Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
The last minute invitation to Yule Ball had been a surprise to Merrill, but definitely not a bad one. Thank-fully she already had a dress. This was her first year attending the dance with a date. She had meant to go with Lucas when they were dating, but the two decided that a night just hanging out by themselves was a better use of their time. Not wanting to be anywhere near Evelyn that day Merrill had opted to get ready for the ball in one of the bathrooms on the lower floor so she had asked Chacen to meet her at the doors to the great hall. She was eager to see how he cleaned up. After the head mistresses announcement music began to flow from the other side of the doors. I hope I'm not a total spaz on the dance floor. Please just let me have one good date. she begged whatever being might be listening. Merrill nervously twirled one of her curls around her finger as she waited. Chacen was the first guy she actually kind of liked since Lucas, and since he had asked her she hoped maybe he kind of liked her as well.

Chacen Zhefarovich didn't think he would jump right back into the school events like he had, just upon his return. He managed to talk to Merrill, who was a year below him. Just thinking about her made him a little nervous, so this must be what they call a crush. Chacen never knew what it felt like, but he was always told that girls crushed on him. He was used to it with his good looks. Chacen finished placing his jacket over his collared shirt. His dad was right, he did look smashing. He smiled as he made his way from the dorms. As soon as he arrived at the doors, he saw Merrill there, waiting for him. She certainly looked good. He approached her, bowing slightly, "You look stunning, Merrill." A part of him thought that he could not compare to her beauty, but then again, he likely could. Veela genes really helped him out.

Merrill was still fretting a little when she looked up, and saw Chacen coming down the stairs. She couldn't help but feel the corners of her mouth turn up into a smile at the sight of him. Suddenly all of the nervousness she had been feeling disappeared. All that mattered was that they were here together to have a fun night. Her cheeks flushed red when he called her stunning. No one had ever complimented her like that before, and it made the teens stomach do somersaults. "Thank-you. You're looking fantastic yourself, Pretty Boy." Merrill complimented back. She held out her arm for him to take as they walked into the hall. It was beautifully decorated as always. The house elves always outdid themselves. "Want to start with a dance?" she asked.

Chacen was, thankfully, taught how to be a proper gentleman. Vincent was definitely the role model. The Gryffindor chuckled at the comment of him being a pretty boy. Well, he definitely was. "It is rather natural," Chacen ran his fingers through his blonde hair. Chacen was also thankful that he had confidence enough not to be nervous. He gently took her arm within his own, and led her toward the dance floor. "I learned most of my moves from Beauxbatons. I hope you can keep up," teased the Gryffindor as he smiled toward her. Chacen enjoyed being back in the school, and as soon as he came back, he got to visit some pretty girls, and even out at the ball with a pretty one. Chacen wondered if his cousin Gavin was here too, but he doubted it. The Ravenclaw was too shy to have a date.

Merrill laughed, and shook her head at Chacen's confidence. It was refreshing to meet someone who who was confident in themselves, but managed not to be a huge jerk about it. "Ooooh I didn't realize dancing was part of the curriculum at Beauxbatons." She said her smile turning into a cheeky smirk when he mentioned managing to keep up. "By all means lead the way." she added. As soon as the music started up again she placed on hand on his shoulder, and the other held his tightly. Even if she was never really taught how to dance she at least knew the basics. Merrill was surprised by how natural it felt to dance with Chacen. At the very least she had expected to feel like an awkward mess, but instead it was almost graceful. As the song continued on Merrill felt herself leaning in closer to her date until she was leaning her head on his shoulder. "Okay I'll admit you're a good dancer." she told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back