All Hallow's Eve

Sola Vitaz

As the music blared around her, Sola's arms flew into the air once more, her body rocking to the beat. The wizard she was dancing with kept trying to put a hand on her body, but the music was quick and there was no need for Mr. Touchy-Feely to be so close. She could smell the alcohol on his breath and it wrinkled her nose. As she turned and gave him her back, Sola glanced over her shoulder and gave him a wink, a look that turned to an eye roll when she resumed facing away from him. She was grateful to be wearing a mask tonight. It meant he would never know what she looked like once she left this place. It wasn't like she went around wearing devil horns or skin-tight dresses every night. It was All Hallow's eve and she was feeling like a celebration, which was why she'd chosen to crash the party. She'd overheard some girls speaking about it at the mall and even though these things weren't usually her idea of fun, tonight she had been in the mood for something a bit different.

As the song ended and Sola attempted to slip away, he grabbed her hand and went in close whispering into her ear. "I don't think so" she replied cooly over the starting chords of the next song. "You are sooo not my type" she mumbled as she walked away leaving the guy standing in the middle of the dance floor looking quite dejected. As she walked, Sola saw a few witches glance her way and give her dirty looks. She responded in kind, even including an obscene hand gesture to a girl who openly bashed her outfit. Reaching the kitchen, Sola rooted around in the fridge finally finding a bottle of water amongst all of the liquor, which she began to drink as she pushed some cups to the floor so she could sit on the counter, one leg crossing over the other as she glanced around at the people dancing around wildly. It was the biggest holiday for wizards and witches and everyone in the room seemed to be willing to make a fool of themselves, at least for the night.

The party was in full force, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely. It was clear, that Leah was an uninvited guest, for many of the female witches did not neglect to give her a few glares that seemed to stem from the costume she had donned on that night. She did happen to be invited. This party was thrown by a fellow Death Eater in training, and he had insisted she attend. Wanting to distract herself from real life problems, regarding a few certain people, Leah decided to make a brief appearance, but that brief appearance had turned into an hour and a half of sipping out of a warm bottle of firewhiskey and watching young idiots cavort around in skanky costumes. It was obviously time to go.

Leah set down the old bottle of fie whiskey upon a creaky coffee table and began to step towards the door, but she was blocked off by a young woman rejecting the advances of another eager beaver man. Too bad. She thought glancing at both parties. He was attractive. She smiled wryly, and adjusted the mask upon her face. The front door was crowded around, with the only exit left being in the kitchen. She turned sharply and headed towards the kitchen, suddenly seeing the woman once again. "So, who exactly is your type?" Leah questioned curiously. The young woman was quite curvy, sporting a tight red dress, and a mask of her own. She allowed her eyes to roam down the other females body, before meeting her eyes.

Sola put the cap back on the bottle of water as she heard someone speak to her. It was a female voice, which put her on guard right away. Considering how the other ladies had been giving her the evil eye and making nasty comments, she wasn't hopeful that this would be a friendly face. Looking over to the side, Sola broke into a smirk as she glanced at the woman's costume. She looked like a ring leader and wasn't that a perfect costume considering all of the clowns parading around the place. Sola regarded the woman curiously, especially when she noticed her own outfit receiving the once over.

"Ugh...did he send you in here to ask me that? What a loser" Sola rolled her eyes, figuring that this girl was somehow a friend of the zombie she'd just been dancing with. "Tell him..." she moved the bottle from one hand to the other. "Tell him my type is someone not like him. The complete opposite." She slid off the counter and landed on her heels, the smirk still on her face. The heels were starting to kill her as she wasn't used to wearing high heels very often. Flats wouldn't have done the outfit justice though.

