After the Medley

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
OOCOut of Character:
The first part of this RP can be found HERE

Hilary arrived in her small living room and stepped out of the fireplace. Quickly dusting herself off she looked around the room lit dimly by the evening light outside. As she was in the midst of unpacking, there were boxes everywhere. The only things that were really unpacked were the couch and coffee table left by the previous tenant and a few little trinkets she had pulled off the top of a box to try to make it seem a little more homey. A bookshelf she had gotten from her mother's was sitting partially constructed in the corner. Several boxes were sitting open on the floor, with even more remaining untouched in the corners. The former Gryffindor despised moving.

With a flick of her wand Hilary turned the lights on. She took a brief minute and tried to make the place look just a little neater. She pushed some boxes off the couch to allow for somewhere to sit down and began to dig through a box of dishes looking for a plate that she'd be able to put cookies on.

It took a minute or two for Maddiie to remember how floo powder traveling went. She was custom to apparating all the time, it was no fault of her own she would forget the means of traveling by using a random fire place. She saw her good friend Hilary passed through it real quick, the flames crack and fizzle in the end letting out a long hissed. She grab a hand full of loo powder, spoke of the place and through the powder right into the flames. Maddiie step in disappearing from the mall, her body swirled and twirled in place, the flames stop spinning when both feet hit the ground.

She open her eyes to see blonde hair whizzing passed the fire place. "Nice place you have here, you don't live to far away!" she climb out of the fire place, flicking away the dust. She took out her wand and clean the remaining of the dust with "Scourgify" she pocket her wand when finished. "Do you live alone or with a roommate?" she asked Hil.

Maddiie came whizzing into the living room just as Hilary found the small platter she had been looking for. She stood back up from the box and carried it over to the table. She smiled as Maddiie complimented her place, she was starting to like it as well, "Thank-you, though sorry about the boxes, I haven't had a lot of time for unpacking over the last couple of days." She pulled out her wand and cleaned off the dust and other packing gunk from the tray. "Right now I am living alone, though I may advertise for a roommate in the future. This house is a little big for just me." She smiled at her friend. "Would you like some tea or something?" she asked digging through one of the boxes of food that had moved with, slightly glad that she hadn't moved it into the kitchen yet.

"Hey it's a roof over your head" she didn't mind it. She had moved a few times, from London to Hawaii back to London, and New Zealand all over again. She had such a messy past, it's miraculous she survived all these years. "Roommate would be fun, it reminds me of Hogwarts years" she took up a seat on Hilary's couch, setting on the edge. Maddiie crossed her leg, with one cup of long island ice tea she felt a buzz coming on. It's just go to show you she was a very light drinking, Maddiie never overdid anything now that she was a mom of two. "Yes please, the strongest spice you have, I'm trying to get rid of the buzzing around my head" she laughed, a blush flattered her cheeks. She'd want to be good and ready to tell Hilary just as much as the facts she could remember. "Besides Canada did you go anywhere else Hilary?" she directed her eyes at the blonde, it be nice to know more about Gyrffindor, Surly she had more to share besides moving to Canada, it be nice to hear something normal now and days.

"I think roommates could be nice, though in Hogwarts I was dorming with a ghost for a while... not sure I'll do that again" she said, remembering the days of living alongside Anastasia after her death. When Maddiie took a seat, Hilary thought she saw her waver a little, probably out of the combination of the alcohol and tiredness. When she asked for the strongest spiced tea, it confirmed it.

Hilary pulled some ginger and spice tea from the box as well as a box of assorted cookies. "Do you want to follow me through to the kitchen? I'll put a kettle on and we'll have you feeling a lot clearer soon." Hilary started to walk through still talking to Maddiie. "I haven't really been anywhere that exciting recently, though I did go visit Kerri in France for her 20th birthday." She wasn't sure if the former Hufflepuff ever met her half sister in the couple of years she was at the school, but thought that she'd mention it anyways.

"Yeah sure..." she gather herself up and followed Hilary. She was up and running, just the buzzed many her vision a little blurry. "Oh Kerri, that name rang a bell..if she could remember the girl, than she'd remember Kerri had attended Hogwarts. "I'm sorry I have a hard time remembering the past these days, it's sort of why I wanted to come here instead of talking out there" she lean against the walls, arms cross to her chest. Now where do I began? She brushed her brown tawny hair, running a finger through her smooth scalp.

