Closed All Authors Are Old Ladies

Dot blushed furiously, taking a small step back. Her eyes widened and she brought her hands up, fingers covering her mouth. "O-oh dear," She stammered, lowering her eyes and her hands to fidget with her skirts. "I d-don't think-" She swallowed hard. "I don't- I'm hardly interesting," She managed, reaching up to brush at her hair. She hadn't felt this flustered in a while. Surely someone like him could find someone better than her.

Daintree glanced at her and gave a little smile, trying to reassure her almost. "Well, I think you're very interesting." he countered, thinking that she was both the most beautiful person he had met and rather interesting. "Maybe I can take you out sometime, and we can get to know each other a little better." he offered. "Can be an easy lunch date, or a dinner date, or a picnic?" he suggested, wanting to give her options, wanting to take her to dinner and show off a little but realising that perhaps that wasn't the way to woo this girl.

Dot was flustered, stammering and blushing. She wasn't sure what she had been expecting, letting him walk her home, but it hadn't been for him to ask her out. Was he joking? She smoothed out her skirts, staring at her shoes. "I- erm," She swallowed hard. "I don't- I mean," She took a deep breath, before peeking up at him from under her lashes. "I'm... not busy tomorrow?" She offered gently.

Daintree was sure she'd reject him, she was taking a while to reply and he knew that usually meant no, but he knew he wasn't willing to back down. He was therefore pleased when she said yes, well, almost yes. "Okay, tomorrow then," he said, "I'll take you some place real nice," he promised her. Decided also that he would properly woo her. Flowers, chocolates, compliments, the works. She was beautiful, and for the first time, he kinda of wanted to give it a go.

Dot's eyes widened and her blush deepened. She looked down, swallowing hard. "Y-you don't have to," She offered gently, twisting her hands together and starting to walk again. "There's, um... a little bistro down the road, that's nice," She offered, peeking up at him. She didn't want him to spend a lot of money on her, she didn't think she was worth that.

Daintree gave a little laugh, "Yeah I do, I'm trying to impress you," he told her with an easy smile, since that really was what he was trying to do. Impress a pretty girl that he was very interested in dating. "Have you been to this bistro before?" he asked, mostly he was thinking if she had he might look into other nice places to go, so she got a fresh experience. "Is there a place you've always wanted to try?" he added.

Dot hesitated when he said he was trying to impress her. She stopped walking again, and ignoring the rest of what he said, reached out to touch him. She didn't, though, her hand hovering over his arm for a moment before she pulled it back, holding it against her chest. "Daintree, I-" She took a deep breath, blushing horribly and looking away. "I don't need money to impress me." She peeked up at him. "I- what you're doing- this-" She struggled to find the words, scuffing the toe of her shoe against the ground. "No one has ever put this much effort into me before," She finally admitted gently. It sounded sad, saying it out loud. A man walking her home and trying to buy her a nice meal. How pathetic, that it took so little to get to her.

Daintree stopped as she went to take his hand, tempted to just take it in his, but respecting the boundary she set. "Sure, I know you don't need it, but I want to," he told her. It was fine if she wanted to go somewhere not fancy or wanted him to not spend too much money but he wanted to give this a proper effort. "Well, those people are silly," he told her. "Because, not too be too bold Dot, but you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen," Daintree tried to hold her gaze as she said it, wanting her to know he meant it.

Dot fidgeted nervously. She could see her apartment just down the block. Was this really happening? It felt like a joke... was he pranking her? She bit her lip, shifting her weight from one foot to another. He started speaking again, and she glanced up at him. Her heart felt like it stopped when he spoke. "What?" She whispered, covering her mouth with both hands. There was no way he meant that. But... she took a deep breath, wringing her hands in front of her. "I, um... this is all... a lot, could I... have a little bit of time?" She asked, peeking up at him again. "Just... give me a few days to think?"

Daintree glanced at her and wondered if it had been a bit too bold. She seemed shocked and then began to pull away a little. Not physically, but in what she said. ”Sure,” he said, more than willing to wait for her. He conjured some paper and wrote down his address and his muggle number and handed it to her. ”For when you decide, but feel free to write to me any time.” he said, not wanting to give this over and let her thing that she couldn't just chat with him or write to him

AMODEUS IS UNINTENTIONALLY MAKING SOMEONE REGRET MAKING HIM

Dot looked at the number, biting her lip and holding it in her hands. "Thank you," She offered gently. She hesitated a moment, before stepping in. She pushed up on tiptoe and pressed a shy, gentle kiss to his cheek. She fell back, smiling shyly up at him. "Goodnight, Daintree," She offered, before rushing off to her apartment, heart thundering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back