Leah leaned her slim left hip against the cold tiled kitchen counter and smiled slyly at the woman. Something about her seemed incredibly familiar, but it was nearly impossible to tell who she was. She never did get along well with women, and so it could have been her mind playing tricks. "Yes, he is a loser." She agreed, nodding slowly. "But, no. He did not send me in here to fetch you back. I was merely asking out of personal curiosity." It was true, after all. This woman had an aura that drew Leah to her. It could have been the obvious attractiveness, or the way the girl carried herself; she was not exactly sure, but it served as a reminder to the past women Leah had shared certain experiences with.

She had not kissed very many women, save for the random passionate moment in which she and another young girl exactly like her shared in their sixth year at Beauxabeatons. In the dark dormitory, after a long and intense party in the local village, she and the like minded student traveled back up to the school, and when they had reached the dorm... a moment of kisses and intensity has risen. Nothing ever came out of it, except the realization that Leah was attracted to most women, and that didn't matter at all. It was a different time, and although she didn't advertise it, being attracted to the same sex as well as the opposite was nothing disgusting or uncommon anymore. "Who invited you, anyway?" Leah broke out of her thoughts, and focused once again on the matter at hand.

Sola visibly relaxed and leaned her hip against the counter as she heard the woman say that she hadn't been sent by the guy. That was a relief. It piqued her interest though that the woman would be interested in knowing Sola's type. Her eyebrows rose for a second, though they were still well hidden under her mask. Was the woman asking because she was interested? That was certainly an interesting development. "Well the answer still applies. My type is everything that he is not. Except for the dancing. He had that going for him at least."

Sola shrugged her shoulders and wondered why she was sharing that bit of information. There was no doubt that there was something about the woman before her that was making her willing to gab. She was positive that she'd never met her before. How could she have when she was so new to New Zealand? The woman's sudden question made Sola shift nervously in her heels as she glanced into the crowd, her eyes falling on a pirate. "Oh, Phil, the pirate guy, over there." she lied, gesturing to where a pirate was playing some drinking game. Thankfully he was busy taking his turn and didn't look over. "Who invited you?"

Leah noticed the other girls relaxed movements, and met her eyes. "So, anyone not completely desperate?" To be fair the man didn't do anything to warrant this hostility each of the girls were giving him, but it did make for good conversation. "I can relate to that." Her type of guy embodied a strong exterior, charming, handsome... Suddenly her mind wandered to Henry Drake, and she frowned for a moment. They hadn't spoke in months, nor seen one another. She almost figured that he had moved on to another woman, in a new area. Leah found herself frequenting their old haunts on the off chance that they would bump into each other on accident, but she just knew that he would guess her game and avoid those area's all together. It was irritating to feel so vulnerable.

Link made her feel that way whenever they came face to face at a Death Eater meeting, and although she was not in love with him any longer, the effects of disappointment and a past heartbreak were still present. Idiot. Refrain from nostalgia. "I apologize. My mind wandered to different things." It was beginning to become more and more frequent as of late, and she despised being stuck in her own head especially when it contained thoughts that she wished to forget. "Phil, the Pirate Guy." Leah's hazel eyes flickered over to the beer guzzler. "I wouldn't think you would take up with someone like that." She paused and returned her gaze to the masked devil. "Adam. He's around here somewhere...prancing around in a Dementor costume."

Sola shrugged. All things considered, if she were in the mood for that sort of thing tonight, she was pretty sure that the guy would have been fun. He looked like he was good-looking under the mask and he absolutely had a hot body. Her gaze found him, and she watched him dance with another girl for a moment before she turned her eyes back to the girl before her.

As the girl's eyes moved over to 'Phil' so did Sola's. "The heart wants what the heart wants" she added drily as the pirate high-fived a hippogriff. He reminded her of the quidditch players she couldn't stand when she'd been in school. Who knew? He probably was one. "Oh, I've seen about five Dementors" she said lazily. It seemed to be one of the more popular costumes for guys. The ladies seemed to be leaning towards being fairies and veelas. Cutesy stuff like that.

Sola's blue eyes shifted sideways. "What kind of person do you think I would take up with?" she asked, quite curious to know. She didn't know the woman before her at all, so she had no idea what the woman might presume especially if she were being judged on her outfit.

