All Fun and Games (On Stage)

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
[ NOTE : This thread is for the Cast of It's All Fun and Games Until... ONLY. Once the curtains open, this is where the Cast Members will post a description of their actions and their dialogue. There are seperate threads set up for (a) the Stage Crew and (b) the Audience. ]

Here is what the view from the stage looks like from the perspective of the cast members. Thanks to the Professor/Headmaster King and Headmistress Rambolt for their assistance in transforming the Great Hall for this performance. Isn't magic awesome?

the-swan-theatre-stratford.jpg

🐇

Last edited by a moderator:
[ OOC - my apologies for doing this a little out of sync with the rest of our plan, but at least it will give those who are online an opportunity to RP when they wish to. If it sucks as a result... well then, it was my fault... if it works out well, offer your congrats to the real talent (i.e. the actual cast) ]

Bruin surveyed the audience and checked his watch, it was showtime!!! He had just received word that the cast members were ready to go and he figured that there was no time like the present. He resisted the urge to use magic and went and pulled on the ropes that pulled the curtains open before moving out to stand at the end of one of the aisles stage right to enjoy the show.

He couldn't resist the urge to use his magic to levitate a banner over the top of the stage briefly before the cast took to the stage.
SCENE ONE : ARRIVAL OF THE MISCHIEF MAKERS

42-15764855.jpg

Mike walked onto the stage heading towards the far end of it. "Did you see that last waterbomb hit that guy. Classic" Mike said with a clap of his hands."But now, some of these pranks seem to get a bit repetitive. A bit old school", he said looking at the others Mike didn't dare look at the audience, in case he stumbled on his words, or worst lost his balance, and fell over on stage, where everyone was watching.

"Oh man I know." Njord joked slapping Mike on the back. "We need something good now. Something big. A prank to end all pranks." he said stepping closer to front stage with his arms spread wide. Njord had never acted before but it appeared he had found the overacting bug had bit him hard.

Kailey glided onto the stage behind Njord, putting on a slight aura of arrogance that she didn't think she could pull off seeing how nervous she was. "Definitely. Water balloons, dungbombs, and all those are classics. but if thats all we do it's going to get old very quickly." she said, her voice a few notes higher than usual. Tucking a piece of Platnium blonde hair behind her ear, "We can certainly do better." she added, hoping she pulled off the arrogant first year snob act well enough though her worries couldn't be heard or seen at all in her act.

"Oh yeah." Njord said strolling back to center stage and putting his arm around Kailey. "But what should it be! What should we do?" he said turning to the rest of the kids on stage.

Rhyspa walked on stage, trailing a few feet behind Kailey, picking at the hole in her jeans. She felt odd being onstage, even though she was one of the older students, she didn't exactly exude confidence. Rhyspa was the one who watched, and she tried to make herself seem like she was the one who followed the crowd. As Njord and Mike said that the water bombs were getting old, Rhyspa nodded her head to show her willing agreement.

"What could we do?" Rhyspa said unintentionally. "I mean, we've done almost every possible thing. What else is there?"

"Well it should be good. I mean we've gotten away with everything else so far, lets push it. Lets see if we can make a statement. This school is so boring, as first years we should make a statement, but our mark on this stuffy old castle." Njord spoke loudly so the whole audience could hear.

"I think I have just the thing..." he said reaching into his school bag that appeared overly bulky for just books and parchment. "I just got a whole box of Wild-Fire Whiz-Bangs. What if we light these babies up in say the bathroom on the third floor." Njord looked out the audience and gave a wicked grin and nodded his head, looking to egg on the audience.

Kailey slithered out of Njords grasp and picked up the box of fireworks looking them over, using the fourth wall technique in her acting, something Njord seemed to disagree with as he was grinning at the audience. "Nice work..." she started her normally nice toned voice taking on a snob like tone. "But, in a bathroom? No... This needs to be bigger. I'm talking great hall big. Don't you agree?" she asked her voice sounding like she was trying to convince him, tracing a finger over the box of fireworks.

Njord looked at Kailey and laughed loudly. "Oh yeah...the Great Hall...I'm liking, I'm liking..."

