After Sorting

Jarek Speed

OOC First Name
Verity
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Jarek had been sorted at last. He received an enormous cheer from the Gryffindor table which almost deafened him as he jumped off the stool and went to join them. He felt like some kind of celebrity for those few seconds and couldn’t help but smile widely at his peers as he took his place on the bench. “Hi, hey... hello, nice to meet you. I’m Jarek – yep Jarek, nice to meet you too.” He introduced himself in turn to the Gryffindors closest to him and even shook a few hands. There was no time for any further conversation.

Silence quickly filled the hall once again as the next person stepped up to be sorted and almost instantly Jarek felt the effects the adrenaline caused by sorting start to wear off and hunger set in. He had to wait a little longer however as they were halfway through the sorting. One by one more people were being sorted, Jarek followed suit and cheered for any new Gryffindors, wondering if they would become his friends, or even be dorm mates as they sat down around him.

And finally, the last person was sorted and a few words were spoken by the head before it was time to eat. Jarek could have sworn that he hadn't even blinked, food of every kind had just appeared in front of his eyes! He gasped, not even his mum, a skilled witch, could magic food up that quickly! “Wow this is amazing!” Jarek took no time to start piling up his plate and engage in light conversation with his neighbour, which appeared to be more of a challenge than expected with a mouthful of food. “I hope the food is always this good! I'm Jarek by the way”

Lauren was now a second year student, a whole year was passed by. It went so fast! It was just one big adventure for her, to be on hogwarts. 'What will i explore this year?' Lauren saw a lot of students sorting into one house. She was thinking about, that one moment she was sorted last year. She was so happy, to be in Gryffindor, it was such a nice house, and there were a lot of nice people. Although she missed her brothers, who were sorted into hufflepuff. When the first years gryffindor students came sitting around the table, she gived them a smile. A boy introduced himself, he was calling Jarek.

The last person, was about to get sorted. And then Lauren looked beside her, she saw a boy who just has been sorted, who called Jarek. Lauren heard him saying, that it was amazing what he saw. The boy saw Lauren looking at him, so he talked. It was nice to see, that the boy was not nerveus, Lauren liked people who were happy and spontaneous. 'The food is always good, i can tell you that. It is wonderfull on Hogwarts! And this is just the beginning.' Lauren smiled at the boy, she was just as happy as Jarek was on this day. ' I'm Lauren by the way, i am second years now. Are you happy to be in Gryffindor?'

It was a bonus to hear that the food was always good, it made Jarek feel positive about everything else and how impressive the castle will be once he gets a chance to explore if this was just the beginning. It surprised him that with such a feast everyday, none of the old students around him had put on monumental amounts of weight. Jarek had very little self restraint when it came to food and wanted to taste everything in front of him. He nodded and grinned at the girls response, "Well now I know I'm going to like it here!" He smiled but it wasn't the most attractive smile with bits of food stuck in his teeth.

Jarek took another mouthful just as he was asked a question by Lauren, making him slow to respond. He swallowed, "Yes I'm really glad I was sorted into Gryffindor, my dad has always told me it's the best house but he is bias!" He was sure everyone around him would agree being in the house themselves.

"So what's fun to do around here? Where are the best places to go? Jarek didn't want Lauren to give too much away, just to point him in the right direction for fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back