn't going to disgrace her house, so she didn't care. Hadan said, "Well, obviously I'm not the best helper, but I also know that when you have problems, you have to face them head on."

Kristen gave her a hesitant smile, she thought that Haden was nice, not like what she had heard Slytherins were like to other houses. "F-facing a problem is hard, especially when you've f-faced it all your life" She admitted. Her mother had been a problem her whole life. Jut before she had left she had made her feel so horrible, so sad. To say the things she had said to a three year old is bad, especially when they remember it for the rest of their lives.

Hadan glanced down, and muttered, "I think I understand more than you know." Hadan summed up all the things she had lost over her life. She got her twin blown up. Her mother fell from a ladder. And her real father was never there, and now he is dead too. However, these things weren't meant to be said, yet. Hadan nodded, "I know it is hard. But all it takes is a little courage and it will feel better in the end."

Kristen gave Hadan another hesitant smile, fully unfolding her arms from around her body. "Thank you" Somehow those small words made her feel a lot better. And she did seem to know what she was talking about. Though she really didn't know what to say or do.

Hadan smiled at the Hufflepuff girl named Kristen. Hadan felt a bit warmer now that she helped someone out, even without knowing the details of the situation itself. Hadan replied, "No problem. Just look at the bright side...um, we are back at school." Hadan wondered if this girl was happy to be in Hogwarts or not. Hadan really was.

Kristen gave a warm smile. "I like it here, it's very peaceful" she said to Hadan. Hadan was very nice. "Do you like it here?" She was curious to know this girl. Oh the she had heard stories on Slytherin, but his girl was proving them wrong. She was feeling less and less shy around her.

Hadan snickered a bit, "Peaceful? Well, I cannot argue with that." She was never around drama, so it was peaceful to her. Hadan wondered why she was being so nice to people. It was satisfying to one side of her personality, but not to the other. She knew that with this year, she would have enemies. Hadan answered, "I can live with it." She shrugged, "It is a lot better than Durmstrang. People are more friendly." Hadan, though, never befriended anyone in Durmstrang. In fact, she was practically the one no one messed with.

Kristen nodded in agreement. "Yeah...though I'm too shy to really talk to people" she said looking out one of the windows. She too shrugged, not really sure what to talk about now. That is usually one of the problems with her, not knowing what to say.

Hadan grinned slightly, "I know that feeling." Hadan glanced out the window. This reminded her. She inquired, "What did you think of Slytherins before you met me? I am curious." She remembered being sorted into her house, and felt all too happy that she was. Well, at that time, she honestly didn't care. But now, she had great pride in her house.

Kristen flushed slightly at the question that she was just asked by Hadan. "Well...I got told stories when I was younger by my Papa on all the houses" She smiled slightly. "And I drew all conclusions from the stories. To me Slytherin was a horrible house, whose students were mean, crude, rude and bullied people." She said looking sheepishly at Hadan. She was none of those.

Hadan turned away from Kristen, and smirked, knowing that those adjectives described her, when she wanted to be. However, Hadan was never always as nice as she has been. She smarted off to a Death Eater, before developing a tight bond. Hadan shook her head, and didn't make eye contact and she stated, "Actually, most of those words are true." Hadan turned back to Kristen, "Every Slytherin, in my opinion, will act like that, but only when someone presses their buttons. Or if they had a bad day." Hadan added, "But people judge, and if you say that someone was something repetitively, then they will become that very thing." Hadan had seen it before...

Kristen nodded at Hadan. "So you must be having a good day then" she said lightly, trying to add a bit of humor to the air. She doesn't often joke, so this is a very rare occurrence. "I try not to judge people" She shrugged, "But it is human nature to judge."

Hadan laughed, knowing it was true. Nothing had really went wrong in her day, this day. Hadan replied, "I am. I'm not usually known for being a warm person, but really, I am just not really known." She remembered acting cold to Toni, whom she did not like whatsoever. "Sucks being human. Judging is just something people do. Nothing is really wrong with it, unless you act on it." Her red eyes gazed into the Hufflepuff girl.

Kristen smiled sheepishly. "I'm not known or if I am...I'd be known as 'that shy girl'" She said with a sigh. "Truthfully Hadan, I like you." She said throwing a hesitant smile at Hadan. She shifted on her feet uncomfortably.

Hadan chuckled, "Well, it would be rude to call you what you are known for." Hadan heard the last part, and grinned a bit, of course, unsure of what she meant completely. No one really had said those words to her, at least, not together. Hadan cocked her head to the side, and stated, "So, I suppose we are friends, now, huh. As long as you don't mind being friends with a Slytherin."

Kristen smiled slightly. 'Yeah I guess it does." In her mind she was happy, she has a friend. "And no I don't mind, you are your own person. The house that you in doesn't make you, you do." she said cocking her head to the side slightly as if thinking about what about what she said.

Hadan stared out the window, being odd that she befriended a Hufflepuff. She had never done so, and it felt like an accomplishment. Hadan said in a low voice, "My own person is a bit of a strange one. I don't think any of these houses perfectly describe me. Then again, the houses never match anyone's personality." Hadan used one of her hands to mess with her hair for just a moment.

"Everyone is strange" She said following Hadan's gaze out the window. What would her Papa say if when she tells him that she befriended a Slytherin. Ah he would probably be happy she made a friend. Kristen leaned up against the wall, it felt cool on her bear arms that were by her side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back