Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene was always working at these things, he didn't mind, had never minded. He didn't have a nice suit or multiple nice suits like some of the other boys and he really wasn't that interested in girls or boys. He liked people, had a number of close friends but he didn't have feelings for anyone. Certainly he didn't think he had the time for feelings, or the time to relax at a dance, which was not something he minded. Though admittedly dancing with Renata at the yulaball had been fun. Eugene had been at the dance since the doors had opened, capturing everything he could, and letting all of the couples filter in, and take their pictures. He was always on the look out for his friends, people he could spend a few breaks with, but hadn't yet spotted anyone. But it didn't matter, he had plenty more to be getting on with.

Renata didn't really have a lot to work with for the amount of events they had. So many girls were so fashionable, and obviously had enough wealth or skill to own lots of gorgeous dresses. Renata's family were not wealthy, having spent basically their entire life savings to move and re-establish themselves in New Zealand. And she didn't really mind, in all honesty. She had what she needed and some decent clothes she was happy with. But that hadn't stopped her agonizing over whether she could even style the dress she'd worn to the Yule Ball differently enough to consider it socially acceptable. In the end, she'd thrown a pretty shirt on with some jeans and hoped for the best. While that fear of not being good enough to be accepted would likely linger, she would just go to the feast and have a fun time with her friends.

If you'd told Renata a year ago she'd have friends, she would've cried over you getting her hopes up.

She immediately set to scanning the hall for people she knew upon arriving, jumping into a couple of group dances, grabbing a snack or two, and generally trying to make the most of it. There was one person she would have liked to see, though - she knew Eugene was always really busy even (or especially) at events because the yearbook wouldn't compile itself, but she did want to make sure he got to take breaks too. She'd been pretty busy with classwork, Quidditch and her cake project herself, but that was nowhere near the same level, she knew. Grabbing a couple of cups of water, she eventually spotted him and made her way over with a broad smile. "Hey, stranger," she greeted. "Big night, huh?"

Eugene got easily lost in his work, the time passed more quickly and he didn't mind being so focused on whatever task he had at hand. He never minded being busy at these events, he always felt out of place in the same suit, or well the same trousers and shirt combination. Suits were expensive and he was growing, so trousers and a shirt that he usualy wore for school anyway were better. Eugene glanced at who greeted him and gave her a warm smile, "The last one big night for a while," Eugene said, with a smile. He was glad to see her, it was always nice to have someone at these events to talk to, someone who he could take a break with. He usually tried to take a couple but it did normally take someone like charlie coming to interrupt him before he did. "How are you finding the dance? Better or worse than Yuleball?" he asked.

Renata relaxed a little, glad to have a moment to catch her breath. Mingling and dancing were fun, but kind of exhausting. She hoped she wasn't catching Eugene at a bad time but she suspected he might need a break and the yearbook efforts wouldn't fall apart if he took a few minutes off, surely. There were other students working on it too, after all. "That must be something of a relief," Renata replied. It was certainly fun, but all the work that went in to things like this she could see that it was nice to have them over with. "It's good, I think. I'm not sure why it's less of a worry to not have a date for this than the ball." She shrugged at that. She supposed the term 'feast' was less formal sounding than 'ball' anyway. "But I am a little surprised they do such a huge event for Valentines." It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it just seemed odd that such a romantic occasion would have school backing. Though there were probably a few relationships amongst the older students. "Oh, here," she added, offering him one of the cups of water. "I thought you might need a little refreshment, and I can at least guarantee this doesn't have Amortentia in it," Renata leaned in, a little conspiratorial, at that last part. She knew full well it was banned and the school certainly wouldn't allow such a thing, but the school was the one putting on the Valentines event so you never knew.

Eugene gave a nod of agreement, "The next step of the process will be putting it all together which is stressful for another reason," Eugene told her with a little smile. He actually didn't mind that one, he never minded the work, it kept him busy, but all the hard work would be over, the rest was just putting it all together. He gave a little smile at the way she described it. It was less of a worry and a bit odd. "Yeah I don't think my muggle school would've ever spent any time on valentines day," He told her. He knew that it was a little weird but he did like it. "It's good fun though,"

Eugene glanced at the cup of water that she was offering to him, and he took it gladly, and laughed lightly at her words. "I trust you Renata," he told her with a little chuckle. He held up the drink to her and said, "Cheers," he held up his drink to her. "To love potions,"

Renata didn't really know exactly what was needed for the yearbook but she could only guess that it was pretty full on, getting the photos developed, everything on to paper and making copies. "You've got this," she said, encouragingly. "You and your team will put out an amazing yearbook." Renata quietly wondered what being at a muggle school would have been like. She'd been to campuses before but not actually to classes, since they travelled around so much. She'd learned the basics from her family, what she needed, but it would've been nice to have been able to be a normal girl going to school. "I don't think Durmstrang did either," she admitted. "People gave each other flowers and chocolates sometimes but there wasn't like, a party or anything. It's...well, I'd say it's a nice break, but I guess it isn't, really." She idly twirled a strand of hair, looking around the room. She couldn't help but grin at Eugene's response. "Thank you. Salute." She held her own drink up. "And may we never need them."