Kailey let out a silvery laugh that she was surprised she could force out and nodded at Njord. "But, how are we going to distract the Professors?" she asked rummagine around in the silver bag she was carrying. "Aha." she said "These should be perfect, Daydream charms. If we could somehow get the professors to fall under them it'd be perfect. These arent the PG ones either. Don't ask me how I got them, Just that this also means that it's the people over 16 that will be thrown into the line of fire, not us. It's brilliant!" she concluded "Or we could always use my peruvian darkness powder..." she offered a simpler plan, surprised at how she remembered the lines so well.

Lily had been hanging back just a bit, but she finally decided to speak up. "I think that the Great Hall is perfect and that we need to do both the charms and the darkness powder so we keep our streak of not getting busted. How about a few of us approach the head table and one of us pretends to get sick. When the professors are busy, the others of us could slip the charms into their drinks. Once that is done, the person who is "sick"", she made little 'air-quotes' with her fingers, "can miraculously recover. Dinner goes on as normal, then once the professors have fallen into the charm, we can hit the darkness powder and let loose. Whatcha think?" She started to feel the part, and gave her castmates a devilish grin, raising her eyebrows at them a bit.

"Oh my god, that's perfect!" Kailey exclaimed finding it slightly difficult to keep the voice as she did so. "The darkness powder works for a few minutes so we might be able to squeeze in two pranks if we tried. With all of us planning theres no way we could get caught, nothing can get through the powders darkness. Plus we can't light the fireworks until it's about to run out or noone will see them. Wait, that might be better, think of all the chaos it would cause! Easier for us to slip away." she ended with a smirk, clapping her hands together once in an 'I'm so brilliant' type way. Kailey was having fun with the role she had been given.

As Kailey delivered her "...easier for us to slip away" line the lights dimmed and the curtains were pulled around the rather odd shaped stage. The audience members began to talk amongst themselves quietly while the Prefects quickly prepared for the Second Act. Bruin brought a second banner into position that offered a simple message as the curtains parted again.
SCENE TWO : PROFESSORS PONDER THE PRANK PROBLEM

42-15764855.jpg

Taking a deep breath and drawing herself up to her full (heeled) height, Professor Violet Bellamy strode out on to the stage, keeping herself composed, despite the anxiety. She'd never performed in front of this many people before. "Disgraceful," she began, shaking her head. "Absolutely disgraceful. That's the third complaint I've had this week." Violet paused, looking out to the audience with her eyes shining, although her face remained slightly disgruntled. "I've had it up to here with this nonsense!" she said, waving her wand about her head.

Zazuka came out looking almost as impossing as she wasn't. She was trying to imatate Professor Manteia a little bit because she thought that was what a Prefect should be. She stood her full 5"4' but her hight had nothing to do with the aura of opression that she was trying to exsude. Her bun was tight on her head, making her face seem even more sturn and she made sure that her cloak flutter around her as she walked. It made her seem like she was very irratated. "Nothing worse than a over active first year. There has to be something that can be done." She said her voice as sturn as it would go. Zazuka surpised even herself at how mad she sounded but she thought it would go with the over all affect.

Violet turned and looked at Zazuka, giving her a sly, encouraging wink. She was doing a great job at acting as a stern Professor. Violet only hoped she was doing a decent job. "I don't know what's going on with these students," Violet continued, acting completely exasperated. "I hadn't seen anything like it until this lot." She took in a deep breath, looking out at the audience confidently. The play was going well so far and apart from some chatter amongst the younger students, they were holding the attention of the audience. Now she couldn't screw up. "You know what they say," she continued, trying to ignore the sick, nervous feeling in her stomach. "It's all fun and games..." she began, leaving the line unfinished for Zazuka to end the play's catch phrase.

Zazuka let her lips go even thinner then they where like one of the Professors she saw in one of her books. "Someone get's hurt and if this keeps up someone is bound to get hurt. Just because no one has yet doesn't mean someone wont eventually." Zazuka said. She was acting of course that she was annoyed because really there was nothing to be annoyed about up here. Zazuka allowed herself a look around at the audiece. It took all she had not to waive like mad at Andy who she could see from the stage. Who she couldn't see where Brian but she wasn't surpised about that. What she was surpised on not seeing was Andrew. Zazuka had talked of nothing but this play for ages.

