Agh-ness! (Hard decisions) :P

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Vivienne needed air. She needed to think things over by herself. After leaving the owlery, she ran down the slippery steps so fast, it was a miracle that she didn't fall. Her mind swimming, she hurried through the corridors. After what felt like forever, Vivienne finally reached the Hufflepuff house. She locked herself in her dorm, and tried to forget everything that was weighing on her mind.

(( Almost a week later ))

After avoiding everything for the better part of the week, Vivienne finally realised that she needed to make some decisions. Grabbing her bag, she walked slowly through the gardens to find her favourite spot, under a willow tree. Its long leafy branches were like a floor-length curtain, blocking out the rest of the world.

Sitting with her back to the rough trunk, Vivienne dug her hand deep into her bag, expecting to find the letter. Instead, she only found air. Standing up, she looked around frantically, searching through her bag and all around her. But then Vivienne realised, she must have dropped it in the owlery. It definitely wasn't in her dorm, she hadn't seen it in the week past. Arisa had been in the Owlery at the same time as Vivienne, and that was the last person she wanted to read it.

Sighing, she sat back down. Arisa, or anyone else, could have easily found it by now, so there was no point in running up there. She pulled out her notebook, and began to scribble down whatever came to mind. Pictures, words, it all began to just flow out. In minutes, Vivienne had written the music and lyrics to a new song, among many random drawings.The gardens are good for inspiration.. Vivienne thought, smiling slightly to herself, forgetting her difficult impending decision.

Arisa made her way back to the castle from the forest she was rereading Viv's letter from her parents No, Viv can't move to France Arisa thought greedely. Then she saw Viv there writing something down, oh no, what ifits her reply to her mom? Arisa thought. She ran over to her friend "I'm sorry for my little display in the owlery." she said not bringing up the letter just yet. "And I'm sorry I've been avoiding you"

Vivienne jumped slightly as she heard Arisa's voice. She hadn't been expecting anyone to approach her. "Oh, hey.. Arisa. Um no, don't apologise. You didn't do anything wrong. And it's okay, I think I've been avoiding the whole world recently.." she smiled, shutting her notebook. "How've you been?" Vivienne asked, hoping that Arisa didn't know about her mother's letter.

(( Sorry for shortness :doh: Brain blank! ))

"I've been good" Arisa replied "how about you?" she asked seeing Viv looked a little sad and tired "have you been getting enough sleep? your not still sleep walking are you!?" Arisa asked worried putting a hand on Viv's shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" Vivienne laughed. She had been lonely, yes, but there was nothing really wrong with her. Maybe she was just still a little nervous around Arisa, even though there was no need to be. She'd gone back to her old self now. "Well I've been sleep walking for years, so it's nothing major." Vivienne said with a smile, turning to face Arisa.

Arisa gave concerned look "well, if its really nothing" she replied. Arisa felt the letter burning a hole in her pocket "Viv, are you going to move to France?" Arisa asked softly.

Vivienne felt her stomach drop as Arisa brought up what she was dreading. This doesn't necessarily mean she has the letter!! she thought, arguing with herself. Arisa might just be presuming, since she knows that my parents live there.. She can't have the letter!!

"I don't know what you're talking about, Arisa." Vivienne said, secretly crossing her fingers. She used to be a very bad liar, but these days she was getting better and better at it. Hopefully Arisa would tell her that it was just a presumption.. hopefully.

Arisa pulled out the letter and opened it.
"Vivienne, dear. This news is so very heartbreaking, especially considering the horrible coincidence. Just yesterday we lost Jennifer, a great employee and friend for many years. It's situations like this that truly show how fleeting life can be. But in the end, it makes you more appreciative of the things you have. God forbid, something could happen to someone even closer to us.. that's something I don't wish to think about. I know your father and I have been away alot, but we'd really like to see you more. We may be staying in France for up to a year, and your father and I think it would be great if we transferred you to Beauxbatons, at least for a bit. I know you've made some nice friends at Hogwarts, but I worry about you everyday, and I think that this would be better for the whole family. Svetlana would come with you, of course. I love you and miss you and hope you're well! Please think about what I've said. Your father will do some writing now..

Vivienne, this is very worrying news. Children seem to be dropping like flies at that school. And the Headmistress was kidnapped just last year! I'm beginning to think we made a mistake in sending you there. What were students doing with fireworks anyway? Imagine if that child had been you, Vivienne. I'd have never been able to forgive myself for putting you in danger. I know you're going to read this and think that I'm being an overprotective old git, but try and see it from my perspective. Your mother and I love you so very much. You're all we have. We know we haven't been there for you as much as we'd like, but that can change now. I really would like it if you came to Beauxbatons. Your mother and I are going to tour the school tomorrow, but we already know how great it is. Your mother loved her time there, and I bet you will too.

Be safe,
mother & father x" Arisa read the letter out loud. "I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss, and I'm sorry for poking my nose in where it dosn't belong, but please, you have to tell me, are you going to France?" Arisa added in a whisper.

"Where did you get that." Vivienne said quietly, furrowing her brow. She thought she knew, but what if there was more to it? What if someone else had found the letter, and given it to their friend, and they had given it to their friend, and so on, until it had reached Arisa. What if everyone knew about this now?

"And you're right, you are poking your nose in where it doesn't belong." Vivienne paused, before continuing on. "But I'll tell you anyway. Yes, my parents want me to go to France. Even though that I've explained that no one really died, they still want me to go." she said, looking down at her hands, unsure what else she could tell Arisa.

"you droped it in the owlery and i picked it up" Arisa mumbled. "no one else knows" she added. Arisa felt her heart drop when Viv seemed mad at her, one of her best friends might leave, and Arisa didn't want it to end in a fight, "what do you think your going to do?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back