After the tower.....

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda had her wand held tightly in her hand as she ran now from her dormitory, through the common room down the stairs and out through the large entrance doors. Her head felt as if it were going to explode, she needed to escape somewhere and the forest was the only place she knew she could go. She had made a complete ass of herself back in the tower, embarressing her friends and shaming herself. How could she have acted that way? Her temper though was out and raw again, the silly little girl who had stumbled into her dorm had gotten possibly a shock from Andromeda's reaction to her being there but she didn't care about that now.

She ran, ran as if her legs were her wolf legs. The pain from her charmed leg throbbed but she ran through that as well until she was infront of the forest, suddenly she felt as if she should have come here in the first place. Dark and dismal as it was, had she really sunk so low? Was she so used to the dreary dungeons of Durmstrang that this was as close to it as she could get? Andromeda was so confused, her heart felt constricted in pain and her head felt as if it would explode. She didn't know what was happening to her or why she had just behave appallingly. Would Kat ever forgive her?

With her wand held out infront of her, she banished branches aside to clear a path through for herself. Not once did she light her wand, she didn't want to. At last when she was as deep as her legs would take her, she slumped down on the ground at the base of a tall old tree. It was dark, lonely and cold but she felt she deserved to be there.

Kat had searched everywhere for Andy. Dang that girl is fast she thought to herself as she snooped all about the school grounds. If it would have been anyone else then she would have just gone back to the party, but this was Andy and she had to find out what in the sweet name of Merlin hadn't gotten into her friend. She passed the lake, stopping momentarily to look at how pretty the last bit of the days sunlight looked across the water. Shaking her head slightly to return her thoughts back to the task she'd set out here for, Kat looked back across the school grounds.

Maybe she's gone back up to the castle she thought, but then she caught a slight glimpse of movement over near the edge of the forest. "Oh you have got to be kidding me," she muttered to herself. She didn't really feel like having to bust someone, but it was getting darker outside and being in the forest was already a no-no and being in there after dark was an even bigger no-no.

With her wand withdrawn she neared the forest and with a deep breath she headed inside its darkness. Kat cleared her throat and said loudly enough so that the person could hear her, "You're not to be in here! I think it would be best if you just turn around head back the other way." Kat was pissed because she had really wanted to find Andy, but this seemed to be the more pressing matter...she'd have to find her friend later.

Andromeda heard a low mumble, someone was coming into the forest. Another few minutes and whoever it was might find her. She didn't care anymore, infact if it was one of the professors she would probably welcome the distraction, the punishment. It was almost as if she was trying her best to push things that far, some prefect she was turning out to be. Had she become so used to the bad treatment that she really went looking for it now? Her hand still clutching her wand she flicked her wrist again and again, sending tiny shooting red sparks out of the tip of it. Shaking her head from side to side at her own stupidity and lack of tact, Andromeda wandered where she had gone so wrong. She was better than this and she knew it and yet, for some inexplicable reason she wanted to push herself to the edge of reason or maybe she had gone well passed that already.

Kat saw a few red sparks fly, likely from the tip of someones wand. She sighed heavily and thought Guess we're gonna have to do this the hard way then. She cautiously approached the shadowed figure. "Lumos!" Kat said and a white light emitted from the tip of her wand. Relief and a bit of anger surged through Kat when she realized who the person was the she had been following. "Andy! What in the sweet name of Merlin are you doing in here?" she said as she lowered her wand, knowing that she wouldn't need it.

Red hot tears of anger and pity had begun to trickle down her face, as Kat appeared in the messed up clearing that Andromeda had made she wiped at them furiously. She expected her friend and room mate to be angry with her but still didn't like the thought that she had upset Kat in any way.
"Trying not to make a bigger ass of myself than I have already" she mumbled, hanging her head and lowering her wand so that the sparks stopped and they were pretty much in darkness.

Shaking her head with a little chuckle escaping her throat Kat asked, "Since when does pouring butter beer on someone make you an ass?" True, the whole incident had shocked Kat slightly, but she wasn't really sure why. Maybe Kale truly did have it coming to him, though the comment that Andy had made about Kale and Lily still confused her, but she'd find out what that meant from Lily herself.

