All To Catch Up

Emmeline Windchester

Emme walked with Blake out of the castle. It was a rather nice day out and the sun shone rather brightly for the time of year it was. Putting down her sunglasses there were rested on her head, she turned to Blake for a moment a smile clearly on her face. It was just unbelieveable that he was here though in a way it was rather odd. It was the first time in the longest time that they were not walking hand and hand. Of coarse they weren't but still it was so much different.

Finally reaching the gardens, Emme walked all over to the first bright yellow flower that she saw. Leaning over and taking in the whole scent, Emme turned once more to Blake. "And I now show you the Hogwarts Garden" she said her voice rather dramatic.

It was a great day outside, or so Blake thought. He thought it felt absolutely great. As the two were walking to the garden, something felt wrong. Finally he realized it. They weren't walking hand in hand like they did all the time back at Hogwarts Scotland. It was different now, though. They had had to break up when Emme moved here, because neither of them wanted a long distance relationship. Blake had hated it, but they had had to.

Blake enjoyed his first view of the gardens. They were great, with all of the different colors, plants, and everything. "I love it," He said with a smile.

Emme jumped up a few times in excitement that she had actually found something that loved the garden as much as she did, well maybe not as much but close. "I swear I'd love to pick them all but then I would be so disappointed to come back and not see them here" Emme said laughing a bit as she skipped over to a big purple flower and took in the scent.

"This is a good peaceful place" Emme stated obviously. Seeing a stone bench close by, Emme went over and took a seat saving room for Blake of coarse. "So" Emme said not knowing what to say there was so much to cover, where to start.

"Yeah, I don't think picking them all would be a good thing to do," Blake agreed. He watched as Emme walked over to a stone bench and took a seat. He followed her and did likewise, sitting down beside her. He kept looking around the garden at everything, taking it all in. He wondered why Hogwarts Scotland didn't have one of these. They should have. "Yeah, it is," Blake once again agreed, when Emme said that it was a peaceful place. "So...I bet you missed me loads, right?" He asked, teasing. Even though he was teasing, he was wondering if she had. He knew that he had missed her more than he had ever missed anything in his life.

Emme smiled at Blake, as she glanced out of the corner of her eye at him. He seemed to be taking in everything, which surprisingly was a lot to take it. Though that was a good thing. As Emme turned to view the garden again, she heard Blake speak.

Turning to face him for a moment, crossing her legs. "Oh I missed you loads" Emme said teasing at first as she looked into his eyes for a moment remembering all the memories the two of them had back home. All the feelings arising once more. "But truthfully I did miss you" She said smiling slightly. "Did you miss me?" She asked hoping that he did.

Blake looked away from the surroudings for a minute when Emme answered his question. He looked into her eyes when she looked into his. It was like magic, the same way it had always felt whenever they looked each other in the eyes. He got lost in the 'magic' for a minute, then brought himself back. "Of course I missed you, an awful lot."

Emme's smile grew when Blake said that he had missed her an awful lot. "I'm glad we are on good terms" Emme said laughing at how stupid it sounded the minute it came out of her mouth. "Ok I meant I'm glad we are still friends" She added looking at the garden once more before glancing back over at Blake.

"I would have written you. You know that right?" Emme said wanting to make sure that Blake knew that if they really were separated at different schools she was really going to continue to stay in contact.

Blake couldn't help but to laugh along with Emme as she laughed at herself. "I am too. Why wouldn't we be?" He asked curiously while thinking. "Yeah, I know you would have written me, of course you would have. Who wouldn't want to write to me?" Blake gave a smile that showed he was teasing, then continued, "I would have written you, too. You would have gotten a lot of visits from Belle."

Emme was glad that Blake laughed a bit as her words twisted not in her favor. Sighing a small sigh of relief. "I don't know" She said not really knowing why they wouldn't be friends. "It's just some relationships end so pretty" Emme said smiling though as she pushed a piece of her brown hair behind her ear.

As Blake teased her, Emme just rolled her eyes. "Oh Mr. Gryffindor is a bit full of himself isn't he" Emme teased though she couldn't help but be happy that Blake would have written her as well. "I would have to send all letters but school owls. Chelly doesn't deliever male" Emme said talking about her very jealous kitten.

Blake thought about what Emme said for a few minutes. He was still thinking, looking at some flowers, when she spoke again and he listened. "Do I have any reason to not be?" He asked, teasing once again. Now that he thought about it, they had teased each other a lot back in Scotland. It was just something that they did. So why let it end just because they were in New Zealand now?

Blake laughed at Emme's comment about her cat, Chelly.

Emme was a bit surprised that Blake didn't comment about the first topic or comment that she had mentioned. Maybe that was a good thing, maybe not. Though as he made another one of his comments, Emme added another eye roll. "I could make a full list of reasons. Where to begin" She teased playfully pushing him a bit.

Blake gave a slight laugh at Emme's comeback. Then there was silence for a few minutes, while he sat and thought. It wasn't really an akward silence, or at least not to him because he was caught up in his thoughts. His main thought was about them. The two of them, together. Yeah, they had broken up when Emme moved here, but know they were both here together. Blake turned and looked at Emme for a minute, wondering if the same thing was on her mind.

Emme didn't care that there was a silence. The wind blew gently and the sun was still shining slightly, though too much. As Emme thought about classes, Ava, Abbey, a few of her other friends that had come here as well, along with a few other things. Her view was placed on a certain flower that seemed to have more than one shade of yellow in it. As she counted the shades she had a feeling that Blake was looking at her.

Turning her gaze to him, she smiled slightly. "What?" Emme asked letting out a small laugh wondering why he was staring and exactly what was going through his mind.

