After the banquet...

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
After being named champion Hilary had been surrounded by many students, professor and guests. She was also filled with mixed feelings that she needed to think over and that would be easier to do without a huge crowd. After about twenty minutes she managed to free herself from the crowd of well wishers and a few people who seemed to be a little dissapointed mumbling something about fresh air. Once she was out of the great hall she decided she had to go somewhere where she could think.

Her feet started walking through the entrance and out of the castle. She wasn't really leading them anymore they were taking her somewhere that she'd feel comfortable. When she found herself at the gardens she stepped unto the pathway. Magically activated the fairy lights in the trees started to glow and led Hilary to the center of the garden. She sat at the base of the willow tree and let her thoughts take her over again. Of all the people who had placed their names in the goblet it had found her of all people the most worthy. Although she was happy about it she really hadn't thought that it would happen in a million years. There were so many people who she felt would have made better champion, but after reading about the cup she knew that it made a binding contract. "Why me?" she stated out loud to noone in particular almost as if she was questioning the stars themselves.

Nina walked down to the Garden after the banquet still surprised to be chosen, when she saw another one of the champions. Nina walked towards her happily, to properly introduce herself. "Hey, Hilary right?" Nina asked.

Hilary had not really been paying attention, contemplating the thoughts of being made champion for HNZ. She heard an unfamiliar voice say her name. Looking up she saw the newly named Hogwarts champion. Hilary gave a bit of a smile and replied to her, "Yeah, that's me, and your... Nina?" It was a pretty uncertain question as she had only seen the girl once before and it was mostly as a member of a huge crowd.

Nina nodded and said, "Yupp thats me, congratulations by the way." Nina smiled warmly and walked closer to Hilary.

Hilary smiled once again at the girl, "Thanks.. it was a big shock, And Congratulations to you too!" She replied sincerely.

"Thanks, I am still in shock." Nina said truthfully, even though she didn't like to admit it at least not to strangers, especially strangers that could possibly take her future title of Triwizard Champion from her. "So what year are you?" Nina asked curiously.

"I'm in Fourth year, Gryffindor" Hilary said trying to keep the sound of pride out of her voice. "What about you Nina?"

"I am a forth year Hufflpuff." Nina said dignified. "So Hilary do you play quidditch?" Nina asked slightly competitively.

"I sure do, Seeker since first year" Hilary said struggling even harder to keep the pride out of her voice. "What about you?"

"Seeker as well" Nina said happily. "You were allowed to be on your house team when you were a first year?" Nina asked a little surprised.

"Yes I was" Hilary replied with her smile getting bigger by the minute. "And I ended up singlehandedly winning every sanctioned game we played." She didn't mention that there actually was only one game, or that first years being on the team at that point was normal as there actually was basically ONLY first years around at that point.

"Hmm odd." Nina mumbled.

"Yeah maybe a little" Hilary replied and then brought up a question she had been thinking about since she heard from the headmistress. "So what do you think they'll have us do on Monday?"

Nina looked up at Hilary and said, "Honestly, I don't know, they are giving us three weeks to figure it out so we should be fine." Nina said in an encouraging tone, to both Hilary and herself, Nina wasn't completly confident about the whole TWT thing.

"I'm sure we will be Nina" Hilary said with a smile "I just hope it's not dragons... like it was the last time they had the tournament. But I'm sure they don't do the same thing twice..." She continued really hoping that she was right.

"Yeah probably not, but I think I think it would be cool to do the dragon thing, I have never seeen a dragon." Nina said, thinking of what it would be like.

Hilary looked her opponent in the eyes "Well I also would love to see a dragon sometime, but I'm not sure I'd want my first visit with them to be in a ring during competition." This she said in an almost joking fashion but was almost ready to just start the task rather than think about it for a long time.

Nina shrugged the thought off, she didn't really agree with Hilary she thought it would add to the thrill, and smiled. "Have you met Cameron, the Durmstrang competitor?" Nina asked after a few seconds of awkward silence.

Hilary looked up after a few moments of silence and replied "Actually he's the brother of one of my best friends and so I met him a couple of Christmases back. I went to visit them in California, United States." This was when Hilary thought of how Kiera would be feeling about this, her best friend competing against her brother.

"Oh that is so cool, I haven't meet him yet, but I know his girlfriend, she seems really nice." Nina said slightly surprised that EVERYONE knew everyone other than a few of the Scotland kids.

"Yeah, she is pretty nice... but other than him I don't know any of the Durmstang students. I also have only met three of the Scotland students, including yourself." Hilary looked up, it had only been like a week since they have arrived but Hilary still felt that she hadn't met many of the visitors yet, and now they might just see her as a competitor.

"I have met I think one Durmstrang competitor, he seems nice. And I have meet more than a few natives." Nina said happily. "Which Scotish folk have you meet?" Nina asked using a fake scotish accent.

"Well basically James and Sakura sat in on one of our Gryffindor quidditch practices." Hilary smiled though she really wanted to meet more of their visitors.

"You should meet the rest, actually I should meet two of ours, I haven't seen them since we left Scotland, how odd is that?" Nina asked herself primarily.

"Yeah really you should, and I should too" Hilary looked down at her watch and saw the time. "Well really I need to get some sleep, it was good talking to you and good luck Monday" she said with a smile before standing to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back