After the Fact

Sarah rolled over in bed. Surprised that she did not snuggle up to the warmth of Valcan's body, she woke up. Slowly sitting up, she realized that she was alone in the room. "Valcan?" she said softly. "Baby where are you?" As the realization that he was not in earshot sank in, she rolled out of the bed, placing her robe around her and tying it snuggly in the front.

Softly opening the door so as not to disrupt anyone sleeping down the hallway, she padded barefoot into the hallway and headed towards the stairs. She figured that Valcan had gone to his study. She started down the dark stairwell, hoping to find him in an agreeable mood.

Valcan hummed softly to himself as he prowled up the stairs, a rather satisfied smirk plastered to his face as his eyes glittered with amusement. He frowned as he heard someone making their descent down the stairs, but figured that pulling out his wand would look too suspicious. He didn't want to alarm anyone over an issue that had already been settled.

"Sarah," he purred softly in his thick accent, recognizing her form as he got into better light, "What brings you out of bed at this ungodly hour?" He was quite glad it was her and not one of the girls; that would indeed spoil his rather chipper mood as of now.

Sarah heard footsteps coming her way on the stairs. She hoped it was Valcan and not one of his grandchildren. They were not too happy when they found out that their grandfather had started a relationship. Estrella was displeased more than Sophia was to see her around. Sophia seemed indifferent, like she didn't care one way or another. Estrella tended to get a bit green everytime she looked at Sarah.

She chuckled a touch at that thought, then began to recognize the shape that was making its way up the stairs. "Valcan," she spoke softly. "I woke up and you weren't there, so I decided to come find you." As she stood on the steps, with Valcan a few steps below her, she was almost eye to eye with the man she loved. Her left hand was on the railing, but her right hand raised, and stroked his cheek. "I was.... lonely." Leaning slowly forward, she moved to kiss her love on the lips, wondering what was making him so happy and wondering if she would be able to use it to her advantage to get what it was that she wanted at this late hour.

Valcan smiled warmly as Sarah met him, receiving her kiss with enthusiasm. "Well, my love, you shall be lonely no longer. Do not fret about it; I simply thought there was an intruder. False alarm." He was pretty positive that she would not be able to see through his lie, so confident that he was in the telling. It was a lie that wouldn't hurt her at all, and one that he did not wish to bring forth. Placing a chiseled arm around her waist, he murmured, "Nothing. Nothing to worry about at all."

Sarah relaxed as Valcan spoke, feeling him slip his arm around her waist. "I am glad the house is secure. That makes me very happy." She kissed him again, deepening the kiss as they stood there on the stairs. "Are you ready to come back to bed?" she asked as she moved her lips from his, moving her had from the railing and taking his hand in hers.

"Same here," Valcan replied, a mischievious glint flickering in his eyes. Whereas another man would have been somber he was positively happy, something that might cause others to question his sanity. Though he was thoroughly aware that he could crush all the bones in Sarah's hand he held hers gently, delicately, as if he were holding an infant. "More than ready," he replied, his voice a soft murmur.

Sarah turned on the step, still holding Valcan's hand. She began to walk back up towards the bedroom. As they began to walk down the hallway, she slipped her hand out of his and wrapped her arm around his waist. She knew that physically, he was able to kill her without any issues, crush her actually, but loved how he was so tender and gentle with her. Turning her face up towards his, she smiled and moved closer to him as she walked along his side to their room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back