The young Death Eater smirked. "Can't argue with that." The people at this party annoyed her, she suddenly realized. The loud and blaring music, added with the slutty little girls throwing themselves upon fake Quidditch Players and Ninja's was finally getting on her nerves. "Would you like to go outside?" Leah asked, feeling a bit strange. "I'm beginning to grow irritated with this crowd." It was her fault entirely for accepting an invite from a Death Eater in training that constantly skipped meetings to go drinking with his friends at the Leaky Cauldron. Sometimes she wondered why he hadn't been killed yet. If it were up to her, she would have volunteered for the chance at their first meeting. "Yes, and they all seem to be prancing around..."

Leah paused, before going outside. She looked the woman up and down once again, her smirk staying put upon her bright red lips. "Not anyone at this party, unless you wanted to amuse yourself for three seconds. Because, trust me, you seem like the sort of woman that would grow tired of idiots that run amok in muggle Halloween costumes, drinking cheap beer and hitting on strange women." She shrugged. "Of course, I've only just met you two minutes ago. Maybe I am wrong."

Sola put her hand on her hip as she listened to the description that the woman provided. It was pretty accurate, and she couldn't help but chuckle at what she was saying. "No...that's pretty accurate." Sola wasn't particularly looking for someone to amuse her for only three minutes. Not tonight anyway. "I get bored easy."

She glanced around the room again, noting how true her words were. "Please. I think I might blast someone in a moment if I don't get some air" she responded, her attention falling on the blonde girl who'd dressed herself as a veela as if that was original. She was growing weary from watching all of the people dancing drunkenly and standing in groups and clusters here and there. She didn't know any of them, not that she would be friends with them anyway. Aside from the girl before her, no one had extended her a single scrap of kindness. "Lead the way" she said with a small grin. The back door was open and even though it was fairly packed inside, it didn't seem all that crowded out there.

"I figured so." Leah replied shooting her a devilish smirk. She was generally good at reading people, and so far many things she had guessed about this woman were true. It only made her more curious to find out who exactly she was, and why she emitted such... a mystery. "Right this way." She brushed past the devil and stepped outside into the warm Halloween air only to find that it wasn't very crowded out here compared to the inside of the house. To be honest, the death eater wondered why the host hadn't chose a better house to have a Halloween party. It was a very small house which made for cramped conditions, and musky, stinky breathing air. The smell of body odor was very prominent tonight.

Leah looked up into the nights sky for a moment before walking casually over to a largely shielded tree. Although it was fairly empty outside of humans, she still did not want to be approached by an eager beaver male peer, only to have to go through the steps in forcing him to leave the area.

Sola watched the woman as she stepped past her and took several steps toward the back door. She had a very nice shape, which was easy to see with the outfit she was wearing. She followed slowly, her bottle of water still in her hands. She would have moved faster, but the heels she was wearing wouldn't allow her to move very quickly. She rolled her eyes as a man tugged on her arm, trying to get her to dance with him. She pulled her arm out of his reach and kept moving towards the door and the promise of fresh air.

As she stepped through the doorway, the breeze pushed her hair behind her. Sola closed her eyes for a moment and enjoyed it. It smelled refreshingly free of sweat. As she re-opened her eyes, Sola began walking again, glad that the music and people and annoyances were being left behind her. She didn't often make it a habit of following women or anyone around, but she found herself drawn to the woman in the top hat in a way that she'd never been before. Thankfully, there'd been no rain in the previous days or the walk on the grass would have been near impossible in her stilettoed heels. "Wow...I've never been so glad to be outdoors. It's so...quiet out here" she said, her slight English accent more apparent now that there wasn't music or other voices to mask it. She leaned herself up against the tree, the bark digging into her bare arm slightly, and removed the horns that the wind was slowly blowing down her head. " Won't Adam wonder where you are?" she asked casually as she twirled the horns around on her finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back