"Okay well during Hogwarts I was with this guy and he was a transfer in his last year. I don't know if I should tell you but he was my first husband" this story was seriously confusing, how can she start it like that? "I don't know if that even matters" she chuckle peering down. The ugly truth so disgusting, she wouldn't let herself explain it in complete details. "Well anyways, reason why I haven't been out much cause I'm a werewolf....bitten almost two years ago. Please don't be afraid, it's not a full moon and I've been getting along well with my potion" she stop rambling. A werewolf reaction could change people, if it change Hilary she hate hate to think she can never trust anyone but her family again.

Hilary walked down the dark and fairly narrow hallway to reach her fair sized kitchen at the back of the house, still talking with Maddiie. She could tell that it was hard for her to talk and remember things in the past. What has happened to cause this change, I never remember her being like this the Gryffindor thought.

They arrived in the kitchen and Hilary clicked on the light. It was as box filled as the living room, though they were mostly laid out on the table and half empty. Walking over to the sink, she took her kettle and filled it with water. Having been raised a muggle, she still chose to do many simple tasks without magic.

Clicking on the kettle, she went to pour the cookies onto the platter, now lying on the kitchen table. Hilary took one of the two empty seats at the table and pushed the cookies in Maddiie's direction while listening to her story.

As she listened, Hilary began to feel closer to the Hufflepuff across from her. She had not known much about her story in anyway before. Hilary did not interrupt or insert any comments into Maddiie's story. This was her time to share.

When she mentioned that she was a werewolf, Hilary shuddered just slightly. She didn't know much about werewolves, other than what she had in school. She was not afraid, but more a little unsure, and that showed on her face. Hilary said the first thing that came to mind, "And how has that changed your life?" she asked.

Maddiie sat down the chair offered to her. She laid her head on her palm and shrug. Picking up a cookie she bit into, tasted sugary possibly her favorite. she was to into telling her story to care what kind of cookies Hilary spread out for them. "Good and bad things came out of it, I mean it's not the worst thing to ever happen to me" she looked far out in daze explaining her dilemma, far worst things could of happen to anyone, she was grateful to be sitting here with Hilary to be able to share someone a story from her past. "I like to think of it as another struggle in life, otherwise I won't be as sane as I am now" the words came out like water, it's like she been holding in for far too long.

"Anyroad, remember those Hogwarts years? I kind of miss those days when we didn't have to worry about much but studying" she slink back into the chair, she wasn't allowing herself to bore Hilary with much detail of her hectic life. She rather reminisce some old memories about Hogwarts years."Do you remember my step-sister Kasey Carla, the one my dad married her mom? She got married too and move to France. I don't know how she manages it up there. She had to learn to speak the language and everything to get by" she shook her head slipping out a chuckle, she missed Kasey. She missed her entire family, they hardly were around anymore these days except for Jake.

When Maddiie mentioned that both good and bad things had come out of being a werewolf, Hilary nodded. Although she obviously could not entirely relate, she found no problem understanding that. A few positive things came out of almost every negative event in life, and that was the best way of looking at it.

It was a great feeling for Hilary to be able to sit down and listen to her friend's situation, and know that even by just being there she was truly helping. When Maddiie seemed to change the subject slightly, Hilary did not fight it. This really wasn't her conversation to lead.

Remembering back to her Hogwarts years, Hilary shuddered slightly. She had taken on too much, and by the end she had almost collapsed into a ball of stress not taking very much in at all. "I remember school being a little insane, quite honestly" Hilary said, "though it was really fun to break away from the grind every once in a while". When Maddiie mentioned her step sister, Hilary nodded slightly, "I may have met her a few times through some school clubs, but we weren't super close."

"Did you ever hear about the time that a bunch of us got together to prank one of the professors of the day on Halloween of first or second year? We ended up having to call our brooms and fly out of the window to try to escape after everything went a little rough." Although at the time, it had been a lot of a rush, Hilary still remembered the moment as a great memory with a lot of the people that had made her school years memorable.

Maddiie nodded understanding, she wasn't as close to Hilary than she is now. Maybe because she was always into some sort of drama with her and her family. It was quite nice to see everything normal again for everyone. Yeah she a werewolf, but what can she do about it? She had to live life like it was normal, just every month she went to London and stayed at her old house to keep safe away from her family.

"No I never heard about that" she giggle shaking her head at Hilary. "But I believe it anyways, I had my trouble with Professor King when he was teaching there, so I imagine our year were rebellious to the professors" the old owl incident came in mind right away, she had been very mad at her old Professor. Now it was good to just laugh about it now. "I heard he's been struggling with the Aurors, well word of mouth really" she had her husband to thank for that, still she kept a lot information to herself and never was the type to abuse any information that was said to her in private. Personal life came first, the news paper came second, it was like her own little motto she lived by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back