There was a dramatic pause as this short, yet vital scene between the two "professors" came to a close. Violet and Zazuka had delivered their lines extremely well and Bruin brought the curtains to a close once they retreated.

Bruin took a deep breath as he prepared to open the curtains for the third and final scene. The confrontation between the pranksters and the professors in the Great Hall was the most complicated of the three scenes and he knew that if anything was going to go wrong on stage it was likely to be in the next 10 or 15 minutes.

As Bruin was about to lower the final banner and open the curtains, a cold chill enveloped him and he shuddered momentarily, looking around to see if anyone else had felt anything. It didn't appear that they had and he proceeded with opening the final act.
SCENE THREE : THE END OF THE PRANKS

42-15764855.jpg

Violet walked back on to stage, her confidence boosted by how the well the play was going and how well the last act, in particular, had gone. Eyes glimmering with pride, she took a deep breath and prepared to deliver her first line. "This madness..." she began, before suddenly some rockets were launched from somewhere in the audience. What the? she thought, frustrated. The first years obviously weren't getting the hint. Someone had pranked the play! If it had been part of the play, Violet would have known about it. She froze, watching with her mouth slightly open, hoping the older students and the professors would be able to do something. As only a third year, she didn't know exactly what to do.

Zazuka did. Zazuka pulled Violet away while waving her wand in a funny sort of way to pause it for a moment while she got Violet and herself out of the way. "Let's go, if one of them lands on stage, one of us could get hurt." She whispered harshly. Zazuka sighed. She thought the play was a really good idea. Sadly it wasn't so for the first years. Zazuka ducked behind the curtens, expecting Violet to do the same before the spell wore off.

Blake had been back stage preparing himself for the confrontation scene between the 'professors' and the 'pranksters' in the middle of their , and was just about to follow Violet out onto the stage when out of nowhere, rockets began soaring through the audience and straight for Violet. Blake had pulled out his wand and was ready to cast a spell to deflect the oncoming rockets from hitting Violet when Zazuka quickly pulled her out of the way.
Now the real pranksters have gone too far, Blake thought angrily as he called to Violet and Zazuka to get off the stage before one of them got seriously hurt.

Standing beside Blake, also with his wand out to protect who was on stage, Njord had to duck out of the way when one rocket flew by dangerously close. Sparks were flying every where and it was too late for Njord to react when several sparks ignited his canvas bag that held his own Whiz Bangs. He quickly threw the bag on the floor but it was too late. Suddenly a sharp pain exploded in his chest and shoulder and all he heard was the thud of his head on the stage floor as the scene around him went quiet....

Lily came running out from backstage when she heard the commotion. There were sparks flying everywhere and she was unable to see who set them off since Njord was still holding the bag with them in it. She ran over by Violet who was still on stage, frozen, and started to pull her to safety. Blake seemed to be handling things on his own, and Njord was ducking rockets.

Suddenly, Njord's bag was hit and ignited. She watched as if in slow motion the bag was thrown to the floor and Njord followed. Lily screamed, running over to her former coworker and hit the floor next to him. "NJORD! NJORD! Answer me! Are you okay?" She tried to get him to open his eyes, but in the commotion could not tell if the boy was even breathing. Turning her head towards the audience she screamed at the top of her lungs, "HELP! NJORD'S BEEN HIT!!! SOMEONE HELP US!" She continued to try to get the boy to open his eyes. "Come on Njord. Let me know you are okay!" Tears started welling in her eyes as she shook the boy's shoulder.

Mike had been dodging out of harms way before he noticed Njord get hit and fall. Lily had run over shouting for help. Mike ran over, not paying any attention to the oncoming danger. "Lily, is Njord ok?" Mike asked panick stricken. Mike shouted for help aswell hoping someone would quickly assist preferably a teacher to help Njord. Mike looked around but had a hard time seeing anything. It was pandemonium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back