Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Rowan Wand 15 Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Halloween had to be the greatest time of the year. What other day was there that allowed people to dress up and crazy costumes and eat candy all night? To Sammy's knowledge there were none, which was why Halloween was such an incredible time of the year. Before schooling, Samual would always go Trick-or-Treating with his family around the neighbourhood, and it was always an eventful night, even if he was usually the target of his siblings, he still managed to have very fond memories. Halloween was possibly better than Birthdays, because even though you didn't get presents, bag-loads of candy had to make up for there, and all the costumes and decorations that could be made and worn, it was just fantastic. Last year Sammy had gone as Little Red, which had been a lot of fun and even thought it didn't seem like it, it had taken Sam a lot of time to think up a good costume for that year, but this year had been set in stone wince he went home in the holidays and watched an old muggle movie at his grandmothers. It had been something about detectives and crime solving and it had been exciting. Even though he couldn't quite remember the details, he remembered what he wanted to dress up as this Halloween. A Detective.

Sammy felt that he had it down pat, he had the sunglasses, the moustache, and even a magnifying glass! Sometimes the moustache would get a little annoying, because every time he spoke or moved his mouth in any way, the moustache would wiggle around like crazy. It was funny to watch, but even Sammy could get a little annoyed at things. Admiring the scenery around him, Sammy made his way to the table full of food, well, candy would be a better term of use. The table, and the whole room in general, was decorated in Halloween themed things. Flying bats, fake skeletons, jack-O-lanterns, and other supposedly scary things littered the hall, all feeding Samual's delight for Halloween. Flipping his hair out of his eyes, Sammy watched the scene unfold around him as people met up with friends and checked out each others costumes. The Gryffindor prefect could spot a few familiar faces amongst the sea of costumes, but he made no attempt to go up to anyone just yet, he was busy absorbing the last few minutes of alone time before he decided to partake in this years festivities.

Lady Helena had made her way down from Gryffindor's common room, where she had observed many of her house's students preparing themselves for the feast, getting dressed in ornate costume, all abuzz for the most magical holiday of all, and taken her leave to follow a cluster down to the Great Hall, decorated to excess and emphasizing the magic of the school.

Floating past the Gryffindor tables, Lady Helena smiled to students, devouring the treats in front of them and longed for the days when she, too, could have enjoyed the festivities to the point that these children did. Stopping part-way down the Gryffindor table, Lady Helena saw a familiar face behind a very unfamiliar costumed disguise. "Well, Master Kaster, that's quite the costume. I fear I'm a little transparent in that I've come only as myself." Helena offered with a brief but warm giggle at her own wit. She hated death and her fearful decision in her final moments more than anything else, but Halloween was a celebration and perhaps on this night more than others, death was welcome.

"But, may I ask what it is you've come as this year?" She asked the young prefect, entirely bewildered at his sad moustache. Surely there were spells to grow some extra hair on one's lip for a night?

The aura of the celebration was something that fed Sammy's excitement. The Gryffindor was sure that not everyone in the room were best friends, since some seemed a little riled up, but otherwise everyone seemed to be having a really good time, and it was nice to see so many people happy, even the Professors looked mostly happy. The Great Hall in general looked stunning, it was just a really nice atmosphere to be spending his time in. Some areas were really overdone, but that just added to the magic of Halloween. When addressed by someone, Samual turned around and saw the Gryffindor House ghost, Lady Helena the Brave. She seemed to be really nice, and very respectable, it was really nice, but the term 'Master Kaster' seemed to be a little outdated, but the Gryffindor didn't hold it against Lady Helena, as he held quite a lot of respect for her. Sammy laughed slightly along with Lady Helena at her joyful play on words and nodded. "Hello Lady Helena." He greeted with a smile and small wave. "Thankyou, my costume isn't really grand like some others, but sometimes I think it's better to play things down than go all out." He explained.

Samual was well aware that his costume was not exactly the most artistic, or the best costume going, but he honestly felt that simplicity was the way to go with these sorts of things. Where was the fun if someone just used magic to make a costume? Sammy found more fun looking utterly ridiculous and smiling about it, than using magic to make everything seem real. The best costumes were always the silly ones, in his personal opinion. Smiling at Lady Helena kindly, Samual shrugged. "I've decided on being a detective this year. It's something different." He replied, wiggling his fake moustache. Lady Helena was someone that Sammy didn't really spend his days talking to, not that he had a problem with ghosts or anything of that sort, he had just never really had the time to strike up a conversation with the woman, though she seemed really nice, she even called him 'Master Kaster', which was something that he was positive he'd never get used to, it made him feel so old. "So have you been enjoying yourself so far?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back