Mia
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2 Essence of Mermaid Scale.
Leigh had been in New Zealand a little over two years it had taken her a while to get her feet on the ground but now she was well and truly settled. she had an apartment not to far from brightstone village and a job at a muggle cafe called Gloria Jeans near by. of course it wasn't her ideal cafe. if she ever had one it would be a lot more friendly, and welcoming than this regimented place with the facade of being stylish. as well as work she also had settled in wit the family she didn't know she had until about the time she graduated. she tried to meet up with Jaden and aunt Eliza every other week or so, though sometimes it was hard to fit it in when she had extra shifts and when they were working too.
today she was a work, it had been a fairly busy morning the morning rush of business men and women stopping for their capachino and flit whites on their way to work had kept her on her toes for a while then came half an hour of calm when she had to restock everything ready for the day. next came the beginning of the stream of casual shoppers who ordered fancy things she preferred this time of the day t th morning rush, even though the orders were more complicated the customers were more relaxed and likely to chat. there were old ladies meeting up for coffee and a chat, young mothers who looked like they would be dead on their feet if they didn't have a bit of caffeine soon (she always tried to put a little more coffee in those orders) often accompanied with their child, or sometime a group of them in sort of mums and bubs club. then came lunch time where other employees of the shops came for their lunch, occasionally leigh would have to make a delivery of a coffee and quiche to the shop across the way on the days when there was only one worker. as today was a friday it was always busier than other days with people treating themselves after maybe doing so well on their diet all week.
now it was the quiet spell in the afternoon when Leigh could possibly have her lunch break (she had already eaten her lunch in a ten minute break she had, but she liked the half hour to have a look around the shops often resulting in twenty minutes in the bookshop or second hand bookshop. right now she was on the counter as well as making the coffee as the Sophie other girl who was on was taking her break. though hopefully she would be back soon, she needed to sit down for a minute, she had just gotten some new shoes for work and her feet were killing her and she still had four hours left.

The day seems to have gone faster as she thought it would be, it was a Friday and typically the library at the center of New Orleans closes late, until seven or eight but today, they got out about three in the afternoon because of some maintenance of some old paintings from the civil war. The very old books that are in glass cases are being cleaned as well and the library board have called experts to clean them. Daphnie Reynolds is one of the board committee of the library and she likes how she sees the books and paintings inside the library being clean. To be honest, she doesn't have the cleaning disorder trait, she just loved to see books being take care of.

Off until Sunday, Daphnie decided to play tourist or just hang around at New Zealand for a couple of days. She apparated from her apartment living room and ended up just right in a dark alley in Wellington. Daphnie's last visit here was when before her parents divorce. After a brief looking around, the young lady walked to a residential where her father's place still standing, Timothy Wide dies after the divorce, her was hit by a truck while crossing from a Deli shop to a coffee shop to meet a client, her father is a real estate broker. The house went to her and half of the money and the other half of money went to her mother, who already accepted his lost. As she opened the wooded gate, Daphnie saw the past, for her it was beautiful, they were a perfect family.

Daphnie sigh and went inside, she lit up all the lights around the house by the use of her wand and settled in at her room. After a few minutes of just staring at the air, Daphnie decided to go to a cafe and read a book, an Edgar All Poe book. Once she was outside and about at the city of Wellington. Daphnie saw a cafe, it wasn't like cafe du monde but she hope they have a great cafe au lait and beignets which are her favorite. She went inside the said cafe and scanned the entire lot, there are people and the atmosphere is just right for her. Daphnie then went straight at the counter to order, she smiled as she saw thatthere's a person already waiting to help. "HI, do you have a cafe au lait and beignets?" Daphnie asked as she placed her book in the counter.

