After the fire...

Thanatos Perthro

OOC First Name
xephia

Thanatos felt the spinning begin to slow as he apparated, but even as he felt his feet touch the earth, the blackness didn't fade. It took him a moment to adjust his eyes to the night.

He was surrounded by tree trunks and bush. Roots jutted out of the undergrowth, and after just one step her nearly tripped. Damn, where was he? He hadn't had anywhere in mind when he disapparated. He had just wanted to get out of the Leaky and away from that idiot of a shop keeper as fast as possible...

Suddenly, something made him jump, and he wheeled around as someone else apparated. Damn it! had that bastard followed him?
<i></i>

Luxen looked around, not knowing where he was just that he'd ended up where that Death Eater had. He was dizzy and began to scan the area for him, Luxen was sure the man was around here "come out, or I'll burn this forest!" Luxen called out to the open air.

((OOC: I like the name of the forum, I was thinking of it too))

Thanatos slunk back into the shadows. Was this man insane? Would he burn an entire forest just to have him dead? When he could just apparate out anyway? Thanatos slipped his wand out of his pocket, but didn't step out into the open. From here he could see Silverback through the leaves, although he was not much more than a silhouette. Lets see if he'll live up to his threat, he thought with a sneer. He cast a silent dissillusion charm on himself.
<i></i>

Luxen continued to look around "damn" he whispered as he saw nothing, The death Eater probably Apparated out of here all ready and he had already cause too much attention at the cauldron to just burn down a forest without reason. "hmm... Homenum Revelio!" Luxen casted the spell knowing that it would reveal to him if anybody was near by, even if they tried to make themselves invisible. If the Death Eater wasn't here he would simply go home without a seconds thought, but if he was here...

Thanatos rolled his eyes as he heard Silverback cast the spell. Looks like he wouldn't be able to sit back and watch the idiot make a fool of himself, after all.

"Fancy seeing you here," he said casually, stepping out into the little clearing where the moonlight shone. "I thought you would have had had enough of me at the Leaky to want a second date." Thanatos smirked and lifted his wand, pointing it at Silverbacks head.
<i></i>

"funny" Luxen mocked "tell me, why do the Death Eaters have reason to burn down the Leaky Cauldron?" he asked with a smirk his wand hand slightly twitchy. Luxen was tired, it had been a long time since he'd been in this long of a duel and with the smoke still in his lungs, he really didn't wish to continue the fight... at least for now.

"What makes you think it was a Death Eater?" Thanatos asked, suspicious, although he didn't show it. He put on the act of curiosity, and gave Silverback an unbelieving look. "What would any Death Eater have against me?" He shook his head and laughed softly. "I could probbaly convince the Ministry that you were the one who lit the fire in my pub, with the display you gave there. And so many witnesses, too! How many people did you kill just then, Silverback? Were you keeping count?" He snarled. "Your a wannabe Death Eater, and it's pathetic."

<i></i>

Luxen was angry but didn't show it. "so your the owner of the Leaky Cauldron!?" Luxen said smiling, this wannabe death eater just got some pretty usefull information from that retarded Death Eater. "well since we're talking about Ministry, I wonder how they would feel about finding out a local bar keep was a Death Eater in disguise and how many other Death Eaters they might find if they simply torture you" Luxen said with a dark loud laugh. "We could get cells next to each other and spend the rest of our lives behind bars" Luxen said jubilantly laughing

He would have worked it out, anyway, Thanatos thought. It was bound to be in the Prophet. And even if not, anyone could tell him that he owned (or rather, had owned) the Leaky Cauldron.
"I'd rather die than have a cell next to you," Thanatos sneered in reply. "And the same goes for betraying the Death Eaters. I'm not so much of a coward as you, Silverback." Thanatos stepped forward, his wand still raised. "However, I think we can come to an agreement." he smiled.
<i></i>

"fool the ministry have ways of finding information out, besides you blabbing" Luxen sneered "The're going to investigate the fire, and figure out we were dueling inside.... it'll only be a matter of time, so what's this agreement?" Luxen said a note of fear in his voice almost undetectable. He had been in Azkaban for three years, he'll be in for life if caught again, everything he'd worked for gone in an instance because he'd gotten emotional; there had to be a way out of this and if he had an idea then Luxen was more than willing to hear it.

"Exactly," said Thanatos, his lip curling at the sheer stupidity of the man. "The Ministry will work out that we were dueling, and so you will become a prime suspect." He flicked his wand, and a cobra appeared at Silverback's feet, hissing. "However, I think we're both Slytherins here, am I not wrong? Neither of us are stupid enough to do the noble thing, and dob the other in." He cast a silent imperious on the snake, and made it bear in's fangs threateningly, to show that it was not a question. The snake rose up, swaying, although Thanatos wasn't going to make it attack. It would be too suspicious if this man died, as Silverback had already pointed out, it was obvious that the two had dueled in the pubs last few minutes. All he had to do was hold his tongue, and he would live.
<i></i>

Luxen stared at the snake without fear "we can keep our mouths shut but what about the investigation, last time I checked it's still a crime to burn down a pub with people in it" Luxen said watching the snake closely "If you didn't torch the place then who did? we need to find them before it becomes our heads on the rack"

"That's your problem, not mine. I'll keep my part of the bargain, and hold my tongue about you being in the bar, and the murders you committed. But, I'm not going to help you persuade others, nor am I going to tell you who burnt it." And with that Thanatos turned on the spot an apparated out, back to see what had become of his home and his job. Back to find his life in ashes.
<i></i>

Luxen cursed as he blew apart the snake Thanatos had left "bastard! this isn't the last time we meet, I know who you are now!" Luxen said laughing as he turned and apparated back to his nice clean shop.

((OOC: this is a joke if you check out what happens in between at the Silver Snake labeled Tin's Night))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back