Eugene could imagine her going from a celebration that was so muted you probably had to be in a relationship to even participate in this would make the world of difference to it. But it probably was pretty nice as a change, if a little bit odd, nice but odd. At the cheers he was sure that Salute had to be Rentata's old country's way of saying it and he laughed lightly at her retort before taking a drink. He sipped the water and was really grateful for it.

"You know, every other year we do a big roses event, you can send roses to people," Eugene said, there wasn't one this year, which was why Renata wouldn't know about it, but it was worth mentioning that Hogwarts could get a lot more interested in love and this time of year. "It's a nice event, a really easy way to help people feel loved," He added. He knew it was a little difficult to imagine or imagine to the right scale, but not telling her seemed weird.

Renata nodded in understanding, pondering a little about the logistics. "People send each other roses?" she asked, liking the sound of the idea but confused on a couple of the specifics. She supposed she could look into it later. "I think I heard vague mention of it at Heta Omega and Wild Patch," she admitted. Obviously since it was only every other year there wasn't any real discussion this year. It did seem like a nice way to show appreciation and affection thought. "I will send you one next year, then," Renata said with a firm nod, before quickly blushing when she thought back to the theming of the day and the implications. "Ah, I mean, to say thank you for making me feel so welcome here," she quickly added, taking a drink from her own cup.

Eugene nodded and laughed a little at her confusion seemingly going over the idea. "Yeah, the Wild Patch usually provide the roses," he told her, but it wasn't happening this year so she wouldn't get to experience it till next. But he was sure it would be good fun to experience it for the first time when perhaps a little older and more able to enjoy it. He didn't know why he blushed a little when she said she'd send him one, and just took a sip of his drink. "You can send me a yellow rose, since those ones are for friendship, pink is for crush, red is for love," he explained, since he hadn't mentioned it before and so she knew that he didn't or wouldn't mind getting one from her. "I'll send you one too," he said, "With no love potion sprayed on them," Eugene added with a little laugh.

"Ohh, that makes more sense," she replied, understanding crossing her face as he explained the colour system. She figured that there must have been a specific for friendship as otherwise there would have been a lot of couples and a lot more relationship drama than she thought there was. "That's really cool, actually," she agreed, giggling at the love potion quip. Quietly, deep down she thought she might have liked getting a non-yellow rose from someone like Eugene, but she would certainly be very happy to receive a yellow one. "Plus, you'll have OWLs next year so you'll be really busy. I hope you get lots of roses to show appreciation for all your work and for just being cool to be around."

Eugene was glad that she understood it, and knew the explanation had been pretty helpful to it. It was something that she would've learned when it came but he felt like not explaining it just didn't feel right. The teen laughed lightly with her and then gave a little laugh. "God don't remind me, I've never been good at exams." he got by pretty well in his classes but his exams were his worst point. "Even just one rose will help me feel appreciated," he assured her with a little smile. He finished the cup of water and then held out a hand to Renata, "How about a dance?"

Renata gave a light shrug at that. She probably shouldn't have brought up the exams, but it was too late now. "They don't matter too much in the end, right?" She knew there was a lot riding on them, but you didn't have to ace the exams to get decent grades, nor were your school grades all that mattered. Sure, her parents weren't exactly what you'd typically consider successful with average grades, but they were happy enough. At least they were now, it did look pretty dicey for a bit there. "As long as you have something that makes you happy." She finished her own cup of water and took his hand with a big smile. She wasn't exactly dressed for glamour but that didn't matter to her, she just liked dancing with Eugene. "Certainly, monsieur. Lead the way."

Eugene smiled easily as she took his hand and accepted the offer to dance. He liked dancing with Renata, it was like most things seemed to be around her, easy, fun. "Of course," he gave a little bow before leading her to the dance floor. He began dancing, moving to the music around them. Grinning easily at her. He wondered if people who came here and didn't have to work or had dates would spend the whole night dancing. It was probably a lot, perhaps even too much. He couldn't imagine dancing that much. But he was usually on his feet the whole time, so it was the same..he ignored his own thoughts and just focused on dancing with Renata. Enjoying his little break in all the work with a good friend.

Renata found she really enjoyed these moments of the school events. Eugene was mostly busy with the yearbook, which she understood, but she was happy he was willing to take a few minutes out of his work to chat and dance with her. She couldn't wipe the smile off her face the whole while. She knew they only had a few moments but that was okay. It was better than nothing at all, and she certainly couldn't monopolize his time. "Still going to work on it for Yule," Renata joked. She was an adequate dancer - not bad, but not amazing. But that was good enough, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back