Alex's Farm

Alexander Fields

OOC First Name
Ben
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Alex was standing at the front gate to his home. It had been a long time since he had been home and the caretaker had been taking a really good job of looking after all the cattle and his dog Spike. She was a illegal dog for people to won, but who was going to care out in the middle of no where. As he began to walk up the driveway he could hear the sound of barking and he could see Spike running up the driveways heading his way. Spike jumped up and landed on his chest knocking him over. Landing on his back he laughed as hard as he could. He loved it being home, he could finally sped time with his dog, and look after his farm and fix it up quicker then any one else could. ( There is a picture of the dog in Ben Connolly signature, the siggie and avatar are of me and my dog.)

As he lay there on the ground he patted the soft spot behind her ears. " Spike off." He instructed, and she done so she sat there waiting for him to get up off the ground and begin to walk back towards the house. As he walked back towards the house, with Spike at his side. He looked around he could see Mr Murrow caring for the garden patch his Forster Mother had built. " How are you Mister Murrow, looking after yourself I presume?" Alex called out, and he got a simple answer. " Yes." was all he got in return. Mr Murrow was not a man of many words, quite the opposite actually he liked to prove himself by doing things, he was a forty five year old man. Also a wizard but he liked to do things the traditional Muggle way, just to have that extra achieved feeling of accomplishment.

" Spike, get in."
He called as he opened the door to his house, which looked pretty much the same as he left it, except for a few little notes on the table. He didn't even pay them a piece of mind he headed straight towards his bed, it had been a long walk from town to here, he didn't know why he just didn't apparate. As he laid down the dog copyed him and jumped up on the bed and laid next to him. Trying to lick his face. " It's good to see you to spike." Alex said before drifting off to sleep.

Maddiie mind was finally made up, I mean he did went to her home, now it was time to visit his. She had told her father she be back later, it was so easy living this world when your able to apparate from one place to another. Alex had describe the farm well to her, so it didn't take along till she finally appear just outside the gates of his home. She had carried a bag filled with personal items, a small smile appeared as she took a good look of his home. It was so ordinary, she didn't mind it though, walking right in as she pop open the gates she started to call out to him as she trudge in running sneakers, dressed ordinary than usual. "Alex!" she called out making her way towards the steps of the house.

Artemis looked up the long dirt drive to the house far down the track. She was trying to visit all of her friends for the holidays. She and Alex had only seen each other once or twice since he had left for the holidays, and luckily had managed to filch his address from the files in a teacher desk. That wasn’t quite fair, but Art simply had to visit him at some point, and she’d only looked for one thing before putting the file back and racing upstairs to pack before her Mother came to pick her up.

It wasn’t too hot today at least, so she was wearing a long sleeved top with a tiny pinked ginger-bread patterned dress over the top of it. With her little white shoes tapping against the stones, she scampered up to the house in record time, moments after spotting another person who was there already. “Good mornin’!” greeted Artemis in her sweet English country accent. From where she was, it looked like Maddiie Hollawarth. Alex will be pleased to see her, beamed Art inwardly. The tiny girl skidded on the gravel in her hurry before hitting the stairs face-first.

Moments later she got up, rubbing her nose with a tiny fist. “Ow.”
“Well hi!” she said again. “'Ye must be Maddiiee! Come to visit Alex, too? I’m Arty, Alex’s friend.” She lifted that miniature hand to shake hers, hoping that Alex had heard Maddiee call out and would come to greet them soon.

Alex woke up to the sound of spike Barking, she had been locked inside all night and she had no way to get out to go to the toilet or anything, he was just hoping she had been able to hold on. As he made it to the front door, he saw Maddiie walking up the Driveway. He was in complete shock. " Ughhh Spike, be nice." He said as he opened the door and made his way down to Maddiie. When he made it to her he put his arms around her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. " What are you doing here/" He asked happy to see Maddiie. " Oh And this is Spike." He said pointing to his dog who was seated next to Maddiie lifting up her paw trying to shake hands.

As he stood there with Maddie, he could see Artemis, the little half goblin girl he had fought back at the school. He was glad to see her. " Hey Art, how are you?" He asked looking down at her. As spike sat there and looked at her, her face on the tilt, with her paw still in the air as she done so. He was happy that His girlfriend had shown up after they had a little argument after the ball, and Artemis found out where he lived, it was a shock but it was good. At least they cared enough to come visit him.

Maddiie turned around as she heard such a enthusiastic voice, when she look down to a girl who already knew her name. "Well morning to you to." she smiled simply not wanting to be rude to Alex guest. "Arty, lovely name." she extended a hand to shake the little girl hand, and couldn't believe how small she was. Must be a mix breed, Maddiie had notice more and more of them are attending Hogwarts. It was different but she didn't mind it, after all they still posses magic just like her. Hearing Alex familiar voice, Maddiie couldn't help but notice Alex was shocked to see her. Was it that obvious from the way she was acting? Sighs, she held in the best that she could even offer him a smile when he had kissed her cheek. Maddiie giggle at Spike, she never really made contact with dogs except the ones in Puerto Rico, were abuelo lived. "Hello Spike." she patted the female on its round little head, hearing a few friendly barks come out of her.