Trying to lighten the mood just a little she asked Andy, "Is it almost your time of the month?" Kat knew that Andy wouldn't take it in the sense that most other girls would and she hoped that her friend wouldn't take any offence to it as she herself was still getting used to the idea of Andy being a...well, a werewolf.

Andromeda couldn't help but smile up at Kat, she lit her wand just a little and held it lightly infront of her.
"I'd probably do the butterbeer thing all over again but I shouldn't have said anything to Lily. That was just stupid. Anger talking I guess and yeah, tomorrow night" she was grateful Katalina knew about her secret, it helped alot that early last year she had broken down and revealed to some of her closest house mates what her condition was. They all had a right to know considering they had to live with her and every one of them had taken it so well, had been so supportive.
"I guess I'm carrying too much baggage around since Durmstrang and well..." she fished inside her pocket and took out the gift her step grand-mother had sent her, the collar had been burnt but Andromeda had kept the dog biscuit. It was almost to remind her how cruel she could turn out if she kept going down this path and yet sometimes, this path seemed easier to take than the 'good girl one' she had been on before.
She passed the biscuit up to Katalina.
"that was part of my birthday present from my new family, I guess I'm just behaving nasty and spiteful as a coping mechanism. I don't know Kat... I don't know!" she was hurting and at a freshly turned 14 she couldnt' understand any of the maddening emotions or trials she had been put through and was going through.

I'm going to have to find out from Lily what that's all about she thought and then hearing that Andy's transformation was tomorrow night made sense to why she was in rare form today. She merely nodded at her friend, not really sure what words would be right in this particular situation.

Kat flinched slightly at the word 'Durmstrang' and wondered if she'd ever be able to hear the name of the school without having that reaction. It angered her that the students there had treated Andy so horribly, only giving her more reason to hate the entire institution. She looked oddly at the object that her friend handed her, not really sure what to think of it. Had that been some sort of sick little joke from someone? But who could be that heartless?

She wrapped Andy in a tight hug, just letting her know that she wasn't alone...or that she didn't have to be. "We're here for you Andy! You don't have to figure this all out by yourself. You're here with people who love and care about you! Just remember that okay!" she said, getting slightly misty-eyed, but not really crying.

Andromeda let Kat hug her and settled into the embrace letting her head rest against her friends shoulder as silent tears rolled their way down her face. She had made such a mess of everything already since she came back, perhaps she just hadn't been ready.

"I wish it were that easy Kat, I really do" she wiped the tears away and with a sigh told Kat the extent of the damage done to her at Durmstrang, the removal of her wolfsbane so she could be used to experiment on. The torture is both her human form and wolf form, the subsequent loss of her left leg and the awful charmed prosthetic that was now in its place. The fear she had of flying now incase she was never as good as she once was. The horrid nightmares that were constant and the abandonment of her by her own mother, not to mention the flea collar and dog biscuit from her step-grandmother. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted from her in the telling of her morbid tale, she felt relieved in a way that not only Zuka knew anymore.

"I guess it all came to a head back there, knowing I got simply hit with a water balloon last year and the rest of last year got so ill treated that the only one I could revenge myself on was Kale... and Lily" she hung her head in shame again, "they were obviously only having a food fight, there was food everywhere and the house elves did tell me later that the two had simply let it get out of control. I made it sound worse than it was. I'm making enemies when I should be keeping my head down and keeping hold of the friends I have".

Kat sat there and listened as Andy told her about everything that had happened to her while she had been at Durmstrang. If there had ever been any doubt in her mind of whether or not she hated that school it was now all erased. That place needed to be abolished completely if they allowed such nasty people to come through there (Katerina and Yvan being the exception of course). Kat's heart broke for Andy, it truly did, but the last thing Andy needed was her pity.

"I'm sure everyone will forget it in a few days. It'll blow over just like everything else does." she said reassuringly, patting her friend on the back. "I'll talk to Lily. I don't think you've done any permanent damage. And as for Kale...well that was pretty funny and if he threw a water balloon at you then he most likely had it coming." Kat added with a smirk. She couldn't help but laugh at the thought of Kale covered in butter beer.

"Hey...you've still got friends. Do you think I'd be sitting in here," Kat motioned to the forest around them, "If I didn't love the snot out of you?" She could tell it would be a while before they would get even a glimmer of their old Andy back, but she knew if everyone kept trying to pull it out of her then eventually over time the Andy that they used to know would be back with them.