Blake watched Emme looking at a flower. She turned and noticed his gaze on her. He returned the smile and turned to the flower she had been looking at. A few seconds passed and he answered, "Nothing. Just thinking..."

Emme watched as Blake seemed to turn his own view towards the multi shaded flower that she was just looking at. Smiling to herself at his answer. "Thinking?" She repeated though she wondered what he was thinking about.

"So what are you thinking about?" Emme asked curiously as she continued to look at Blake awaiting his answer.

Blake was still thinking, not as much as a minute ago, but thinking nonetheless. Many thoughts were swirling through his head, and he did a somewhat decent job of organizing them. Somewhat. "Yeah, thinking." He stared absentmindedly at the flower before saying what he was thinking about. Without turning from the flower, he replied, "About us."

Emme waited for Blake to face her and tell her what he was thinking. Though even though he hadn't faced her, Emme was surprised when he answered. "About us" she repeated thinking about how they had just discussed them being friends only moments before. Was he thinking about it more depth?

Now Emme's thoughts were going around. She hadn't expected this conversation, but now that it was here she couldn't turn it down. "And what do you think about us?" Emme wondered.

"Well, I think that I'm a talented, good looking person. And you're alright yourself." Blake couldn't help but laugh slightly. He waited a few moments and continued, "Seriously, though.... I'm thinking about us and our relationship. The one we had in Scotland. I know we had to break up in Scotland when you moved, but now we're both here. So that option's back up. And I know you said something about friends, but we both need to know for sure.... where do we stand relationship wise?" He now turned and looked at Emme.

Emme rolled her eyes as Blake had brought his ego up once more. "I'm glad I'm alright" Emme said laughing a bit. Though when he became serious once more, Emme had a small smile on her face and listened intently.

She couldn't help but agree that she too had realized that the option was back up in the air. The real question was if Emme wanted to actually resume that relationship. There seemed to be no reason to Right?

Keeping eye contact she couldn't help but wish that Blake was just a bit easier to read. What did he want? "Well we had a good relationship back home when we were both eleven" Emme said making sure the word 'eleven' was known. You were my first kiss Emme thought but couldn't bring herself to say it.

"I think I still may click with a talented good looking person like you" Emme said teasing just a bit. "But the question is what you want to do There are plenty of new cute girls about Hogwarts New Zealand. Are you ready to be taken so early before you had your look around?" Emme asked her tone having a bit of teasing in it but still it was a question. Did he really want to go back out with her over everyone else that he could meet here?

What did he want? That was the question, he didn't know for sure himself. "Well, the truth is that I like you a lot. More than I've liked any girl before. And you were my first girlfriend. What do you want?"

"Do you think we would still be together if neither of us had moved? Would we even be having this conversation? We had no reason to break up, other than the moving.." Blake was still looking at Emme, he had thought about all of these things ever since she had moved.

Emme was hoping that Blake would make up his mind. That would help her decide what she wanted. Yet without a real answer he threw the question back in her direction. "Well I have to say you were my first boyfriend" Emme said thinking that first puppy love was always the best. Though she couldn't help but wonder what else there was out there. Blake had been her first and only boyfriend. Was it wrong to wonder what other boys were there? Though Emme wasn't sure if she wanted to take the chance to lose Blake.

Emme thought about his questions. "Well if I didn't move we would still be a couple" Emme said smiling slightly. "We wouldn't be having this conversation yet we would also not be in this wonderful garden." Emme said looking out at the garden for a moment before turning back to Blake.

"Though we both did move and we are having this talk" Emme said though her face broke into a smile. "I think we made a cute couple and I am willing to become one again if you want" Emme said her cheeks for some reason turning a bit pink.

Blake thought for a moment. He seemed to be doing a lot of thinking in these last few minutes. He wished that they were still together, that they had never broke up. But it happened, he couldn't change that. And Emme was right, they did and they were having this talk. He had plenty of thoughts in his head, and decided it best to say them outloud than to just think them.

"I know that there's plenty of other girls here, and there's plenty of other guys here for you. But I don't want to go find some other girl and miss out on what we could have together. I'm willing to become a couple again, too." Blake was suprised that he was having this kind of talk at only the age of twelve. It was almost unbelievable.

Emme smiled slightly as she wondered about this whole thing. When she saw Blake in the corridor she had not imagined ever having this talk. Actually Emme was pretty keen on being single this year. She was only twelve for goodness sake. Which type of girl had a relationship at twelve?

Though this was Blake after all. Yet when Blake said that he was willing to be a couple again as well, Emme's mind was made up. I guess staying single this year is out of the picture She said smiling though. Surprisingly this wasn't a sad though but happy.

"Well then I guess it's decided" She said flashing Blake a bigger smile. "Told you there was something special about this garden" Emme said letting out a small laugh.

"I guess it is," Blake said, agreeing that it was decided. He wondered how many twelve year olds had been in a relationship for a year, broke up when one moved, then got back together after the other one moved to the same place. Oh well, Blake didn't much fancy being normal, he prefered being... Blake. "And you're were right about this garden.."

There was a silence for a few seconds before Blake broke it. "Belle...?" Sure enough, an owl could be seen flying their direction from not to far off. In a minute or so, his owl fly over and landed on the bench between Blake and Emme.

Emme smiled once more before looking at the flower that had seemed to catch her attention this whole time. Wondering why it was so special besides the fact that it was different shades, odd, different, unique, like Emme. Thinking about the flower a bit she didn't expect to find an owl landing right next to her.

"Belle" Emme repeated a bit confused as to why Blake's owl had come. "I bet she's checking up on you" Emme teased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back