Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Demi
Wand
Straight 9 inch springy Willow with unicorn hair core
Lucas was still a little shocked after his encounter with Eli. He was looking for Einar, but also for Hyun, and he happened to stumble on one of the two first. He bit his lip and hurried up to the boy. He was surprised again by the height difference, smiling shyly as he came up. "Hyun, hey, hold up, can we talk for a minute?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck a little shyly and looking down at the other boy. Merlin, Lucas was never going to get used to being tall. He'd shot up so drastically, he felt gangly and awkward.

It was his second year at Ilvermorny which meant that he needed to start thinking about Quidditch try-outs again. And he was planning on trying out again if only so he could continue to throw quaffle's at Adam and pretend it was on accident. He was pulled out of thoughts by a familiar voice as he wandered the hallways, a smile on his face as he turned to greet Lucas. But he paused, blinking as he suddenly at to look up to see the other fifth year. "Damn dude, you got tall," was what instead came out of his mouth with a laugh instead of any sort of normal greeting. "But yeah, sure. What do you want?"

Lucas smiled shyly as the boy commented on his height. "Yeah, growth spurt," he chuckled, brushing a hand through his hair. He swallowed nervously. "Quidditch practice. Are you going?" He asked shyly. "I just saw Eli, I think he's going to keep Adam in check a little and let us back on the team."

"Yeah, apparently," he just laughed, still finding it quite amusing how much the other guy had shot up. But then he asked about Quidditch and Hyun folded his arms. "You do know that Adam couldn't actually just kick you off the team because he doesn't like you, right? You didn't need permission to be back on the team." That was not how it worked no matter how much Adam grandstanded about being able to remove anyone he wanted. "But yeah, I was planning on trying out again. It's only one year with that jerk."

Lucas smiled shyly, shaking his head and feeling a little sheepish. "I thought they could. Neither of them have ever really liked me," he admitted softly. He hesitated as Hyun said it was only a year. "They're both graduating?" he asked. "I didn't realize. Does that mean Aj will be captain next year?" he mused.

"Nah, you heard what Dominic said. Players keep their spots and alternates have first dibs on open positions. Adam can't do anything to change that no matter how much he hates you." And probably him as well, if he were being honest. It wouldn't surprise Hyun in the slightest as he supposed he had chucked a quaffle at his face that one time and kept challenging his stupid authority complex. But it also surprised him that Lucas apparently had no idea how old everyone else was. "Uh... I'm pretty sure everyone else on the team are in seventh year this year. They're all graduating."

Lucas's brow furrowed. He guessed Dominic had said that, but... Lucas had just been upset he'd left the team to someone as toxic as Adam. His gut twisted as he realized everyone would be gone mostly. His shoulders slumped and he looked away, dejected. "Hyun, I- I don't think Einar is coming back to the team," he admitted softly, rubbing his arm. "I... I feel like it's my fault, I... I'm worried I pushed him out, I didn't mean to- I didn't want to-" Lucas bit his lip, upset, glancing over to Hyun with tears in his eyes.

It would be weird next year not to have the usual suspects around at try-outs and practices, but it also meant that Hyun was most likely looking at one of the next Co-Captains of the team, even if Lucas didn't realize it himself. And boy would it be amusing to have to watch Adam had over being a Captain to someone he hated. Not that it was hard as he apparently hated everyone. But then he frowned at the news Einar wasn't coming back. "Hey. No. It's not your fault. It's Einar's decision if he doesn't want to come back and, honestly, I don't blame him. I'm actually surprised you're willing to play under Adam. But don't think for a second that Einar choosing not to come back is your fault."

Lucas sighed, shifting a little on his feet. "I, um, Einar... Einar says he wants to focus on his art," he smiled softly. "His art is really good, I think he could have a career with it," He blushed a little thinking of Einar. He would need to go check on the boy after quidditch practice, and part of it was to see how Einar was doing, but another part was just because Lucas wanted to see him. "I know... I know Adam and Eli don't really like me, I just... I love to play. I know I joined in the first place so I could go with Einar when he left the school, but... I don't know, I like to think I'm actually good sometimes," he laughed nervously. "Do you think we'll get along with a new chaser? It's probably you and me," he mused.

Hyun smiled a little, "Well, it's good that he seemed to know what he wants to do with his life." Unlike some people, Hyun included. His parents probably wanted him to work at the Ministry or do something with his piano skills, but Hyun was not all too sure that he wanted to do any of that. And he knew that he would really need to start thinking about this kind of stuff as he got ever older and graduation was getting scarily closer. "But it's good you're coming back. It would have been lame without you. As for the new chaser... so long as they aren't another Adam incarnate then I'm sure It'll be fine."

Lucas nodded softly. "It is good. I'm really proud of him," He smiled warmly. "Einar is really a great guy," He added, ignoring the light flush to his cheeks. He laughed lightly at Hyun's comment about the new chaser. "At least I'm tall enough now I can knock the new guy over if he starts being a jerk," he joked lightly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Hyun raised his brow, almost convinced to just tell Lucas to kiss the guy already. It was obvious from the way he talked about him that it was probably more than just a friendship brewing. But he decided against it, keeping the comment to himself as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Think you're tall enough to knock Adam over as well. Might consider giving that a try." It sure would be interesting to see Adam knocked on his ass. Maybe it would make him think twice about being such a massive d**k, but Hyun doubted it.