Art was just as pleased to meet Maddiiee as she had anticipated. Just the same, it was wonderful to meet Alex (and also fortunate that they had turned up on the same day). "I'm fine thanks, Alex!" said Art in her high tinkling voice, but was almost bowled over by an enthusiastic dog, apparently named 'Spike'. "How has your hols been so far 'ye two, aye?" she asked them both warmly and politely. She squeaked in delight as Spike held up her paw to shake, and Art took in in her hand with a giggle. "Oh, ain't 'ye just the cleverest thing ever, eh? D'awww, lookit that..." said Art as she leaned down to let it give her a jolly (albeit slobbery) lick on the cheek. The dog was almost over half her size.

Artemis did however notice the kiss on the cheek that Alex gave Maddiiee, and buried her head into Spike's fur to keep from 'aww'ing. How sweet! It made her think of Jareth, to which she could only blush and grin at. Art wasn't sure, but had everything worked out for Alex and Maddiiee in the end?

Alex was kind of sad when she didn't even say anything to him in return, but maybe she was still mad at him. " Well come on guys, do yous want to come inside?" He asked as he slowly began to walk over towards the house. Whistling, so that spike would follow, instead of almost bowling Artemis over with ever step she took. They made it to the door and Alex opened it up letting Spike in and holding it for the two girls that where about to enter through the door.

Leah apparated in front of the house with a loud pop. Suddenly she sounds of barking and bounding feet were heard, and a dog lunged at her, almost knocking her down. Masking a smile, she patted the dogs head, and stepped back, making his front paws hit the ground.

Maddiie was smiling as she was about to follow Alex inside his home when she heard a loud pop. Turning her direction towards the one who appear it had to be the one girl she despise the most. "Oh hell no." she whispers, her glare resting upon Leah form. Out of all his friends, but Maddiie didn't budge or said anything more about Leah. Instead she walked in, as Alex held the door open looking around to keep her mind occupied.

Alex smiled when he saw Leah Arrive everyone was showing up today, but he didn't want there to be any trouble, between the two of them, it would surely turn this day into something terrible. " Hey Leah, promise there is no fighting between you and Maddiie." He said as he let her walk inside then quickly followed her into the lounge room, where everyone was seated around on his lounges. Spike looked up at him from his chair, he walked over and took his seat, as the dog jumped off and sat at his feet. " OK Maddiie, there will be no fighting between you and Leah today, just be kind to each other please."

(spikes a girl btw :p)

"You don't have to worry about me." Leah answered, following him into the living room. It was a nice house, very cozy. She didn't plan on staying to long, it was a shortcut to the America's. "Anyway you have a nice place here." She ignored Maddiie, decided to not even look at her.

"Don't worry I'll behave." she said with a brief glance towards Leah than back at Alex and Arty. "Yes it is lovely here, Alex do you live the muggel way?" she asked wondering if there was any hint of magic in the home. Maddiie sat with her back resting on the lounge chair, one leg crossed over the other, as she watched Spike pace between the lots that were there.

" I kind of do, but not really, once you go upstairs it is rather larger then what it looks like from the outside." Alex said as he stood up and looked at everyone who was sitting there, he could feel the tension in the room, because of the two girls, but it would sureley get better soon. " Anyone want a drink or anything?"

Artemis couldn't help but jump as Leah apparated almost right beside her. Carefully she shuffled out the way, and it appeared that she hadn't even been noticed by this new girl. That was fine, since Art was sometimes looked over anyway, being so near to the ground. But whatever the case, it seemed there was open hostility between she and Maddiiee. Oh dear... is this who started the trouble between Alex and Maddiiee? pondered Art as she looked between then with slightly widened eyed. But it's best not to make assumptions. Even so, she didn't know quite what to say as Alex told them both not to fight. "My goodness, what have I dropped in on?" said Artemis to herself, no-one else noticing her words. Nervous, she trotted after Spike and into the house, waiting till the girls followed them.

There was a short silence after Alex offered them drinks, and Art took it to move over in a friendly manner to Leah. "Hello," she smile,d her pixie face almost lighting up the room. "I'm Artemis, one of Alex's friends. I don't know yer name yet," she ventured as she shook her hand with her little one. Her pointed ears twitched slightly and she smiled over at Alex. "Yes please, I'd just like cold water. 'Ye know I've never been to a farm. It's enormous. Do 'ye keep other animals besides Spike?". Artemis was a good silence breaker.