[so sorry Kat]

Andromeda smiled at her friend, she was utterly grateful to her for coming out here.
"Thank you, kids have long memories though. I mean it took me over a year to get Kale back for a simple water balloon. I'm sure they'll remember the bizarre rantings and behaviour of the mad red head for a bit longer than a few days" she shrugged, keeping her head on Kat's shoulder and hoping her friend didn't mind. She felt comfortable here, as dark as it was and as miserable as she felt. She also felt at peace now that she had unloaded so much. She reflected on what Kat had said and couldn't help but giggle a little.
"That's pretty disgusting by the way... where did you ever come up with that turn of phrase, loving the snot out of you? Yuck much" she smiled.

Thearus, was going to go check on the outer fringes of the forest and find what students he could, He never did like them being alone. Nor did he like having to warn them and so on. But...he did so anyway.

He was almost there when he heard voices, "there's always one isn't there".
Not once in his life had he been to the fringes and not seen a human. Not once!

He made his way over to see two girls talking and so on.
Keeping just out of view he wondered what to do, The usual sword tip and warning or try something else. Then again, students never listen properly without the sword. He would apologize later.

He half leaped half galloped the remaining space between them, bringing himself around to face them. His sword tip gleaming. "And who would you two be..."
There was something....unusual with the red headed one. Though he couldn't place what it was. He thought about age difference and he supposed he would be much older then them. Then again he really didn't know much about humans and their aging.

Andromeda looked up from her place on the ground, startled at first then extremely weary. The last centaur she had met had threatened her viciously, though she had welcomed it and even tried goading him into killing her at the time. She had been so distraught on becoming a werewolf and had fled like a wild thing into the forest knowing they were there, tempting fate and screaming for their wrath. Now she just wanted to be left alone. More than that though on seeing his sword she feared for Kats safety. Slowly she stood up her hands held up to show she was not a threat, placing her wand into her pocket so he would see she wasn't going to use any magic on him. Of course eventually he would sense the wolf in her and then both girls could be in serious trouble.

"I'm Andromeda and this is Katalina. We weren't staying. I was upset and Kat came to help me".
she tried to keep her voice even and free of fear for Kats sake, though she was now just as nervous for herself. Couldn't anything go right for her?

His head slowly turned to the red headed girl as she said her name. He knew who....and what..she was! She had come once before. He took a look back at that dreadful moment. He had seen her ask for death.

He slowly lowered the blade the gleam moving along the blade until it vanished.
"Andromeda" He said slowly, his mystical voice filled with mixed thoughts.

He fell silent for a while longer, wondering if she would remember him, he doubted it.

Andromeda's head raised her eyes were beginning once again to fill with tears, she had been through too much. Had come so close to death in her last few months that she knew now she did not want it, not the way she had called out for it so long ago. The centaur infront of her was not as old as the one that had threatened her then, he was younger but still something vaguely familiar. He even said her name as if he knew her, of course this didn't surprise her the centaurs knew of the she-wolves existence. She hung her head low and waited for whatever he would say next, grateful at least that the blade of his sword had been lowered.

"Yes" was all she could manage, a lump forming in her throat. If she by her stupidity for coming in here had gotten Kat into trouble or danger of any kind she would never forgive herself.

Thearus wondered what to say, what he could say. He wanted to tell her how glad he was that she was still alive and well, the poor girl didn't deserve half of how she had been treated. Though, he couldn't...not just yet. He had to act like a centaur he said to himself.

"You're still alive then", He murmured quietly.

Andromeda raised her head slowly, his voice held not contempt for her kind as she expected but was almost sympathetic. Her head tilted slightly as she tried to see him properly in the darkness of the forest. Turning briefly to Kat to make sure she was alright, Andromeda merely nodded her head as she turned back to the centaur.

"Just about I guess" she wanted to take a step forward and look more closely at him but didn't want to risk it, "do you have a name?"

She found herself intrigued that any of the centaurs would tolerate her this long, that the one before her now had lowered his sword so easily. He seemed about as old as they were, was this the reason for his empathy? She wasn't sure, just very curious now about the magical creature before her.

"I am Thearus Forthiem..." He slide his word back into its shieth.

He looked at her for a moment longer, "I was there when you came before..." his gaze moved over to the other girl before returning back to Adromeda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back