After the Yule Ball

"Sydney?" Lily asked with a surprised tone. "Sounds like it was a lot more exciting to grow up in than Wisconsin. I never got to do that kind of fun stuff. Part of the reason that I have never gone home on breaks. That and the family is really not sure about what to do with my magical abilities."

Her voice got a bit sad at the end. She really didn't want to bring the night down, she was having too much fun. So she refocused back on Ford. "So, what other kinds of trouble were you able to get into sneaking out?" She smiled at him, hoping that her voice was more upbeat and showed her interest in him again, than her sadness over her family.

[color=3b5323]"Most of what I did was loot abandoned buildings," Ford shrugged, [color=3b5323]"However, in addition to the occasional arson, I did seem to have propensity for the necessary chase through sewers and abandoned high rises."</FONT><FONT font="arial"> He flashed a mischievious grin, [color=3b5323]"However. I was only shot at once. Some hoodlums really liked their Pop-Tarts, as curious as that sounds."[/color][/color][/color]

Lily looked at Ford as he spoke, surprised at what he did before he came to school. "I miss Pop Tarts. I would probably throw a few unforgivables if someone tried to steal mine." Lily smiled wide, and winked at Ford. She walked a few steps away and picked up an armful of wood. She stood and brought it back to where they were. "Where shall we light this up? The hospital is getting a bit chilly." She gave Ford a pouty look, hoping he would know she was teasing, but getting a bit cold.

[color=3b5323]"Then let's get this fire started," Ford said and gathered some wood into a pile on the beach. Why am I being nice? He finally realized, What's going on with me?

With his wand out, he incanted [color=3b5323]"Incendio,"</FONT>
<FONT font="arial"> and the wood ignited in a small fireball. [color=3b5323]"Sweet Vishnu!"[/color] He said as it died back into a normal sized campfire. A little too excited, I suppose.[/color][/color]

Lily watched as Ford lit the pile of wood on fire. "SWEET!" she exclaimed as it flamed up at first. "That was awesome! I guess you do know a bit about getting a fire going," she said with a wink. "Where do you want to sit?" She was not really sure if Ford was a 'sit on the ground' type or how her dress would handle that, but she was adventurous and willing to try anything.

Ford returned Lily's wink in kind, [color=3b5323]"That I do,"</FONT> he said as he pulled up a rather large log on which they could sit. [color=3b5323]"This one looks rather dry, of course that I means I might have to watch it with my fire making."<FONT font="arial"> His tone continued to be playful, which surprised Ford as well as frightened him a little bit.[/color][/color]

Lily giggled as she sat down on the log. "Yeah, I may not take too kindly to the log I am sitting on catching on fire." She smiled at him, still in amazement that she was out here talking with Ford. "But it would be nice and warm that way." She was still a bit chilly as she settled in on the log, stretching her legs out in front of her and crossing her ankles right over left.

Ford sat down next to Lily as the fire blazed in front of them, and suddenly he got an idea. With his wand which was still out, he flicked it and muttered an incantation quietly. The fire flared up momentarily then began turning colors randomly, shifting through different colors at once.

Lily sat in awe of the flames. "That is really cool," she said to Ford quietly. She kept looking at the flames as they changed colors. Subtlely, she moved a bit closer to Ford as they sat watching the flames dane around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back