Lucas laughed at Hyuns comment, shaking his head. "I'd rather not test him this year. I don't think Eli can completely stop him from throwing me from the team." He joked, rubbing the back of his neck. "Do you wanna go for some lunch? I'm starving. And with the twin terrors ruling the team we might want to try and band together a bit just to survive their rule,"' he offered, giving Hyun a shy smile.

"Maybe Eli couldn't, but I bet a professor could," Adam could argue that he was king of the team and could do whatever he wanted with it, but there were still limits. But maybe it was better not to get a Professor involved with the whole thing. If it became too much work and there were too many problems the school might just close the Quidditch team down. And that was not what Hyun wanted. "But sure, lunch sounds good," he could go for a bite to eat right about then, "But twin terrors? I haven't found Eli that bad."

Lucas frowned a bit, shaking his head. "I wouldn't want to get a Professor involved. Adam seems like the type to hold grudges," he chuckled nervously. He started to walk, waiting to make sure Hyun was moving too. He shook his head as Hyun mentioned Eli not being as bad. "I'm sorry, you might be right. My personal experience has been that they've both been really rather hostile towards me in the past. I've found its safest for me to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised by the best," He laughed lightly, running a hand through his shaggy hair.

Hyun simply shrugged a shoulder. "So? One more year and then you'll likely never even see him again." Which did sound rather preferable. Hyun wasn't sure he would want to bump into Adam again once they had both graduated. Either way, he simply shrugged the strap of his bag a little more comfortably over his shoulder as he followed Lucas, staying just a step behind the other boy. "But really? Wouldn't really say that is the best way to go about things. Most people aren't going to be outright jerks to you right off the bat."

Lucas hesitated at Hyun's statements. "Maybe. My experience has always been otherwise." He spoke softly, thinking of his brothers. Of his parents. Einar was really the only one that had ever been nice to him. Well, him and Aunt Cassi, but Aunt Cassi was gone so often. He let Hyun follow after him, slowing down so they were walking together.

That statement did not really fill him with much joy, giving the other fifth year and concerned look for a moment. Maybe he was some sort of bully magnet or something. He supposed Lucas did have that soft look about him which would draw in the bullies who thought they could get an easy picking. "Well, maybe you should get a new outlook on things. New height and look, new you?"

Lucas considered Hyun's words. "I... suppose I could ask my aunt to teach me some self defense. She's like a master in hand to hand fighting." He mused. It could be interesting. His brothers had graduated, and he wasn't living with them anymore, but they were also the types to hold grudges. He laughed lightly, looking to Hyun. "Hey, think we'll win against Beauxbatons this year?" He asked, curious.

Hyun raised a brow in surprise when Lucas seemed to take his words as 'learn how to punch people'. Not really the angle he had been going for. "I mean, not really what I was thinking, but it could work," Adam might think twice about being himself if Lucas didn't mind punching someone. But then the conversation switched to Quidditch, something he was far more comfortable talking about. "Of course we will," he laughed with a nod, "I have hope in... well... Hope."

Lucas chuckled. "Hope in Hope, I like that," he laughed. He stuck his hands in his pockets, walking along quietly a moment. "Hey, Hyun, what got you into Quidditch in the first place?" He asked, curious to know more about his teammate. He had always liked Hyun anyway, the few times they'd talked. He ran his hand through his hair, wondering idly if he should find Einar and bring him to lunch too.

Hyun did also have to laugh a little, "It should be our new Quidditch slogan. We have hope in Hope." Though he was joking completely about that one, it sounded completely ridiculous and he wasn't all too sure that Hope would even approve of such a thing. Though his thoughts about that were cut off when Lucas suddenly asked how he had gotten into Quidditch. "I don't know. Just sort of... started playing because it was something to do and enjoyed it."

Lucas laughed lightly. "We could put it on a banner, hang it up during practice," he laughed lightly. He nodded as Hyun told him why he joined. "That's fair. I'm enjoying it more than I expected myself," he smiled softly. He was surprised with how much he enjoyed the game.

He laughed a little himself, "Yeah, I don't think Hope would appreciate that too much." At least, Hyun knew he wouldn't really like to arrive at practice to find they had put up a banner with some stupid play on his own name up. Why did you end up joining the team then? Was it because of Einar?"

Lucas smiled, pleased that he had made Hyun laugh. He blushed a little at the question. But he decided that if Hyun could give an honest answer, so could he. And besides, Hyun was probably the only friend he had that wasn't Einar. "Partly. He was my only friend for a long time, I don't like it when we're apart for long. I didn't like it when he left the school for away games and I couldn't support him." He hesitated a moment. "My brothers bullied me," He admitted softly. "They've both graduated now. Einar always protected me. It was... Pretty bad. I ran away from home. Einar came to Maine from Alaska to find me. My aunt Cassi found out, found out about my life at my parents house. She took me, I live with her now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back