The book's tittle was The Mystery of Mary Rogets. It was based on a true story about the murder on Mary Rogers, who was brutality slain, raped and dumped at the river of New York going to New Jersey. "But if you don't have, I'll just have a nice cappuccino and a strawberry cheese cake." Daphnie said. Her smile was still on her face but she surely requires her cafe au lait. A few days without it could be okay as well as long as she has caffeine on her system. Daphnie then waited for her order before looking for a seat to relax.

a girl entered the shop. Leigh didn't recognise her so she was pretty sure she wasn't a regular. as the girl arderd this was conferemed. she cirtainly didnt have a kiwi accent that she had gotten used to. it was more like her sisters American accent. by now she knew the menue back to front. "I can do a cafe latte for you. though we have no beignets, but the strawbery cheesecake is a popular option for the regulars. What name can I put that order under?" she said smiling. she always tried to be nice to the customers.
Leigh headed to the fridge. and took out the nicest looking slice of cheesecake she put it on a plate "would you like some cream with the cake?" she asked. ince she had the answer to both questions she gestures to the seats many of them open. "Take a seat. and I will brink it over to you." she said, a smile on her face.
As Leigh started on the coffee Sophie returned "I will finish this order then if it is okay I will take my break" she said politely. "sure, I can take it out if you wan't she said however just then a family came in and the other girl had to take their orders. soon the coffee was made and Leigh loaded her a tray, usually it was protocol for her to put the coffee on cake on the counter and call the name, but seeing as she was heading out that way anyway she may as well take it. "one cafe au latte and one strawberry cheesecake" she said placing them each on the table as she said it.

Daphnie was a bit disappointed that the cafe doesn't have any beignets, it was her favorite but the cheese cake will do good as well. "Sure, I'll take a strawberry cheese cake and put Daph on it." She told the lady and once she told her it's okay, she saw the lady get a slice and put it on a plate. She then went back to her and is she wants cream with it, Daphnie nodded, "Yes, please." with a smile she looked where the lady was gesturing at, She nod once with a smile and went to take seat one a table near the cafe window. Daphnie settled down and took a seat at her right, placed her tote bag on the floor and started reading the book where she was half way down on the pages.

Daphnie had read the book twenty times now andshe's still curious about the story. She's one of those Poe scholars. Daphnie studied literature at St. Luis University but also went to Salem Witches Institute for her wizardry education. After a while, she frowned when her name wasn't called yet instead she caught a glimpse of the lady coming to her with a tray that she had ordered. "You should have just called me." Daphnie told at the server with a curious smile but was pleased at the same time. "Thank you anyways." She told the lady and looked around. It wasn't so busy and thought she could invite the lady to join her. "Would you like to join me?" Daphnie asked the lady, thinking it was her break now as the other girl seems just got back from her own. Her Louisiana accent was deep.

When the laady sad she would like some cream on her cheesecake. she smiled, t was interesting looking at peoples expression when they were asked that question all to often ladies eyes would light up but then the answer would be no followed about an excuse about being on a diet or wanting to loose weight. it was saddening how many people were insecure about their body. she wanted to tell everyone wo came in they were beautiful how they were. if she ever got her own own cafe she would have that written on each of the cups.
Leigh saw that the girl was reading a book as she took the food out. "there is no problem, I am on lunch break now so it was on route." she asked. Leigh didn't have much to do in her lunch break, she already had dinner in left overs from the previous nights pasta, and she knew there wouldn't be any more books in the bookstore and there were no clothes or general groceries she needed, besides, it was toasty warm in the cafe and cold and threatening rain outside. "are you sure you don't mind me joining?" she asked. she looked like someone she would get along with and goodness she needed friends, somewhere between leaving school and moving to new zealand she had lost contact with most of her friends. "I'll be back in a minute." she said nipping back over to the counter to pick up her Cappuccino she had made half an hour ago. she had made it over an hour ago but it was in her 'thermal' mug, which was more than a thermal mug, it had a charm on it that kept the drink the perfect temperature. when she got back she sat down. across from the girl. "what are you reading? is it any good?" she asked wondering if she had or should read it. she could tell by her accent that she was from somewhere in america though she wasn't that good at american accents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back