Charlie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
@Valencia Addington

Eoin had only vaguely recalled he had actually offered to take Valencia out on his father's boat sometime. He had mentioned to his dad, and it was only because of him that this was actually happening because his father had remembered the offer. The Everglow was currently bobbing pleasantly on the water just off the coast of Syndey, anchored not too far off the shore that you could still clearly make out the landmarks like the Opera House. Eoin was sat on the bow, legs hanging off the edge of the yacht and arms folded on the metal bars so he could rest his chin in his arms. And beside him was Valencia.

His father was busying about somewhere behind his back. It was only when the man suddenly announced that he would leave the two 'love birds' alone did Eoin lift his head, quickly snapping it around. "We are not in love!" He was rather quick to announce, the Italian flowing easily off his tongue. His father simply chuckled and vanished below deck without another word. Eoin watched him go before huffing, returning his chin back to his arms. "Sorry about him," he apologized, switching back over to English, "He thinks he's funny."

Valencia was surprised that Eoin had actually invited him out on the boat. She had enjoyed Eoin's company. It didn't take much convincing to her parents to allow her to go, which had also surprised her. It had been the first time in a while since she had been out of the country and the scenery and landmarks she had seen so far were beautiful in her eyes. She sat next to Eoin, as she looked out at the water and the scenery around her. Her legs dangling and her legs swinging back and forth slightly, as she was lightly holding to the metal rails. The girl felt a bit chilly, even though she was in a cardigan, but she didn't mind.

The girl's head whipped around quickly when she had heard what Eoin's dad had said, which made her blush a little of embarrassment. She watched as Eoin spoke to his father in a different language. "Oh... No, it's okay" Valencia says with an awkward laugh, the rosy pink colour still lingering on her cheeks. "Was that Italian you were speaking?"

Eoin knew full well that his father was just trying to tease him, it was the only reason he had just spoken English so he knew full well that both of them could hear it. But it was still ridiculous, he and Valencia weren't in love or anything like that They were just friends. She was about the only friend he actually had at Hogwarts. Not that he had ever made much of an effort to change that. It was just easier to be on his own with no one around to bother him.

"Oh, yeah, it was," he responded with an almost sheepish grin, "I barely speak English with my dad or any of my siblings. We only really talk in English when my mother is around because she doesn't speak it that well." And then she would just respond in Irish Gaelic because she knew full well that none of them knew that much of it, despite her best efforts to try and teach everyone. Well, except maybe Ciara. His little sister always had been the best with languages.

Valencia continued to blush from embarrassment. She hadn't expected Eoin's dad to say that. It was a wee bit embarrassing, she thought of the boy as a friend. Okay... That might be a little lie... She may have a tiny, tiny, tiny crush on the boy. But she wasn't gonna say anything. She did enjoy Eoin's company and he really was one of the only friends Valencia had. She didn't wanna ruin that.

Valencia smiled and nodded as Eoin explained. "Oh yeah, I sorta get it. That's kinda like that between my family and I was well. My mum speaks to my brother and me in Spanish a lot when my dad's not around. But when he is we speak English." Valencia explains, she smiles sadly a little when she mentions her brother. Her twin brother had decided to transfer to another school. Valencia looked out towards the water, rubbing her arm slightly to try and keep warm. "What do you think lies beneath the water? You think there are creatures down there we haven't discovered yet?"

He did notice the blush on Valencia's cheeks, but Eoin didn't want to say anything about it. He supposed he could understand a little why she was blushing, but it was embarrassing to mention. It was just his dad being himself and making things weird on purpose.

"That's cool," he smiled a little, "Though my mum does get annoyed about being left out sometimes, so she just starts speaking in Irish Gaelic. She has tried to teach us, but my younger sister is about the only one who it really stuck with. I know some words, but I'm hardly fluent." Maybe he should try and learn a little more to get closer to his mum. But then the question about the marine life and Eoin instantly perked up, straightening up. "Oh, for sure," he was quick to explain with a big nod of his head, "Even now we are still discovering new fish and creatures living in the deep ocean that humans have never seen with our own eyes. There are hundreds of thousands of fish and plant life I'm sure we've never even seen before."

