All Our Friendes Want Us To Fall In Love

Keeva Fitzgerald

Pride of Portree Beater // Stubborn // Foodie
OOC First Name
Nichole
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
[adminapproval=#30200443]Keeva was struggling with apartment hunting, practice, and hiding the fact that she and Shane were intimately apart. The two had "not" been seeing each other for a few months now, and while Keeva was enoying her time with him, she was finding it harder to separate. She was also finding it harder to give excuses. When her father invited Shane over she found it hard to look anyone in the eyes, and in a way Keeva couldn't help but think her mother was on to them. However anytime she thought her mother was going to say something, there was always a distraction - Merlin was protecting her but she felt that was wearing thin. It wouldn't be so difficult, when Keeva could afford her own place, she and Shane wouldn't have to hide so much - though Keeva shouldn't have had to hide at all. After all she was an adult, she was eighteen already. They needed to loosen the reigns.

A game had ended about an hour ago, and Keeva was now lounging on Shane's couch, spread out after a shower, dressed in lazy day clothing - namely a yoga pants and tank top. It was always so warm after a game, regardless of air conditioning, or magic - she always felt hot from adrenaline. They had won luckily, so the brunette was in a fairly good mood. Cracking her neck Keeva looked around. "I should be going home soon." She commented, so Shane could hear her wherever he was.

Shane had been a little on edge ever since he and Keeva had taken things further in their relationship. Now it had become a regular thing which meant she was spending more time at his place, as she worked on her quidditch skills and continued to look for a place of her own now she had graduated from school. Shane had been finding it difficult to maintain his friendship with Keeva's father Cormac. Every time the man asked him about his love life, Shane would awkwardly brush it off and change the subject, and anytime he was invited to her parents home, he couldn't look her mother in the eye.

After their latest game, which they had won, Shane and Keeva were back at his place. Keeva had taken the opportunity to shower and was lounging on the sofa. Shane was in the kitchen straightening some things out when he heard Keeva shout something about going home. "Your parents aren't expecting you back so soon are they? I thought we could make good use your adrenaline," The man smirked as he made his way into the lounge and took a seat on the sofa. "Unless you'd prefer a lecture from your mother about how Quidditch isn't a career,"

Keeva smiled at her companion and rolled her striking blue orbs back into her head. "You are the biggest idiot on the face of the earth. I busted my rump out there I've got literally no energy left." The brunette let her head loll back onto the seat and eventually spread out as much as she could, head on the man's lap, toes pointed to stretch her overly sore calves. They'd been tensed the entire game it seemed since it was close and she was an anxious beater. "You did an okay job too of course." She teased as an afterthought, bringing a hand to give a jokingly condescending slap on the cheek - gentle as it was it got the point across.

"Sometimes i feel like you just want me to stay here with you." She remarked so Shane, still joking wistfully. After all she and Shane were merely friends who liked to drink together and blow off steam. Keeva wasn't sure she was looking for anything more, after all she was young and the field was open - and she had a career to concentrate on. Though, the graduate would admit the thought of being exclusive with Shane had crossed her mind - but she'd never bring it up.

Shane laughed at Keeva's response, he was all too aware of how hard she had played, she had done herself and her team proud. Keeva had come a long way since they had first met, she had been a good player, but she had worked hard and dedicated herself to become good enough to be a professional, now she was doing what she loved. "Yes I know, I was there remember?" He continued to laugh as she placed her head on his lap and he ran his fingers through her hair. "You kidding? I bossed it as usual, how many goals were scored against me again?" Shane asked smirking at her. It had been none, of course.

"Maybe I do," Shane shrugged his shoulders turning his head to watch her as she stretched out. Of course he wouldn't admit it but he didn't want her go. "You don't have to rush off do you?" Shane asked slowly stroking his fingers through her hair.

"Were you there? I guess I didn't notice over how awesome I was doing." She teased cockily, flexing her arms as if they weren't still small. After all she was an endomorph body type - she toned rather than bulking up like some other players - which she was graceful for. After all lookin dainty and hitting like a truck was quite the interesting contrast in her mind. The brunette continued to smile, resting her arms at her sides now, blue eyes closed as his fingers toyed with her waves. She loved nothing more than to have her hair played with; the sensation even gave her goosebumps - even if she wouldn't admit it was from that.