" Yeah there are Cows, horses, pigs, sheep, some emu's and a few deer." Alex said as he raised his wand and tapped it on the floor and a table came up. He then lifted his wand and called. " Accio, drink set." Floating out came a tray filled with cup nd four types of drink. Water, coke, lemonade and some butter beer. He poured up a drink for Artemis and handed it to her, and grabbed himself a bottle of butter beer. Cracking it open and almost downing the honey colored liquid in one sip.

"None for me." Maddiie smiled at Art she was just adoring she couldn't help but smile from ear to ear at her. Maddiie hadn't meant the question the way she had stated it. She was just wondering why everything seemed simple, she didn't mind it though. Her grandfather had a few animals, and such were he lived, has it really been that long since she last seen muggels animal, must be. Maddiie didn't look at Leah after the first few times, she wanted to be on her best behaviour at least for Alex. She knew she had been treated him bad for a while now, neglected the time they had spent. Maddiie looked down as the other conversated, maybe she should leave soon, after all what was the point. Looking up she manage to smile easily "Do you have horses Alex?" wondering if he hadn't already said that.

" I have four out in the back paddock." Alex said with a smile, he then noted that there where four of them there and they could go for a ride on the horses maybe later, if they didn't have a fight on their hands. " we could all go for a ride later, if you's would like to?" he asked hoping they would so they had something to do.

its lame sorry

Artemis swallowed a large gulp of water involuntarily and stared up at Alex. "I hope you have Shetland ponies," she chuckled and added a grin, although she was quite serious about needing a smaller horse. Art would get kicked off in no time, and she'd look absolutely ridiculous riding a huge horse like the ones Alex was sure to have. "I've never ridden a horse before," she told them slightly nervously. Artemis loved animals, but the bigger they got the more inclined she was to panic.

All the while she would glance at Maddiiee, being quite taken with the older girl. She was very pretty and seemed to like Artemis, and Art liked her too. She seemed kind, and she couldn't imagine what sort of falling out she and Alex had had.Leah hadn't been very vocal yet, and she was yet to study her character. Did Leah like horses?

"No thanks." Leah declined a beverage. She wasn't very thirsty, having ate before she apparated. She neglected to say that she had never rode a horse, not wanting to be the only one who hadn't. Besides she would just go along with everyone else and learn as she went.

"I'm afraid I haven't rode one yet, but I would like to see them." Maddiie kept her gaze at Alex, briefly she glance Arty, she was a pleasant friend at least this one was. "Just for a little bit, can't stay for long." she would tell them, today she was going off to find her new home. She wasn't going to tell anyone, not even Alex. It was suppose to be a secret at least till she found the perfect one and everything was settle with.

" Ok" Alex said as he stood up and headed out the back door ushering for them to follow and have a look at the horses that where out in the back paddock, spike followed him quickly out the door running out and herding them to the front of the yard, so they where closer to the four of them. " These are my four horses." He said as he went over and patted his favorite stallion, whose name was stampy, because he loved to stamp his feet all the time.

Once again Artemis didn't quite know what to say. She was actually shyer than she looked, especially around two girls that were older, taller and probably more comfortable with this sort of situation than she was. Whatever the case, Art decided to do as they did; take everything in her stride and try to get along. She finished her water in no time at all. Generally she drank more than she ate, because somehow her small frame became dehydrated faster than most. There was only a moments respite before Alex bustled them off to go and look at the horses.

Art just had time to glimpse the rest of the house before everyone was out the door and moving towards the paddock. This time she had to stop and stare. Alex's horses really were as big as she had feared, but they were truly magnificent creatures. Quietly she shuffled up behind the three older teens and stood on tiptoe to just brush her hand over a horse's nose. It looked like she'd need a ladder to mount these tall creatures. "Oh Alex, they're simply lovely!" she exclaimed, and she would have given one a good pat but she just couldn't reach.

Maddiie walked out following the rest, she hadn't seen a horse since forever, and she knew that. Smiling she observed the horses from quite a distant and watched Arty as she grew nearer. "Would you like help Artry I'm sure they won't bite." she crouch down to get on her level, she looked alot more excited than Maddiie was, also Maddiie noticed Leah wasn't talking much, did she forget Artry had spoken to her? Rude, plain and simple but Maddiie didn't mention it. She waited to see what Artry would say, as one of the horses bellow wildly, it was a old black one, but it had a ivory coated for its nose. "Spot?" she chuckle trying to guess the horses name.

Leah stared at the horses with interest. She hadn't seen an actual horse in a long time. "Very beautiful." Leah said, touching one of them on the side of their face.

" This is stampy." Alex said patting the one he was going to ride, " From here on there names are, Carla, I have not Idea why this one is called Wombat, and Fifi." Alex said smiling as they looked at them, and Maddiie tried to guess the name of Fifi and Leah was patting wombat and Art, was looking at Carla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back