Valencia nods as she listened to Eoin speak. "That's the same with my dad. He wants to be included in conversations" Valencia says with a chuckle. The face of confusion he always makes wondering what her mum and she were talking about in Spanish. "Have you thought about picking up and learning the language again?" Valencia questioned. If her father was speaking a different language, she guessed she'd learn it too for him. The Ravenclaw listens intently with a small smile as Eoin explains and answers her question. "Do you know what ones they've found so far? You're all into that marine biology stuff aye?"

"I guess it is understandable," he agreed with a small laugh. He could imagine what it would be like if everyone around him was chatting and he had no idea what any of them were saying and was just being excluded. "And I have thought about it. My mum still teaches me stuff, but there are just a lot on my plate right now. Especially now OWLs are around the corner." Technically he still had a whole year to worry about them, but of course, he was thinking about it now. But he didn't want to ruin the moment thinking about exams, so tried instead to focus on the girl next to him. "Marine biology is like... my whole thing," he did have to point out with another laugh, "But yeah, I always keep up with the news and new discoveries. One day, I'm going to be the one making the headlines."

Valencia sighed at the mention of OWLs. "Oh dang, don't remind me," Valencia says with a chuckle, as she tilts her head back as she chuckled, the cool breeze slightly flying through her hair. The girl knew she was going to be studying a lot more than she usually did. Sure she didn't like magic, but she still wanted to do well in her classes. "Late night studying here I come. Whoopie!" Valencia says sarcastically with a chuckle, raising her hands slightly like she was at a dance party. Valencia looked at Eoin as she listened to him as he explained about him and marine biology. "I'm sure you will be. You are pretty smart" Valencia says with a nod and smile, as she looked back at the ocean and the beautiful scenery.

It was hard not to be thinking about their upcoming exams, even if they technically were still a whole year away. But it was a big deal, doing well on these exams would impact their whole future. At least, the future in the magical world. Something Eoin still wasn't entirely sure he wanted. It would be easier just to drop magic the moment he graduated and never have to think about it again. "Honestly, I've already started studying," he admitted with a small shrug, "I want to stay on top of everything." While he might not care much for magic, he still wanted good grades. And then Valencia called him smart and Eoin softly smiled, feeling an almost awkward fluttering in his stomach, but he tried to push it down. "Well, I hope so. I know I'll have to work hard, but I'm determined. I've been dreaming about making the headlines for a big discovery since I was a kid."

Valencia nodded in agreement. "Same, I have been too," Valencia says with a small nod. She wasn't doing any heavy studying at the moment but doing a little almost every day so she was still doing good enough for her grades. She still wanted to do well in her classes. Valencia smiles as she listens to what Eoin had to say. "I think you will make it on the headlines one day. You're gonna do great. I believe in you. I think dreaming big and being determined about something is great." Valencia says to her friend, as she looks at him with a smile. The boy beside her was pretty smart and knew he could do it. Valencia stayed silent for a bit. "I wanna be an astronomer. I like to learn about the stars and planets. Maybe even also discover something up there one day." Valencia then says with a small smile, as she looked up at the sky. She and her mum always looked up at the night sky every night when she was a kid. She always continued the tradition at night when she was at school too. Always looking up at the sky in the common room for a bit before heading to bed.

At least Valencia was smart enough to already be thinking about studying and making sure she was prepared for the big exams at the end of the year. Eoin was sure that some people in their year wouldn't have even started thinking about it yet, let alone already started studying. But his thoughts about studying were quickly distracted as she told him that she believed in him. That she was sure he would make headlined for his discoveries in marine biology. And just listening to her say those things made his cheeks start to flush, heart fluttering somewhat in his chest as he tried to swallow it down. "Thanks," he murmured, "It means a lot to hear you say that." And he meant it. It was one thing to hear your parents say that stuff, but it was another to hear it from someone else. And then she shared her dreams with him and Eoin glanced up at the clear sky above their heads as he smiled. "I'm sure that you'll be great with whatever you want to do. There must be loads of stars and planets up there just waiting for you to discover them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back