Keeva's eyes opened suspiciously when he commented that maybe he didn't want her to leave. It seemed to Keeva that more and more they were spending full nights together when she should have gone home. And though she'd never admit it laying in her bed alone wasn't the same. "Shane." She spoke with a small inkling of her emotions - skepticism. "Remember how we were just friends? We agreed casual right... Are you... Still happy with that?" She inquired, the question enough to make her heart race.

Shane laughed and fiend a knife being stabbed in his heart. "Oh you are funny Miss Fitzgerald," He nudged her gently. He had a habit of watching her more than he should during their games, so he knew exactly how good she had been, and she had been amazing."Can we not both be awesome?" Shane asked trying not to laugh. It went quiet between them for a little while when suddenly Keeva broke the silence by saying his name. "Hmm?" Shane mumbled in response. He was a little nervous about what she said, what was she getting at by talking about their current relationship, was it not enough for her? Did she want out? "Uhm, yeah I'm happy, I mean if I'm being honest,
I'd like more," Shane took a sharp intake of breath, if Keeva wasn't on the same wavelength, things would go south fast.

Keeva laughed at his dramatics. He was quite something, the way he pretended to be hurt - when Keeva was sure she was not able to hurt his feelings if she tried. That idea changed quickly though when she realized that he had emotions. The statement hit her ears but if she were honest she wondered if she was just overthinking his comment. Did he just mean that he wanted to see her more frequently, or did he mean to see her as something... more.

Keeva hadn't been in a relationship before that was really official, she'd not seen the point in it. After all she watched her friends get their hearts broken - and subsequently broke their exes in any way necessary. The pugnacious teen was never interested in the risk. However when she looked up into Shane's striking blue orbs it seemed like maybe the risk wasn't so bad. Maybe... this wouldn't be a risk. "You mean like... Dating? Like going out to dinner in another country so my parents don't murder you...?" She inquired. The eighteen year old felt butterflies as she anticipated the answers.

Shane really didn't know what to say, he couldn't get a read on Keeva, if what he was thinking would backfire on him or not, but he was already in too deep. Shane did want something more from Keeva, he wasn't ready to tell her parents about them but what he did want was for there to be something to tell them. He had no business being in a relationship as young as Keeva, but she was here, she held a certain level of interest in him, so he must have had some chance. ""Well yes, I think we should date," Shane paused hoping for some kind of reaction from her. "I mean, I like my face so maybe we don't tell your parents until like, I dunno, ever," Shane laughed nervously. "I know, I blew it," He sighed, half expecting Keeva to stand up and walk out.

Keeva narrowed her eyes at Shane as he spoke. He wanted to date her? Exclusively her? The girl who swore too much adn got into bar fights? Why did he want to date her and no one else? She was young and he could find a way more beautiful woman in his age range. Keeva felt her heart beat quicken at the idea that she was being picked - regardless of her very tough exterior. Shane wasn't afraid of the fact she could get a bit mean when tested, or violent when provoked. The brunette averted her gaze a small amount, then it was back on him. "If we date i still want to be able to go out with my friends. And don't expect me to order salads if we eat out - you've already seen me eat and know i like to talk with my mouth full sometimes." She explained. "But... I... Like you. And you're a good kisser. So... Let's date." She said still not looking at Shane all the way.

Shane realised he was holding his breath which he slowly exhaled as Keeva began to talk. It sounded like she was running through a list of demands and conditions on which they could date. Though as she said them they were nothing he would have made her do anyway. She was a young woman, of course she was going to go out with her friends, as for her eating habits, he didn't mind what she ate that was on her, though he didn't exactly hold her gaze while she talked with a full mouth. "I have no intention of making you do anything, or change anything about you, I like you for you." Shane smiled when she called him a good kisser, then she said it, she wanted to date him too. He grabbed her face and pulled her toward him and kissed her.

Keeva nodded at Shane's words, pondering them briefly. What was she supposed to do or say next to conclude this? It didn't matter because Shane closed the deal with a kiss, and the girl accepted happily. Her first relationship was not an expected one - but what more could she ask? He enjoyed the same things as she did, and he was not approved of by her parents - it was almost like a less fancy fairy tale.

END

Users who are viewing this thread

Back