💕Former Thunderbird | 2048 Grad | Opinionated💕

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Open after Kadi posts with Micha
While Abigail had been fairly confident during her tryout, she wasn't so sure now. A lot of other people had tried out and had done pretty well too, had she really managed to stand out? She was lingering at the Quidditch pitch a bit, initially hoping to talk to Adam personally in case it would help her chances. But she didn't get the chance, and sighed as she took a seat on the bench that was usually for alternates. She took out her hairbrush and started brushing her hair, frowning as she went over her tryout in her mind. What could she have done better?

Micha was still running on the adrenaline of the try-outs and catching the snitch. He had stuck around after try outs trying to get any of the older students to talk to him and give him some feedback on how he did, especially the team's current seeker but she seemed busy. He stood there rocking back and forth on his feet, wondering if he should give up when he spotted another second year who tried out. He had seen her around school but had never gotten the nerve to talk to her, but this was finally his chance. Running his fingers through his messy hair, Micha walked over and waved to her. "Hey!" he said right as his voice cracked awkwardly. He felt heat rush to his face and he cleared his throat. "So you tried out for chaser right?" he asked quickly, hoping to avoid this interaction from becoming totally embarrassing. "How do you think you did?"

Abigail was going over her tryout in her head, mentally correcting small mistakes and wishing she could go back in time to actually do that, when she heard someone talk to her. She looked up to see a boy she recognized from her year, though she thought he was a Pukwudgie rather than a Thunderbird like her. Abigail looked him up and down and then nodded. "I did go for chaser." She said, running a hand through her freshly brushed hair to mess up it up a bit again, artfully. "I think I did excellently." She said coolly, not feeling the need to share her insecurities with a practical stranger. "What about you?"

Micha looked down at what he was wearing as she looked him up and down, and he wondered if he should have dressed up. No, that would ridiculous. He shook his head and smiled at her. "Oh yeah? I wish i felt that confident." he said brightly and rested his hands on his hips. "I tried out for seeker." he answered with a shrug, trying to play it cool. Micha new there was a lot of pressure that went along with the position and he really wanted a chance to prove himself. "I think I did alright. I caught the snitch at least once so there's that." he laughed. He couldn't wait to play again, that is if he made the team. "My name is Micha by the way!" he said excitedly, realizing he hadn't introduced himself yet.

Abigail allowed herself a small smile at the boy's admiration of her confidence. It meant her doubts and worries hadn't been noticeable to him, which was good. Abigail shrugged as if it was nothing, though the small smile remained in place. As the boy said he'd tried out for seeker, though, she looked at him with a bit more interest. "That's not an easy position." She commented lightly. "Say you had to play a match as seeker, do you think you could handle the pressure? The whole game would basically hinge on your abilities." She told him, listing one of the reasons she herself hadn't tried out for that spot. "That's a lot of pressure." She said with a small shrug. "But they already have a seeker, so the most you'll probably get this year is alternate, assuming there's room." She added dismissively, listing another reason why she hadn't gone for that position. Abigail nodded. "I'm Abigail." She said, though she said it in a way that made it clear she felt he should know this already.

Micha looked up as Abigail mentioned the position being difficult. “Yeah?” he replied almost involuntarily, wanting to hear her opinion. “I mean, yeah! I know, but I’m up to the challenge.” he said confidently with a shrug and tried to look casual about it as he tried to lean against his broom. He managed the pose for only a second before slipping and catching himself quickly. The older players made it seem so easy and he pushed back his hair as she questioned him some more. “For sure. But that probably won’t happen.” he answered with a laugh but remembered the game last year when Hope had been taken out by bludgers. “Right?” he asked, his voice cracking again as he started to worry. But he shrugged that off and tried not to look too excited as she introduced herself. Finally he had a name to put to the face. “And you’re a second year? I think we’ve been in some classes together.” he said casually like he was just making small talk. He ended up shrugging, wanting to downplay just how aware of her he had been.

Abigail smiled slightly when the boy said he was up for the challenge. While it was an admirable thing to say, Abigail kind of doubted how true it was. From what she could tell, this boy would crumble under the pressure of a real match. Abigail's smile turned a bit sharper. "Well, it's not an unlikely scenario. Seekers are usually the target of bludgers." She said. Now he started to worry, and she couldn't help her amusement. If he got on the team, he had a lot to learn. Abigail ran her fingers through her hair and frowned a bit as he asked if she was a second year. Again, she felt like he should know who she was. "Yes. I am." She said coolly.

Obviously Micha knew that getting hit with bludgers was part of the game but for some reason when she said it felt more real and a lot more scary. "Yeah, I know that." he said with a bit of an overexaggerated laugh. He noticed the chilly way she confirmed she was in his year and he started to worry he had done something wrong. "Cool. Cause I am too. A second year. Obviously." he took a deep breath after stumbling through that sentence. "Well maybe if we both make the team we could hang out some time. Talk strategy or do...homework?" he suggested in a casual way but he still found it hard to look at Abigail as he asked, so he kept his eyes at the sky and squinted as if he was actually looking at something.

Abigail wondered why she was still talking to this boy, but she supposed there was no one else around paying attention to her. She had hoped to talk to the captain after tryouts, but clearly he was busy. "We'll see." She said as he suggested hanging out. "You'll have to make the team first." She added with a slight smile. Of course, the same was true for her, but she was going to pretend she was sure to get in.

To Micha's slight surprise Abigail didn't just outright laugh in his face and his face lit up at her lukewarm answer. "Right right." he stammered quickly, and held up his hands and shrugged, which just made him look more spastic than casual. "Well good luck then. I guess." he said reassuringly and waited a beat to see if she would return the gesture. An awkward silence fell over them yet and Micha realized there was never really a good way to exit a conversation. He pretended to hear someone call his name and looked over his shoulder. "Well I gotta go." he said with an apologetic shrug. "I'll see you around. You know in lessons and stuff. Cause...we have lessons. Ok bye." he rambled before turning quickly and walking away before he could stick his foot into his mouth even farther.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back