Alicia Norwit

A

Anonymous

Alicia tapped her pencil on her notebook, looking across the vast lake. Maybe if I stare long enough my inspiration will just pop out of the lake. Oh, maybe I shouldn't be thinking that. Knowing this place, something WILL pop out of the lake. That's why she had chosen to sit as close to the lake as possible, but still be off of the lakefront and on the lawn.

She looked down at her lap to the worn notebook and chewed down pencil. They were the only things she had brought that truly reminded that there was, in fact, a world outside of this magical one. And it was going on without her.

Sighing, she leaned back on the tree behind her and closed her eyes.

Kiera saw a girl she had met earlier at Ollivanders. She had just closed her eyes. This should be fun.. Kiera snuck up behind her and yelled "BOO". The girl jumped and Kiera burst out in laughter hoping the girl didnt think she was being mean...

Seeing that it was Kiera, Alicia knew that she was just having a bit of fun and not actually trying to give her a heart attack. Clutching her heart dramatically, Alicia fell to the ground and lulled out her tongue. "Oh, cruel world, is this the way I am to die? Tell my mom I love her. And tell my brother not to touch my stuff!"

"Well, I was trying to write," she said, pointing to her notebook, " but I don't seem to be having any inspiration. You just out for a stroll?"

Abigail laughed when she heard Kiera's reply, as she passed by the two girls.

"If you keep talking like that, they're going to throw you in Slytherin," Alicia joked. She knew that Slytherin students weren't all bad, but they still seemed to have some of the more sour students in their house. "But I appreciate your effort. So, how has school been going for you? Made any new potential best friends?"

"Other then me, of course," she added as a side note with a chuckle.

Kiera laughed at Alicia's witty replies. "Well I have a really great roommate who also happens to be my quidditch captian. Theres another girl on my team who I get along really well with." With a sly smile she said, "Somehow I managed to find me a boy already"

"Reaaaaaally?" Alicia winked and waggled her eyebrows as she rolled onto her side and propping herself up with her elbow. "Anyone I know, perhaps?"

Alicia shrieked, causing the other girl to jump. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. But I know Steel! Him and I talk with each other my first day here. A good guy. He seems worthy of your attention."

Then, talking in several high pitch voices, Alicia began to act like other girls at the school.
"And he's sooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute. And dreeeeeeeeeamy. Oh Steel, be my guy! No, be mine! Ooooooh Steeeeeeeeel!"

Kiera laughed and tackled Alicia. "Hush ...silly. You... sound like ...an ....air head!" Kiera said between bursts of laughter. "Thats so weird that you know him...I figured you wouldnt have a clue.."Kiera said still laughing.

Giggling madly, Alicia struggled under Kiera. "I'm... sorry! It was just... so tempting!" Pulling herself out from under Kiera, she caught her breath and fixed her hair and clothes. "I think it's weird I know him, too. I mean, I'm usually to shy to approach people. And usually people don't notice the mouse in the corner, so they don't approach me. But Steel just came right up and said hi. I guess he likes mice."

Kiera laughed as Alicia struggled. "You mean kinda like I did...but hes pretty friendly....I met him at Ollivanders- I sold him his wand- and then I met him again in the owlry ....." Kiera giggled as she added "I dont even have an owl. I have a cat!"

"Well me-ow, young lady." Alicia couldn't remember the last time she had laughed so much. Or actually had a good conversation with another girl like this. It was like here she was a different person in another world. Then again, she kind of was. "I wish I had a cat. Someone to keep me company when I'm lonely and give me love and affection all the time. When you think about it, boyfriends and cats are a lot a like. Feed them and their yours. Not that I have personal experience or anything," She laughed as the image of Steel as a cat came into her mind.

Kiera laughed."Well missy... maybe you should get yourself a cat...or a boyfriend!!" she said as she burst into laugher again. She enjoyed Alicia's company. She composed herself. "My cat is a siemese. Her name's Cleopatria-Cleo for short...She should be around somewhere..." Kiera said looking around..."She likes to play outside..."

"I've never had a pet before, or a boyfriend! I always wanted one, thought." She laughed and added, "A pet, I mean. But my mom isn't into the whole animal thing. She grew up with lots of animals, so it surprises me that she wouldn't want any around. Maybe because they remind her of her childhood.." Alicia trailed off and shook her head, "Sorry. I bet you wouldn't want to hear about that."
Looking towards the Forbidden Forest, Alicia screamed and pointed. "Kiera! Look, look! Something is staring at us! And I think it's coming closer!" Both of the girls looked as pair of crystal blue eyes stared both of them down, and it seemed they were slowly coming nearer. Alicia tensed, hoping whatever it was wasn't too big... or after an afternoon snack. But after a moment, Alicia relaxed as she realized it was just Kiera's cat. "Haha, wow. Sorry for freaking out like that. I feel very stupid. Maybe I shouldn't be in Ravenclaw if I can't even recognize a cat."

Kiera laughed. "Hey Cleo."she said to the cat as it came up to them and sat in Kieras lap. "My dads pretty cool with it. I have a horse and a dog at his house. My mom died when I was really little...So its just me my dad and my sister Kathryn. I never had many girl friends. Its always been guys..I just have more in common with them. I love sports and so do they." Kiera said with a laugh. "They do hit pretty hard though when you play football with them. I guess thats why Im such a football star!" she added with a sly smile...

Timidly Alicia placed her hand on the cat's head and stroked her fur. "You're so lucky to have a horse and a dog." Cleo mewed and Alicia giggled, "And I can't forget your charming cat, of course. They're my favorite animals, so sweet, affectionate, and loyal. I actually go to a stable every week and ride. Well, I mean, I did go to a stable every week. I think it'd be kind of hard to do that now," she smiled. "And I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I haven't really known any of my family other then my mother and father. For all I know we're the only ones left. Actually, for all I know my mother and father are second cousins. I should probably count my toes." Alicia giggled as Cleo's rough tongue made contact with her fingers. "So, you're a football player, eh? Like getting a little rough and dirty with the big boys? I've never played before."

"Cleo seems to like you..."Kiera said with a smile. "You know you could get a cat and keep it here..." Kiera laughed. "You probably should count your toes. They might have some big secret theyre hiding... You dont know how hard those boys hit. Its made me tough. I started a sort of team club thing. Theres a sign in everyones common room...Its pretty fun...I could teach you...Im trying to teach my roommate Liz. Its pretty funny. You should come!"Kiera said grinning. She liked Alicia and thought they were going to be good friends.

"I would love to buy one, but I'm not sure I'd have the money. The only thing I've gotten is the wand from you, actually. Every time I go to a store no one is there. I guess I have bad timing." Alicia took off her shoes and turned away from Kiera, mumbling numbers. "Hmm, you have twelve toes, too, right?" She turned toward the other girl and gave a crafty smile. "Just kidding. Anyway, that sounds fun. I'm not to athletic, but I'll give it a try. I'm always up for something new. And I'd love to meet Liz."

Woah, did she just agree to trying football? And meeting someone and then not feeling like a rock was in the pit of her stomach? Amazing. Maybe the whole opening up thing was taking it's toll.

Kiera grinned. "Well then wait and look in to it after you get all your school suplies." She laughed at Alicia' s toe joke. "It will be fun! Liz is pretty fun. Im sure youll like it...plus I be there!" she said with a sly smile. She liked joking with her.

"Are you sure Steel wont get jealous of us spending so much time together?" Alicia joked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back